Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Barangays of Dipolog City, in the Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
Barra • Biasong • Central • Cogon • Dicayas • Diwan • Estaka • Galas • Gulayon • Lugdungan • Minaog • Miputak • Olingan • Punta • San Jose • Sangkol • Santa Filomena • Santa Isabel • Sicayab • Sinaman • Turno
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of (25) Municipalities and (2) Cities in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Baliguian || Godod || Gutalac || Jose Dalman || Kalawit || Katipunan || La Libertad || Labason || Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan) || Liloy || Manukan || Mutia || Pinan || Polanco || Pres. Manuel Roxas || Rizal || Salug || Sergio Osmena Sr. || Siayan || Sibuco || Sibutad || Sindangan || Siocon || Sirawai || Tampilisan
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City - Capital
|All 691 barangays in the province of Zamboanga del Norte has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates or picture uploads will be greatly appreciated.|
Seal of Dipolog City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte|
Dipolog City Map Locator
Location of Zamboanga del Norte
Dipolog City Welcome Arch
City Hall building of Dipolog City
Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral Parish
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Dipolog City Bus Terminal
Dipolog City Airport Terminal
Tricycles in place of Taxis in Downtown Dipolog
Post Office, Miputak, Dipolog City
Santa Cruz Central Boulevard, Dipolog City
St. Mary's Academy, Central, Dipolog
Convention and Sports Center, Estaka
- Dipolog City has a total of 21 barangays
- Registered Voters of Dipolog City as of (2010) = 58,615
- Dipolog City is in the 2nd Voting District of Zamboanga del Norte
- Population of Dipolog City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 113,118
- Land Area of Dipolog City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 24,113
- Dipolog City is a 3rd class Component City and Partially Urban.
- Dipolog City is in the Zamboanga del Norte province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
- Dipolog City is the capital city of Zamboanga del Norte. Also known as "The Orchid City" of the Philippines.
Location of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Coordinates: 08°34′N 123°20′E
- Dipolog City is one of the 18 "coastal" towns (with seashores bordering the Sulu Sea) of Zamboanga del Norte starting from the border of Zamboanga City and are lined up as follows: 1 Sibuco, 2 Sirawai, 3 Siocon, 4 Baliguian, 5 Gutalac, 6 Labason, 7 Liloy, 8 Salug, 9 Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan), 10 Sindangan, 11 Jose Dalman, 12 Manukan, 13, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, 14 Katipunan, 15 Dipolog City, 16 Dapitan City, 17 Sibutad, 18 Rizal. Rizal borders the province of Misamis Occidental
Zamboanga del Norte is situated in Northern Mindanao. It is bounded on the north and west by the Sulu Sea, on the east by Misamis Occidental, and on the south by Zamboanga del Norte.
The province occupies a total land area of 6,618 square kilometers. It has an average elevation of 243.8 meters, with Mt. Dabiak in Katipunan as the highest peak at 2,600 meters. Other parts, near the coastlines, are plains. The province’s irregular coastline runs 400 kilometers from north to south.
- Article from: The Philippines department of tourism
History of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Dubbed as the “Twin-City Province,” Zamboanga del Norte has been made famous by the beauty and charm of the Orchid City of Dipolog and the historical, rustic quaintness of the Shrine City of Dapitan.
Decrying Spanish authority over his beloved country, Dr. Jose P. Rizal, Philippine National Hero, lived in exile in faraway Dapitan City, then only a sleepy town in Mindanao. Here, he spent fruitfully his last four years in exile, from 1892 to 1896, to practice medicine, pursue scientific studies, keep with his artistic and literary endeavors, and widen his knowledge of languages. In Dapitan, Dr. Rizal found a school and a hospital, and became a farmer to prove to the people that farming is as good a profession as medicine.
The original estate of Dr. Rizal in Dapitan has been declared a national shrine and is being administered by the National Historical Institute. Hence, the city monicker, “Shrine City of the Philippines.” By the year 2020, Dapitan is poised to become the Dr. Jose Rizal Heritage Center of the Philippines, owing to the wealth of Rizal memorabilia and memorable places associated with the country’s beloved hero.
Zamboanga del Norte today is equally famous for Dakak Beach, the province’s foremost natural attraction. The very popular Dakak Beach is most known for its beautfiully shaped cove and powdery white sand, and as a diving mecca in Mindanao. Pristine blue waters, excellent dive sites with an abundance of coral reefs, and a magnificent sunset horizon characterize this tropical eden. Dakak Park and Beach Resort boasts 15 hectares of wooded land, a natural reservoir for native plants and animals, and a 750-meter private white-sand beach. article from: The Philippines department of tourism
People of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Dipolog City Population (as of 2010 Census) = 120,460
- Dipolog City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 113,118
- Dipolog City Registered Voters (2010 COMELEC) = 64,131
- Dipolog City Registered Voters (2007 COMELEC) = 58,615
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Officials of Dipolog City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Dipolog City: Evelyn Tang Uy
- Vice-Mayor of Dipolog City: Horacio Bernus Velasco
- City Councillors of Dipolog City:
- Elected Officials of Dipolog City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Evelyn Tang Uy term 2007-2010 and 2010-2013
- Vice-Mayor: Senen Olvis Angeles : term: 2007-2010 and 2010 -2013
- City Councillors: for 2010 - 2013
Barangay Officials of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Meryl and Ralph Store and Top Plaza Hotel
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
|Businesses in Dipolog City|
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Dipolog City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
- Chapel Sta. Cruz, Central, Dipolog City
- Dipolog Alliance Evangelical Chruch, Miputak, Dipolog City
- Dipolog City Catholic Church
- Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral, Estaka, Dipolog City
- Our Mother of Perpetual Help, Punta, Dipolog City
- Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Estaka, Dipolog City
Schools in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Dipolog City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
- Elementary Schools in Dipolog City
- High Schools in Dipolog City
- Institute of Technology, Minaog, Dipolog City
- Colleges in Dipolog City
- St. Vincent's College
- Tel#: +63-65-212–3743
- St. Vincent's College
You can also create your FREE School Web Page (Example) to promote and give it an internet presence. We can help you do it.
Arts and Culture in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Let the world explore and relate to the creative and living experience that is unique to Dipolog City.
- Design Arts, Film, Literature, Music, Entertainment, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and any cultural identity that says: Dipolog City!
- Upload the pictures of your favorite Arts & Culture topic.
Economy of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Dipolog City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Dipolog City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Dipolog City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Dipolog City" page.
Natural Resources of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Sports and Recreation in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- We invite you to provide everyone with information on your favorite sports teams or recreation in Dipolog City.
- The name of your sports/recreation, address, phone number.
- Upload the picture of your place of sports or recreation.
Tourists Attractions of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Dipolog City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Dipolog City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
Landmarks: Monuments or Historic buildings in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Upload The photos about landmarks in Dipolog City.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Dipolog City.
Your Story about Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Dipolog City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Dipolog City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Oil firms pursue exploration in PH
- Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:22 am
- Trans-Asia Petroleum Corp. and partner Frontier Gasfields Pty. Ltd. (FGL) are furthering exploration activities in Service Contract 69 (SC 69) in Eastern Visayas.
- Trans-Asia Petroleum, which is set to take over the exploration block, and its partner jointly notified the Department of Energy that they were set on sub-Phase 4 exploration in the petroleum block in Camotes Sea from May 7 this year to May 7, 2016 ........................ Full Story»
- Philippine peso heads for best week since January on remittances
- Friday, April 17, 2015
- The Philippine peso headed for its biggest weekly advance since January, after data showed an increase in the amount of money sent home by workers living abroad.
- Remittances, which accounted for 9 percent of gross domestic product in 2014, climbed 4.2 percent in February from a year earlier, the central bank reported on Wednesday. That compared with a 0.5-percent increase in January. The peso rose, even as foreign funds pulled $103 million from local shares in the first four days of the week, exchange data show. “You’ve seen a rebound in remittances,” said Joey Cuyegkeng, an economist at ING Groep NV in Manila. “There were foreign sellers in the stock market. Apparently, those investors were taking profits without going out from the Philippine market.” ........................ Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- PH Superliga race for semis seats heats up
- Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:01 am
- THE race for the second outright semifinal berth further heats up as Shopinas, Foton and Philips Gold figure in highly crucial encounters when the 2015 Philippine Superliga women’s volleyball tournament All-Filipino Conference rolls back to Alonte Sports Arena in Binan City today.
- The Tornadoes and Lady Slammers start things off when they clash in the first game at 2:30 p.m., while unbeaten Petron battles Mane ‘N Tail at 4:30 p.m., followed by the collision between the Lady Clickers and Cignal in the 6:30 p.m. main encounter of this inter-club tourney organized by Sports Core and backed by Asics, Mikasa, Senoh, Mueller Sports Medicine, Via Mare, LGR and Healthway Medical .................................. Full Story»
Why Z-Wiki Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines?
We want to give the people of Dipolog City the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Dipolog City is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Dipolog City participate and collaborate in providing valid information about their community and also by uploading photographs about their community. More power to Dipolog City.
Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Dipolog City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.