Canelar Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco • Ayala • Baliwasan • Baluno • Boalan • Bolong • Buenavista • Bunguiao • Busay • Cabaluay • Cabatangan • Cacao • Calabasa • Calarian • Camino Nuevo • Campo Islam • Canelar • Capisan • Cawit • Culianan • Curuan • Daap • Dita • Divisoria • Dulian Bunguiao • Dulian Pasonanca • Guisao • Guiwan • Kasanyangan • La Paz • Labuan • Lamisahan • Landang Gua • Landang Laum • Lanzones • Lapakan • Latuan Curuan • Licomo • Limaong • Limpapa • Lubigan • Lumayang • Lumbangan • Lunzuran • Maasin • Malagutay • Mampang • Manalipa • Mangusu • Manicahan • Mariki • Mercedes • Muti • Pamucutan • Pangapuyan • Panubigan • Pasilmanta • Pasobolong • Pasonanca • Patalon • Putik • Quiniput • Recodo • Rio Hondo • Salaan • San Jose Cawa-Cawa • San Jose Gusu • San Ramon • San Roque • Sangali • Sibulao Curuan • Sinubong • Sinunuc • Sta. Barbara • Sta. Catalina • Sta. Maria • Sto. Niño • Tagasilay • Taguiti • Talabaan • Talisayan • Talon-Talon • Taluksangay • Tetuan • Tictapul • Tigbalabag • Tigtabon • Tolosa • Tugbungan • Tulungatung • Tumaga • Tumalutab • Tumitus • Victoria • Vitali • Zambowood • Zone I • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Replace with Official Canelar Barangay Seal Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Zamboanga City, Philippines|
Entrance to the barangay Canelar
Barangay Hall of Canelar
Garden Orchid Hotel, Canelar
Iglesia Ni Cristo
Village Restaurant, Canelar
- Area: 92.7 Hectares
Location of Canelar, Zamboanga City
Canelar is about 1.20 kilometers north of City hall. It is bounded in the east by Sucabon Creek; in the north by the airstrip serving as the natural boundary for Canelar and Sta. Maria; in the west a demarcation line has been drawn in the interior portions to separate the Barangays of Baliwasan, San Jose Cawa-Cawa'; and Sto. Niño, and in the southern portion, it is narrowed down to the long stretch of Gov. Alvarez Ave.
Gov. Camins Ave. cuts Canelar from East to West. At the cross-section of Gov. Camins Ave. and Sta. Maria Ave (climaco Rd), you will find 24 hour restaurants, such as: Jollibee and Chowking. An "island" full of beautiful plants adorns the center divide.
History of Canelar, Zamboanga City
Barangay Canelar was a quaint sitio of the City of Zambonga in the pre and post war days.
So far, Canelar was the largest barrio here in Zamboanga City before the enactment of the Local Government Code of 1996 with its boundary lines in the east, the entire stretch of the Veterans Avenue expanding from the intersection of Tetuan up to Tumaga intersection.
In the south it expands its wings up to the Sucabon areas. In the west, the long stretch of the San Jose-Baliwasan Roads and in the north, the boundary line is the runway that divides Barangays Sta. Maria and Canelar.
The term Canelar, legend has it, that once upon a time, the barrio was the habitat of for the commercial trees known as “Canela”. Hence, the Spanish conquistadores gave its official name as “Canelar”, and since then, the term Canelar became a proverbial word.
People of Canelar, Zamboanga City
Taken from the 2007 Census:
Total Population: 11, 096
Number of Household: 2,416
- Population as of May 1, 2010 Census: 11,160
Elected Government Officials of Canelar, Zamboanga City
Canelar Barangay Elected Officers for the term of 2013-2016
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Sabordo, Godofredo Sr. Guardiana
- Barangay Kagawad Guatlo, Ramon Perez
- Barangay Kagawad Dela Peña, Rosslyn Lim
- Barangay Kagawad Balan, Jesus Solis
- Barangay Kagawad Kulani, Hairun Lajak
- Barangay Kagawad Lozano, Vincent Paolo Ho
- Barangay Kagawad Alar, Flordeliza Soriano
- Barangay Kagawad Jacinto, Ramon Sanchez
Canelar Barangay Elected Officers for the term of 2010-2013
- Canelar, Barangay Chairman, Godofredo G. Sabordo Sr.
- Canelar, Kagawad 1, Rosslyn L. De La Peña
- Canelar, Kagawad 2, Ponciano T. Alar
- Canelar, Kagawad 3, Bernardo M. Tillah
- Canelar, Kagawad 4, Jesus S. Balan
- Canelar, Kagawad 5, Adelina L. Manuel
- Canelar, Kagawad 6, Allan P. Bernales
- Canelar, Kagawad 7, Laniegirl T. De La Cruz
- Canelar, SK Chairman, Rouschelle Mae O. Montojo
- Canelar Barangay Elected Officers for the term of 2007-2010
- Punong Barangay: Godofredo G. Sabordo Sr.
- Barangay Kagawad:
- Secretary: Edwin B. Miguel
- Treasurer: Anacleto C. Boldorado Jr.
- SK Chairman: Midzmar A. Kulani
- SK Kagawad:
Businesses in Canelar, Zamboanga City
Canelar is like downtown Zamboanga City. Most of the best restaurants, hotels, night clubs, and karaoke-bars are in Canelar.
- Businesses in Canelar
- Chinito's Restaurant, Gov. Camins Ave., Canelar, Zamboanga City
- Chowking Restaurant, Canelar, Zamboanga City
- Garden Orchid Hotel, Gov. Camins Ave., Canelar, Zamboanga City
- Martian Garden Hotel, Gov. Camins Ave., Canelar, Zamboanga City
- Red Ribbon, Gov. Camins Ave., Canelar, Zamboanga City
- Sea Oil Gas Station, Gov. Camins Ave., Canelar, Zamboanga City
- Village Restaurant, Gov. Camins Ave., Canelar, Zamboanga City
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Canelar, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Real Estate for Sale in Canelar, Zamboanga City
- Click HERE to view properties for sale in Canelar.
- If you have real estate property for sale in Canelar, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Canelar, Zamboanga City
- Iglesia Ni Cristo, Canelar, Zamboanga City
Schools in Canelar, Zamboanga City
- Canelar Elementary School
Economy of Canelar, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Natural Resources of Canelar, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Canelar, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Fiestas and Traditions of Canelar, Zamboanga City
Canelar celebrates it's yearly Fiesta on 27th of June.
Your Story about Canelar, Zamboanga City
You story about this barangay
- Upload Pictures of Canelar.
- Canelar Zamboanga City Photo Gallery
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Canelar.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Canelar Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Canelar Zamboanga City Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.