San Jose Cawa Cawa Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco • Ayala • Baliwasan • Baluno • Boalan • Bolong • Buenavista • Bunguiao • Busay • Cabaluay • Cabatangan • Cacao • Calabasa • Calarian • Camino Nuevo • Campo Islam • Canelar • Capisan • Cawit • Culianan • Curuan • Daap • Dita • Divisoria • Dulian Bunguiao • Dulian Pasonanca • Guisao • Guiwan • Kasanyangan • La Paz • Labuan • Lamisahan • Landang Gua • Landang Laum • Lanzones • Lapakan • Latuan Curuan • Licomo • Limaong • Limpapa • Lubigan • Lumayang • Lumbangan • Lunzuran • Maasin • Malagutay • Mampang • Manalipa • Mangusu • Manicahan • Mariki • Mercedes • Muti • Pamucutan • Pangapuyan • Panubigan • Pasilmanta • Pasobolong • Pasonanca • Patalon • Putik • Quiniput • Recodo • Rio Hondo • Salaan • San Jose Cawa-Cawa • San Jose Gusu • San Ramon • San Roque • Sangali • Sibulao Curuan • Sinubong • Sinunuc • Sta. Barbara • Sta. Catalina • Sta. Maria • Sto. Niño • Tagasilay • Taguiti • Talabaan • Talisayan • Talon-Talon • Taluksangay • Tetuan • Tictapul • Tigbalabag • Tigtabon • Tolosa • Tugbungan • Tulungatung • Tumaga • Tumalutab • Tumitus • Victoria • Vitali • Zambowood • Zone I • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Location of San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
- original name: San Jose Cawa-Cawa
- geographical location: Zamboanga Del Sur, Region 9, Philippines, Asia
- geographical coordinates: 6° 54' 33" North, 122° 4' 2" East
Distance from CITY PROPER: 1.10 Km.
Location: West Coast
It stretches from San Jose Road covering Cawasa drive, Ruste drive where the Claret School is, to Johnston Subdivision to Baliwasan Cemetery, Don Basilio Navarro Road, ZAEC Medical Center, Pilar Colleges and up to Cawa-Cawa covering the shoreline of RT Lim Boulevard.
Adjacent barangays are: Canelar, Sto. Niño, Baliwasan and Zone I-City Proper
History of San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
Barangay San Jose Cawa-Cawa used to have long and sandy beach but narrowed by the road widening along the stretch of RT Lim Boulevard, which was the popular picnic ground of Zamboangueños during sunsets and weekends.
The other half of the name of the barangay got its name from the word "Cawa" which means frying pan in the local dialect. The beach along RT Lim Boulevard was believed to be shaped like frying pan and swimmers repeatedly called the beach Cawa-Cawa to warn the bathers of the perils of the depth of the sea in the area.
People of San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
Elected Government Officials of San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
- Elected Officers for the term of 2013-2016
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Ponferrada, Jerbie Ann Guanzon
- Barangay Kagawad Lim, Ronald Cimafranca
- Barangay Kagawad Casumpang, Gliceria Carpio
- Barangay Kagawad Araneta, Carlo Vincent Narciso
- Barangay Kagawad Payopelin, Jose Frederick Montalbo
- Barangay Kagawad Francisco, Alice Palconet
- Barangay Kagawad Baybayan, Benyusseeff Jahang
- Barangay Kagawad Casumpang, Ernesto Jr. Labiaga
- Elected Officers for the term of 2010-2013
- San Jose Cawa-Cawa, Barangay Chairman, Espiridion F. Avellaneda
- San Jose Cawa-Cawa, Kagawad 1, Rennie S. Juaton
- San Jose Cawa-Cawa, Kagawad 2, Jerbie Ann G. Ponferrada
- San Jose Cawa-Cawa, Kagawad 3, Carlo Vincent N. Araneta
- San Jose Cawa-Cawa, Kagawad 4, Eddie John M. Miguel
- San Jose Cawa-Cawa, Kagawad 5, Roel L. Agudo
- San Jose Cawa-Cawa, Kagawad 6, Mervyn M. Mariano
- San Jose Cawa-Cawa, Kagawad 7, Nieves L. Fernandez
- San Jose Cawa-Cawa, SK Chairman, Alice P. Francisco
- San Jose Cawa-Cawa, SK Kagawad, Midzfar K. Taradji
Businesses in San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
- We invite you to list your business located in Brngy.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsor zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Brngy
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Brngy, you can list that property for FREE HERE.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City, Philippines
- The schools in San Jose Cawa Cawa
Economy of San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of San Jose Cawa Cawa you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of San Jose Cawa Cawa, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of San Jose Cawa Cawa. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of San Jose Cawa Cawa. This will help boost the local economy of San Jose Cawa Cawa. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the San Jose Cawa Cawa landmarks here.
- Places to see in San Jose Cawa Cawa:
- Sunset at Cawa-Cawa Blvd.
Fiestas and Traditions of San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
Barangay Fiesta: every October 24 in honor of Nuestra Señora del Pilar
Your Story about San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
Around San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City
Refugees from the war of September 9, 2013 were displaced into the streets. R.T. Lim Blvd becomes home to hundreds of refugees. The city does not provide any toilet facilities to these refugees. So they all use the shoreline of cawa-cawa beach to go to the bathroom and at the same time do their bathing. The tragedy is this: The barangays of San Jose Cawa-Cawa and Sto. Niño did not file a petition to the city administration as to the expediting of providing these people better conditions.
And since these refugees are in the custody of the barangays (even though national crises makes the city responsible) the city administration is playing the waiting game. The money is available and zamboanga has ample locations.
But unless the barangays of Sto. Nino and San Jose Cawa exercise their authority of domain, this tragedy will drag on.
The tragedy is not just to the once tourist area and a favorite place for couples and lovers to watch the sunset but mainly to the inhumane way that these refugees are living.
San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for San Jose Cawa Cawa.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:San Jose Cawa Cawa, Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[San Jose Cawa Cawa Zamboanga City Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.