Sangali Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco • Ayala • Baliwasan • Baluno • Boalan • Bolong • Buenavista • Bunguiao • Busay • Cabaluay • Cabatangan • Cacao • Calabasa • Calarian • Camino Nuevo • Campo Islam • Canelar • Capisan • Cawit • Culianan • Curuan • Daap • Dita • Divisoria • Dulian Bunguiao • Dulian Pasonanca • Guisao • Guiwan • Kasanyangan • La Paz • Labuan • Lamisahan • Landang Gua • Landang Laum • Lanzones • Lapakan • Latuan Curuan • Licomo • Limaong • Limpapa • Lubigan • Lumayang • Lumbangan • Lunzuran • Maasin • Malagutay • Mampang • Manalipa • Mangusu • Manicahan • Mariki • Mercedes • Muti • Pamucutan • Pangapuyan • Panubigan • Pasilmanta • Pasobolong • Pasonanca • Patalon • Putik • Quiniput • Recodo • Rio Hondo • Salaan • San Jose Cawa-Cawa • San Jose Gusu • San Ramon • San Roque • Sangali • Sibulao Curuan • Sinubong • Sinunuc • Sta. Barbara • Sta. Catalina • Sta. Maria • Sto. Niño • Tagasilay • Taguiti • Talabaan • Talisayan • Talon-Talon • Taluksangay • Tetuan • Tictapul • Tigbalabag • Tigtabon • Tolosa • Tugbungan • Tulungatung • Tumaga • Tumalutab • Tumitus • Victoria • Vitali • Zambowood • Zone I • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage. Anybody can help update the barangay pages in three ways: (1) by registering as a user, (2) by sending the contribution via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, (3) by sending the story or pictures via .
On the East Coast Hwy: The barangay before Sangali is Victoria and the one after Sangali is Bolong
Sangali Barangay Hall
Sangali Barangay Hall
Sangali Barangay Hall Under Construction
Sangali Barangay Fire Station
Sangali Barangay Covered Court
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
ONB One National Bank, Sangali
National Grid Cooperative of the Philippines, Sangali Substation
Location of Sangali, Zamboanga City
- Distance from CITY PROPER: 25.34 Km.
- Location: East Coast
It is a 30-minute drive from the city proper. Transportation is not a problem because the roads are well cemented and different types of vehicles can be commuted.
It is rich in marine resources. The people in Sangali mostly depend on fishing and fish drying while others depend on tilling lands and planting corn, palay, vegetables and other produce as their meager source of income.
Adjacent Barangays are: Victoria, Lamisahan, Bunguiao and Bolong. It has 7 Puroks, 4 Zones and 5 Sitios.
History of Sangali, Zamboanga City
During the Spanish time, Sang, a Chinese merchant decided to establish his business in one of the barrios in Zamboanga. This barrio has no name at that time and is located in the east coast. In the same place lived another businessman popularly known as Ali. The two businessmen became close friends and even treated each other as brothers. Sang had decided to put up permanently his business in the said place.
Sang and Ali's business prospered and they were always seen together in their business ventures. Years had passed the people called them Sang-Ali. Finally the people named the place Sangali as what it is known today.
People of Sangali, Zamboanga City
Sangali is an Urban Barangay with a Total Population (as of May 1, 2010) census of 19,230.
Elected Government Officials of Sangali, Zamboanga City
- Elected Officers for the term of 2013 - 2016
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Bakil, Daud Totoh
- Barangay Kagawad Felix, Oswaldo Atilano
- Barangay Kagawad Salih, Abraham Jawali
- Barangay Kagawad Caranzo, Mario Cuevas
- Barangay Kagawad Arcillas, Oscar Jr. Coros
- Barangay Kagawad Rañin, Ruth Ramirez
- Barangay Kagawad Mosqueda, Hermela Ybañez
- Barangay Kagawad Aizon, Roseller Ledesma
- Elected Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Sangali, Barangay Chairman, Leopoldo R. Toribio
- Sangali, Kagawad 1, Ruben C. Arcillas
- Sangali, Kagawad 2, Daud T. Bakil
- Sangali, Kagawad 3, Muhaimin T. Barahim
- Sangali, Kagawad 4, Alberto T. Abalos
- Sangali, Kagawad 5, Abraham J. Salih
- Sangali, Kagawad 6, Roseller L. Aizon
- Sangali, Kagawad 7, Jamil C. Balahim
- Sangali, SK Chairman, Mark D. Toribio
Businesses in Sangali, Zamboanga City
The population is fast increasing because more people migrate to Sangali because of job opportunities from canning factories situated at Sangali Fishing Port. Other migrants work at Western Mindanao Power Corporation and others at the National Power Corporation. Thirteen (13) dried fish processing areas (bularan) and four (4) shipyards are found along the shores were laborers from other places work.
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Sangali, you can list that property for FREE HERE.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Religions in Sangali, Zamboanga City
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
- St. Joseph the Worker Parish - (Founded: 1992)
Roman Catholic is the predominant religion followed by Islam and the Protestants. Reflective of Barangay religious characteristics, the residents of Sangali in Sitio Daap celebrate its fiesta on 4th Saturday of April; Sitio Cania on the 3rd Sunday of March; and Sitio Siguinan on the 22nd of June.
Schools in Sangali, Zamboanga City
- Sangali Elementary School
- Sangali National High School
Economy of Sangali, Zamboanga City
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Sangali you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Sangali, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
- The economy of Sangali is improving as of 2011 ONB Bank established a branch in the center of the barangay.
Tourists Attractions of Sangali, Zamboanga City
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Sangali. This will help boost the local economy of Sangali. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Sangali landmarks here.
- Places to see in Sangali:
Fiestas and Traditions of Sangali, Zamboanga City
Barangay Fiesta: every 1st of May, in honor of their patron saint St. Joseph, the Worker
Your Story about Sangali, Zamboanga City
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
The oldest man or woman in Sangali, Zamboanga City
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Sangali? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Brngy. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Sangali, Zamboanga City
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Sangali? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Sangali? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Sangali.
Families of Sangali, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Sangali.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE
Sangali, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Sangali Photo Gallery
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Sangali.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Sangali Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Sangali Zamboanga City Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.