San Pablo City, Laguna, Philippines
List of Barangays in San Pablo City in the Laguna Province within Region 4-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Atisan | Bagong Bayan II-A | Bagong Pook VI-C | Barangay I-A | Barangay I-B | Barangay II-A | Barangay II-B | Barangay II-C | Barangay II-D | Barangay II-E | Barangay II-F | Barangay III-A | Barangay III-B | Barangay III-C | Barangay III-D | Barangay III-E | Barangay III-F | Barangay IV-A | Barangay IV-B | Barangay IV-C | Barangay V-A | Barangay V-B | Barangay V-C | Barangay V-D | Barangay VI-A | Barangay VI-B | Barangay VI-D | Barangay VI-E | Barangay VII-A | Barangay VII-B | Barangay VII-C | Barangay VII-D | Barangay VII-E | Bautista | Concepcion | Del Remedio | Dolores | San Antonio 1 | San Antonio 2 | San Bartolome | San Buenaventura | San Crispin | San Cristobal | San Diego | San Francisco | San Gabriel | San Gregorio | San Ignacio | San Isidro | San Joaquin | San Jose | San Juan | San Lorenzo | San Lucas 1 | San Lucas 2 | San Marcos | San Mateo | San Miguel | San Nicolas | San Pedro | San Rafael | San Roque | San Vicente | Santa Ana | Santa Catalina | Santa Cruz | Santa Elena | Santa Felomina | Santa Isabel | Santa Maria | Santa Maria Magdalena | Santa Monica | Santa Veronica | Santiago I | Santiago II | Santisimo Rosario | Santo Angel | Santo Cristo | Santo Niño | Soledad
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Laguna Province within Region IV-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Alaminos || Bay || Calauan || Cavinti || Famy || Kalayaan || Liliw || Los Baños || Luisiana || Lumban || Mabitac || Magdalena || Majayjay || Nagcarlan || Paete || Pagsanjan || Pakil || Pangil || Pila || Rizal || San Pedro || Santa Cruz (Capital) || Santa Maria || Siniloan || Victoria
Cities in the province of Laguna: Biñan || Cabuyao || Calamba City || San Pablo City || Santa Rosa City
The Seal of San Pablo City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of San Pablo City, Laguna|
San Pablo City, Laguna
Laguna Province within The Philippines
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
|City Hall of San Pablo City|
Please Upload Picture
Geography of San Pablo City, Philippines
Geography of San Pablo City
Location of San Pablo City, Philippines
- 14.0667° N, 121.3333° E - San Pablo, Laguna, Coordinates
San Pablo City is the southernmost community of the province of Laguna. It borders the province of Quezon to the south. The municipalities of Rizal and Nagcarlan borders the Eastern side. The municipality of Alaminos borders the west side and Calauan borders the north side.
History of San Pablo City, Philippines
- source: LGU of San Pablo City
San Pablo City’s earliest historical record dates back to pre-Spanish times when four large barrios bounded by Mt. Makiling composed “Sampalok“. In 1521, the first Spanish troops under Captain Juan de Salcedo arrived in the upland village of Sampaloc, which became a parish in 1586, and then a municipality in 1647, and was renamed “San Pablo de Los Montes” in honor of Saint Paul the First Hermit. In 1756 it was placed under the jurisdiction of Batangas Province but was returned in 1883 to Laguna. In 1899, a municipal government was established, with Innocente Martinez as Municipal President. Marcos Paulino was elected Municipal President in 1902 when the civil government was set up. From 1926 to 1940, the people of San Pablo worked for its independence from the province of Laguna. On May 7, 1940, the Charter Bill sponsored by Congressman Tomas Dizon was approved. The bill became known as the City Charter of San Pablo or Commonwealth Act No. 520. The city was inaugurated on March 30, 1941, with Dr. Potenciano Malvar as the appointed city mayor. Currently, Vicente “Vic” Amante is the mayor together with Frederick Martin A. Ilagan as the vice-mayor of the city until 2010.
Historical Milestones and Development
- source: wikipedia
- 1571 - Arrival of Spanish troops under Captain Juan de Salcedo in the village of Sampalok (Sampaloc).
- 1586 - Sampalok (Sampaloc) was converted into a parish.
- 1647 - Sampalok (Sampaloc) was converted to a municipality and renamed "San Pablo de los Montes". Bartolome Maghayon, the first governadorcillo
- 1734 - San Pablo parish was under the control of the Franciscans.
- 1756 - Placed under the jurisdiction of Batangas Province.
- 1883 - Returned to Laguna Province.
- 1902 - Innocentes Martinez, first appointed municipal president and Don Marcos Paulino was elected first municipal president under American Period.
- 1940 - Approval of Commonwealth (Act) 520 or Charter of the City of San Pablo with Dr. Potenciano Malvar as first appointed city mayor.
- 1955 - Installed its first elected city mayor Cipriano B. Colago.
- Middle of 1900th century - Marked the beginning era of the mucipality to a first class city in Laguna characterized by many commercial developments and nature developments of numerous areas. Its conversion to resorts and recreation places, both for local and international tourism.
People of San Pablo City, Philippines
Total Population of San Pablo City
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of San Pablo City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of San Pablo City: AMANTE, LORETO - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- Vice-Mayor of San Pablo City: Angelita Erasmo Yang - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- Councilors of San Pablo City:
- COLAGO, JUSTIN (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 47737 6.87%
- ADAJAR, EDGARDO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 46122 6.64%
- DIAZ, RONDEL (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 43677 6.28%
- GALICIA, GALI (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 41745 6.01%
- BIGLETE, JOJO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 41323 5.95%
- DIZON, ED (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 38532 5.54%
- TICZON, ARNEL (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 36588 5.26%
- CALATRABA, NAP (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 31914 4.59%
- PAVICO, LC (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 31102 4.48%
- SEE, FERNANDO INDEPENDENT 25803 3.71%
- Elected officials of San Pablo City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of San Pablo City: Vicente Belen Amante
- Vice-Mayor of San Pablo City: Angelita Erasmo Yang
- Councilors of San Pablo City:
Barangay Elected Officials of San Pablo City, Laguna
Businesses in San Pablo City, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in San Pablo City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in San Pablo City, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in San Pablo City, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in San Pablo City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of San Pablo City, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of San Pablo City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of San Pablo City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within San Pablo City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in San Pablo City" page.
Natural Resources of San Pablo City, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of San Pablo City, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of San Pablo City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of San Pablo City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the San Pablo City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of San Pablo City, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of San Pablo City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Prince and Grand Master of Sovereign Order of Malta Fra’ Matthew Festing to undertake official visit to the PH
- Sunday, March 1, 2015
- MANILA, March 1 -- The Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta (short: Sovereign Order of Malta), Fra’ Matthew Festing, will undertake an Official Visit to the Philippines from March 01 to 07, the Department of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
- This visit will affirm the commitment of the Philippines and SOM in further strengthening bilateral relations at the highest level, especially as this year marks the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the Philippines and SOM ........................ Full Story»
- PH, France climate change initiative lauded
- Saturday, February 28, 2015
- QUEZON CITY, Feb. 28 -- Environment Secretary Ramon J.P. Paje described as “a step in the right direction” the joint efforts by the Philippines and France to raise global awareness on the urgent need to take bold action against climate change and address its impacts.
- In his two-day visit to the country, French President Francois Hollande launched with President Benigno Aquino III the Manila Call to Action on Climate Change and urged other nations to act now to stop the devastating effects of climate change ........................ Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Soguilon stamps mark anew in DPS-PSL swimming meet
- Sunday, March 1, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Female Swimmer of the Year Kyla Soguilon of Aklan and Sean Elijah Enero of Cavite proved too much against their respective counterparts as they broke records in the 73rd Philippine Swimming League (PSL)-Diliman Preparatory School (DPS) Leg Series on Saturday at the DPS swimming pool in Quezon City.
- Soguilon, who was recently awarded the Milo Junior Athlete of the Year and Tony Siddayao plums in the Philippine Sportswriters Association Annual Awards Night, bagged the girls’ 10 years 200-meter individual medley gold in one minute, 18.03 seconds to erase her old 1:22.02 mark. She also broke the 50m freestyle mark in 31.50 seconds previously owned by Chloe Anne Fabic (31.81) ................................. Full Story»
Your Story about San Pablo City, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
San Pablo City, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for San Pablo City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:San Pablo City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Laguna, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[San Pablo City, Laguna, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.