Cavite City, Cavite, Philippines
Barangays of Cavite City, in the Cavite Province, Philippines
Barangay 1 M. Alvarez • Barangay 2 C. Tirona • Barangay 3 E. Aguinaldo • Barangay 4 M. Trias • Barangay 5 E. Evangelista • Barangay 6 Diego Silang • Barangay 7 Kapitan Kong • Barangay 8 Manuel S. Rojas • Barangay 9 Kanaway • Barangay 10 Kingfisher • Barangay 10-A Kingfisher-A • Barangay 10-B Kingfisher-B • Barangay 11 Lawin • Barangay 12 Love Bird • Barangay 13 Aguila • Barangay 14 Loro • Barangay 15 Kilyawan • Barangay 16 Martines • Barangay 17 Kalapati • Barangay 18 Maya • Barangay 19 Gemini • Barangay 20 Virgo • Barangay 21 Scorpio • Barangay 22 Leo • Barangay 22-A Leo A • Barangay 23 Aquarius • Barangay 24 Libra • Barangay 25 Capricorn • Barangay 26 Cancer • Barangay 27 Sagitarius • Barangay 28 Taurus • Barangay 29 Lao-lao • Barangay 29-A Lao-lao A • Barangay 30 Bid-bid • Barangay 31 Maya-maya • Barangay 32 Salay-salay • Barangay 33 Buwan-buwan • Barangay 34 Lapu-lapu • Barangay 35 Hasa-hasa • Barangay 36 Sap-sap • Barangay 36-A Sap-sap A • Barangay 37 Cadena De Amor • Barangay 37-A Cadena de Amor A • Barangay 38 Sampaguita • Barangay 38-A Sampaguita A • Barangay 39 Jasmin • Barangay 40 Gumamela • Barangay 41 Rosal • Barangay 42 Pinagbuklod • Barangay 42-A Pinagbuklod A • Barangay 42-B Pinagbuklod B • Barangay 42-C Pinagbuklod C • Barangay 43 Pinagpala • Barangay 44 Maligaya • Barangay 45 Kaunlaran • Barangay 45-A Kaunlaran A • Barangay 46 Sinagtala • Barangay 47 Pagkakaisa • Barangay 47-A Pagkakaisa A • Barangay 47-B Pagkakaisa B • Barangay 48 Narra • Barangay 48-A Narra A • Barangay 49 Akasya • Barangay 49-A Akasya A • Barangay 50 Kabalyero • Barangay 51 Kamagong • Barangay 52 Ipil • Barangay 53 Yakal • Barangay 53-A Yakal A • Barangay 53-B Yakal B • Barangay 54 Pechay • Barangay 54-A Pechay A • Barangay 55 Ampalaya • Barangay 56 Labanos • Barangay 57 Repolyo • Barangay 58 Patola • Barangay 58-A Patola A • Barangay 59 Sitaw • Barangay 60 Letsugas • Barangay 61 Talong • Barangay 61-A Talong A • Barangay 62 Kangkong • Barangay 62-A Kangkong A • Barangay 62-B Kangkong B
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Cavite Province within Region IV-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Alfonso | Amadeo | Carmona | Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo | Gen. Mariano Alvarez | General Trias | Indang | Kawit | Magallanes | Maragondon | Mendez | Naic | Noveleta | Rosario | Silang | Tanza | Ternate
Cities in the Province of Cavite: Bacoor City | Cavite City | Dasmariñas City | Imus City | Tagaytay City | Trece Martires City (Capital)
Seal of Cavite City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Cavite City|
Cavite City Map Locator
The Province of Cavite within the Philippines
Heroes Arch Cavite City
Aerial View of Cavite City
- Cavite City has a total of 84 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Cavite City as of (2010) = 62,020
- Cavite City is in the "1st" Voting Congressional District of Cavite.
- Population of Cavite City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 104,581
- Land Area of Cavite City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 1,089
- Cavite City is a 4th class Component City and Urban.
- Cavite City is in the Cavite province and within Region IV-A – Calabarzon Region in the island of luzon
Geography of Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
Cavite City Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 1,089
Location of Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
History of Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
- article from the LGU of Cavite City.
Linked to a narrow strip of land, the name Cavite came from the Tagalog word "Kabit" which means joined or connected. Another story claims that Cavite came from the word "Kalawit" of "hook" because it is shaped like a hook.
The city is believed to have been a part of the municipality of Kawit. The place that is now called Cavite City used to be the trading center for the natives and chinese merchants as early as 932 A.D. due to its strategic position and extensive coastline.
Cavite City ws called "Puerto de Cavite" (Port of Cavite)", during the early part of the Spanish rule, being a port of entry and departure for Spanish and foreign ships. The most significant event in Cavite City's history was the execution of three Filipino priests -Mariano Gomez, Jose Burgos, and Jacinto Zamora after having been falsely implicated in the Cavite Mutiny of January 20, 1872.
The area was utilized, in 1898. as a naval base by the US Naval Forces supervised by Americans while the region was governed by Filipino "Presidente Municipales". The Philippe Commission united the three pueblos of Cavite Puerto, San Roque and Caridad, in 1903, to create the Municipality of Cavite. The area was further enlarged to include the district of San Antonio and the island of Corregidor.
Cavite bacame the capital of the province by an act of the First Philippine Assembly. Congress subsequently, passed, in 1945, Republic Act No. 981 transferring the provincial capital to Trece Martires City.
The municipality of Cavite was converted into a chartedred city by virtue of Commonwealth Act No. 547 of 1990.
People of Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
- Cavite City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 104,581
- Cavite City Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 63,878
- The dialect Chabacano was widespread in Cavite City, but currently the number of people speaking the dialect has dwindled.
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Government Officials of Cavite City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Cavite City: PAREDES, TOTIE (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS
- Vice-Mayor of Cavite City: CONSIGO, PENCHIE (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS
- Councilors of Cavite City
- CHUA, DENVER (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 27033 7.78%
- ENRIQUEZ, ROMEL (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 22725 6.54%
- LU, MIKE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 22382 6.44%
- RUSIT, BENZEN RALEIGH (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 21979 6.32%
- NOVERO, JUN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 21658 6.23%
- NUGUID, JAMES (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 20901 6.01%
- BARRERA, JET (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 19103 5.50%
- MUPAS, MARK (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 17707 5.09%
- ALVAREZ, RIC (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 17603 5.06%
- CRAWFORD, LARRY (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 16530 4.76%
- Elected Government Officials of Cavite City for the term of 2007-2010
Barangay Elected Officials of Cavite City, Cavite
Businesses in Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Cavite City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Cavite City
- Cavite City Realty
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Cavite City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 High Schools in Cavite City
- Cavite National High School
- Cavite City, Cavite, Philippines
- Columbia Polytechnic Institute
- Cavite City, Cavite, Philippines
- Gospel Light Christian Academy
- Cavite City, Cavite, Philippines
Colleges in Cavite City
- Cavite State University
- Pulo II, Cavite City
- Saint Joseph College
- Plaridel Street
- San Roque, Cavite City
- San Sebastian College
- Manila-Cavite Blvd., Cavite City
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Cavite City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Cavite City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Cavite City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Cavite City" page.
Natural Resources of Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Cavite City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Cavite City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Cavite City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Cavite City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- President Aquino joins world leaders in mourning death of Nelson Mandela
- Saturday, December 7, 2013
- MANILA, Dec. 7 -- President Benigno S. Aquino III joined the world leaders in mourning the death of former South Africa President Nelson Mandela saying he was an exemplar of conscientious resistance to racism and exponent of reconciliation founded on justice.
- "On behalf of the entire Filipino people, I extend our deepest condolences to the family of Mr. Mandela, the people of South Africa, and all men and women of peace and goodwill who mourn the passing of a truly great man," the Chief Executive said in a statement issued on Friday.........Full Story»
- Philippine end-Nov forex reserves at 10-month high
- Friday, December 6, 2013 5:39 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Gross international reserves jumped to a 10-month high to $84.025 billion in November, data from the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas showed.
- "The increase in reserves was due mainly to foreign exchange operations and income from investments of the BSP as well as foreign currency deposits by the Treasurer of the Philippines," the BSP said in a statement.........Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
Sports News of Cavite City, Cavite, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Cavite City? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Cavite City? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Cavite City.
- Myanmar Games unfolds Wednesday: Wushu artists open Phl SEAG mission
- Saturday, December 7, 2013 12:00 am
- NAYPYITAW – The wushu experts, missing the services of Filipino ultimate fighter Eduard Folayang, begin the war of attrition in the martial arts, now the main battleground where Filipinos hope to win majority of a projected 25-gold medal haul at the start of wushu competitions today, four days before the formal opening rites of the 27th Southeast Asian Games here.
- LJessie Aligaga, gold medalist in the 2012 Sanda (Sanshou) Wushu World Cup and silver medalist in the 2013 World Wushu Championships, guns for the gold in the 48kg category of the sanshou (combat) events. Divine Wally, silver medalist in last year’s Asian Junior Championships, fights in the distaff side in the same division of the wushu competitions at the Theikdi Indoor Stadium in the new city of Naypyitaw, main hub of the 12-day, 11-nation biennial conclave...............Full Story»
Your Story about Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
Tell your story about Cavite City. You can talk about the good things in Cavite City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Cavite City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Cavite City? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Cavite City, Cavite, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Cavite City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Cavite City, Province of Cavite, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cavite, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Cavite City, Cavite, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.