Carcar City Cebu Philippines
Barangays of Carcar in the Cebu Province within Region 7 in the Republic of the Philippines
Bolinawan | Buenavista | Calidngan | Can-asujan | Guadalupe | Liburon | Napo | Ocana | Perrelos | Poblacion I | Poblacion II | Poblacion III | Tuyom | Valencia | Valladolid
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Cebu Province within Region VII in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara • Alcoy • Alegria • Aloguinsan • Argao • Asturias • Badian • Balamban • Bantayan • Barili • Boljoon • Borbon • Carmen • Catmon • Compostela • Consolacion • Cordova • Daanbantayan • Dalaguete • Dumanjug • Ginatilan • Liloan • Madridejos • Malabuyoc • Medellin • Minglanilla • Moalboal • Oslob • Pilar • Pinamungahan • Poro • Ronda • Samboan • San Fernando • San Francisco • San Remigio • Santa Fe • Santander • Sibonga • Sogod • Tabogon • Tabuelan • Tuburan • Tudela
*Cities in the Province of Cebu: Bogo City • Carcar City • Cebu City • Danao City • Lapu-Lapu City • Mandaue City • Naga City • Talisay City • Toledo City
Seal of Carcar City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Carcar City, Philippines|
Location of Carcar City within Cebu
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
Carcar City Hall
Old Rotunda of Carcar City
New Rotunda of Carcar City
Carcar Museum, Carcar City
Kabkaban Festival Carcar 2010
- Carcar City has a total of 15 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Carcar City as of (2010) = 50,774
- Population of Carcar City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 100,632
- Land Area of Carcar City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 11,678
- Carcar City is a unclassified City and Partially Urban.
- Carcar City is in the Cebu province and within Region VII-Central Visayas.
Geography of Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
- The total Land Area of Carcar City (as of 2007, in hectares)= 11,678
Location of Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
History of Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
- article from the LGU of Carcar verbatim
Carcar is a junction town whose prosperity is still evidenced by large antique residences, quaint houses decorated with intricate lacy woodwork, and an imposing town plaza. It was a thriving settlement located on a small peninsula called Sialo. Sialo was the southernmost boundary of the big parish of San Nicolas, Cebu City. The Spaniards made the settlement into a town on June 21, 1599 and renamed it as Villadolid, after a famous city in Spain. Because it was along the coastline, it was vulnerable to Moslem piratical attacks. Year in and year out, it was pillaged by the Moros, taking away inhabitants and killing more. Finally, the survivors left their hometown for a safer place and agreed on a site: a crossroad leading to Sibonga to the south; Barili to the west; and San Fernando to the north. It was aptly called Mowag. Here fellow travelers coming form the fiesta Señor of Cebu City would split apart for their respective towns. But because of the presence of abundant tree-climbing plants called kabkad, they renamed the place Kabhad. The present name Carcar was given by its parish priest after his hometown in Spain.
People of Carcar, Cebu, Philippines
- Total Population of Carcar City (as of Aug 1, 2007) per Census= 100,632
- Carcar City total Registered Voters as of (2010) per COMELEC= 55,205
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Carcar City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Carcar City: Nicepuro Lauron Apura - ONE CEBU
- Vice-Mayor of Carcar City: Mario Patricio Paraz Barcenas - ONE CEBU
- Councilors of Carcar City:
- BARCENAS, BEBE (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 20644 7.92%
- MONTESCLAROS, ROGER (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 18921 7.26%
- VELEZ, ROY (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 18717 7.18%
- FERNANDEZ, JESON INDEPENDENT 17613 6.76%
- DEL ROSARIO, IAN BHOK (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 16588 6.36%
- QUIJANO, GIOVANNI (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 16285 6.25%
- NACUA, HAROLD (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 15122 5.80%
- GANTUANGCO, ARKI INDEPENDENT 15064 5.78%
- SANDOY, ELVI (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 13989 5.37%
- APURA, ANTHONY JOHN (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 13569 5.21%
- Elected officials of Carcar City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Nicepuro Lauron Apura
- Vice-Mayor: Mario Patricio Paraz Barcenas
Barangays Elected Officials of Carcar, Cebu
Businesses in Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Carcar City. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Carcar City
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in Carcar City
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Carcar City
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Carcar, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
- article from the lgu of carcar verbatim
The first convent and church of Carcar were burned by the Muslims. The present (Greek-Tuscany style) was the work of Frs. Antonio Maglano, Gabriel Gonzales, and Manuel Fernandez. Although construction was begun in 1860, it was not completed until 1876.
It is mainly byzantine in architecture, the altar is Greco-Roman, and its columns are Corinthian. The parish was established in 1624.
One interesting feature of their church, is the presence of the statues of the twelve apostles, which is a recent addition to the church patio obstructing the view of the façade. All the statues are carved in white except for the one which is in black: that of Judas, the traitor, which the parishioners call the “penitent.”
Schools in Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your Carcar Cityhool in Carcar can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Carcar you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Carcar, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Carcar City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Carcar City" page.
Natural Resources of Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Carcar in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Carcar. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Carcar landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Carcar.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Philippine end-Nov forex reserves at 10-month high
- Friday, December 6, 2013 5:39 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Gross international reserves jumped to a 10-month high to $84.025 billion in November, data from the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas showed.
- "The increase in reserves was due mainly to foreign exchange operations and income from investments of the BSP as well as foreign currency deposits by the Treasurer of the Philippines," the BSP said in a statement. ........Full Story»
- PH, Myanmar to agree on visa exemption
- Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:12 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – Philippine President Benigno Aquino III and Myanmar President U Thein Sein will forge a visa exemption agreement, among others, in a historic meeting between the two leaders on Thursday, December 5.
- Thein Sein arrived in the Philippines on Wednesday afternoon, December 4, for a 3-day state visit.........Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- AXE Apollo Team PH trains in Space Camp
- Friday, December 6, 2013 12:01 am
- THE AXE Apollo Team Philippines arrived at the AXE Apollo Space Academy Space Camp inside the famed Kennedy Space Center in Orlando, Florida, USA with Evan Ray Datuin, Chino Roque and Ramil Santos currently undergoing a five-day astronaut training.
- Evan Ray Datuin, Chino Roque and Ramil Santos pose in front of the Rocket Garden.
- Datuin, Roque and Santos are among the 104 astronaut-hopefuls from 60 countries going through a series of briefings at the Rocket Garden that had Mercury-Redstone, Atlas and Titan rockets as spectacular backdrops...............Full Story»
Your Story about Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines
Tell your story about Carcar. You can talk about the good things in Carcar or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Carcar. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Carcar City, Cebu
- Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Carcar City, Cebu?
- Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines.
Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Zamboanga City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Hello, I wanted to put my grandfather name on here. He's going to be 101 years old by end of this month. His name is Balbeno Omedos Campanon lives in Cambuntan Carcar City. D.O.B 3-31-1912.
Carcar, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Carcar City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Carcar City, Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Carcar City Cebu Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.