Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
Barangays of Danao City, in the Cebu province within Region 7 in the Republic of the Philippines
Baliang | Bayabas | Binaliw | Cabungahan | Cagat-Lamac | Cahumayan | Cambanay | Cambubho | Cogon-Cruz | Danasan | Dungga | Dunggoan | Guinacot | Guinsay | Ibo | Langosig | Lawaan | Licos | Looc | Magtagobtob | Malapoc | Manlayag | Mantija | Masaba | Maslog | Nangka | Oguis | Pili | Poblacion | Quisol | Sabang | Sacsac | Sandayong Norte | Sandayong Sur | Santa Rosa | Santican | Sibacan | Suba | Taboc | Taytay | Togonon | Tuburan Sur
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Cebu Province within Region VII in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara • Alcoy • Alegria • Aloguinsan • Argao • Asturias • Badian • Balamban • Bantayan • Barili • Boljoon • Borbon • Carmen • Catmon • Compostela • Consolacion • Cordova • Daanbantayan • Dalaguete • Dumanjug • Ginatilan • Liloan • Madridejos • Malabuyoc • Medellin • Minglanilla • Moalboal • Oslob • Pilar • Pinamungahan • Poro • Ronda • Samboan • San Fernando • San Francisco • San Remigio • Santa Fe • Santander • Sibonga • Sogod • Tabogon • Tabuelan • Tuburan • Tudela
*Cities in the Province of Cebu: Bogo City • Carcar City • Cebu City • Danao City • Lapu-Lapu City • Mandaue City • Naga City • Talisay City • Toledo City
Seal of Danao City, Cebu
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Danao City, Cebu|
Danao City, Cebu
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
City Hall of Danao City
Danao City Civic Center
Danao City Church
Palengke - Danao City Public Market
Palengke Meat Section- Danao City Public Market
Danao City Rizal Plaza
Danao City Rizal Plaza
- Danao City has a total of 42 barangays
- Danao City Registered Voters as of (2010) = 77,614
- Danao City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 109,354
- Danao City Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares) = 10,730
- Danao City is a 3rd class Component City and Partially Urban.
Geography of Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
- The total Land Area of Danao City (as of 2007, in hectares)= 10,730
Location of Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
History of Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
There is no concrete record to support the story on how Danao got its name. Although in the 1960's there were circularized copies of a story concerning the early founding of Danao, but the contents and substance were but clear reproduction of an old legendary version which related of a Spanish Captain by the name of Manuel Aniceto del Rosario who, as the story went, was commissioned by the early Spanish authorities in the province of Cebu to establish municipalities starting from what is now Danao City towards the northern part of Cebu as far as what is now presently the municipality of Borbon.
This developed when in compliance with his commission, Capt. Del Rosario went to said places to perform his duties. Riding on a horse on his way to the north after a place called Cotcot, he came upon a few natives who were resting and taking time bathing their carabaos in one of the many lakes in the area. Dismounting from his horse, the Captain took his rest and in a short while struck conversation with the surprised natives. Pointing vertically his forefinger to the ground where they stood, the captain inquired just what was the name of the place, with the impression that the stranger might have asked the name of the small lakes where their carabaos were resting, one of the native instantly replied: "DANAWAN" (a Cebuano dialect for small lake) which, according to the story, on account of the Captain's defective sense of hearing, only heard and recorded the first syllable DA-NAO. Thus begun the early naming of the place DANAO. (this article taken vervatim from: http://danaocity.gov.ph/index.php/the-city/history }
People of Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
- Total Population of Danao City (as of Aug 1, 2007) per Census= 109,354
- Danao City total Registered Voters as of (2010) per COMELEC= 78,972
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Danao City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Danao City: DURANO, NITO - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Danao City: DURANO, RED - BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA
- Councilors of Danao City:
- DURANO-MECA, IVY (BAKUD) BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA 31656 7.88%
- ALMENDRAS, JED (BAKUD) BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA 29863 7.43%
- DUTERTE, CYNTHIA (BAKUD) BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA 28244 7.03%
- LAWAS, LANDRING (BAKUD) BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA 27728 6.90%
- GIANGO, RODRIGO (BAKUD) BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA 26629 6.63%
- ENRIQUEZ, JOVE (BAKUD) BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA 23696 5.90%
- CANE, JOHN (BAKUD) BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA 22925 5.70%
- REYES, ROLAND (BAKUD) BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA 22325 5.55%
- ROBLE, JOJO (BAKUD) BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA 21222 5.28%
- MECA, CELSO (BAKUD) BARUG ALANG SA KAUSWAGAN NG DEMOKRASYA 20486 5.10%
- Elected officials of Danao City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Ramon Duterte Durano Jr.
- Vice-Mayor: Ramon Duterte Durano III
Barangays Elected Officials of Danao City, Cebu
Businesses in Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Danao City. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Danao City
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in Danao City
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Danao City
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate or Properties for Sale in Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Danao City, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Danao City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Danao City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Danao City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Danao City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Danao City" page.
Natural Resources of Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Danao City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Danao City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Danao City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Danao City.
Your Story about Danao City, Cebu, Philippines
Tell your story about Danao City. You can talk about the good things in Danao City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Danao City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Phl due for new upgrade – BSP
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines may get a further credit rating upgrade as early as this year on the back of the economy’s rosy prospects, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Deputy Governor Diwa Guinigundo said yesterday.
- “Given that one of the credit rating agencies has given us a positive credit outlook and given that Fitch (Ratings) will also provide some positive review after they came here, it’s possible that we can have another upgrade,” Guinigundo said....................... Full Story»
- Export up 9.3% in January
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:46 am
- MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) — Philippine export revenues in January rose by 9.3 percent on year to 4.38 billion U.S. dollars due to higher shipment of electronic products, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) said Tuesday.
- PSA said electronic products remained as the country's top export item during the period, accounting for nearly 41 percent of revenues in January. Receipts from electronic products went up by 22.1 percent on year to 1.79 billion U.S. dollars ..................... Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Tio humbles Asian champ, bags ICTSI kiteboard plum
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Young Christian Tio edged reigning Asian Tour champion Dylan Van der Meij in their hotly-contested freestyle duel to rule the fifth and final leg of the first ICTSI Philippine Kiteboarding Tour at the Emerald Playa beach in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan last Sunday.
- Tio, a 12-year-old Norwegian find and member of the powerhouse Boracay team, put on an impressive performance to humble Van der Meij, who came into the event a hot favorite following his title romp in Kiteboard Tour Asia in Boracay recently ..................... Full Story»
Danao City, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Danao City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Danao City, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Danao City, Cebu, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.