Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
Barangays of Toledo City, in the Cebu Province within Region 7 in the Republic of The Philippines
Awihao | Bagakay | Bato | Biga | Bulongan | Bunga | Cabitoonan | Calongcalong | Cambang-ug | Camp 8 | Canlumampao | Cantabaco | Capitan Claudio | Carmen | Daanglungsod | Don Andres Soriano | Dumlog | Gen. Climaco | Ibo | Ilihan | Juan Climaco Sr. | Landahan | Loay | Luray II | Matab-ang | Media Once | Pangamihan | Poblacion | Poog | Putingbato | Sagay | Sam-ang | Sangi | Santo Niño | Subayon | Talavera | Tungkay | Tubod |
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Cebu Province within Region VII in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara • Alcoy • Alegria • Aloguinsan • Argao • Asturias • Badian • Balamban • Bantayan • Barili • Boljoon • Borbon • Carmen • Catmon • Compostela • Consolacion • Cordova • Daanbantayan • Dalaguete • Dumanjug • Ginatilan • Liloan • Madridejos • Malabuyoc • Medellin • Minglanilla • Moalboal • Oslob • Pilar • Pinamungahan • Poro • Ronda • Samboan • San Fernando • San Francisco • San Remigio • Santa Fe • Santander • Sibonga • Sogod • Tabogon • Tabuelan • Tuburan • Tudela
*Cities in the Province of Cebu: Bogo City • Carcar City • Cebu City • Danao City • Lapu-Lapu City • Mandaue City • Naga City • Talisay City • Toledo City
Seal of Toledo City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Toledo City|
Toledo City within the Cebu Province
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
Toledo City Hall
Please upload Picture
- Toledo City has a total of 38 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Toledo City as of (2010) = 88,086
- Population of Toledo City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 152,960
- Land Area of Toledo City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 21,628
- Toledo City is a 3rd class Component City and Partially Urban.
- Toledo City is in the Cebu province and within Region VII-Central Visayas.
Location of Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
History of Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
Toledo City came from Old Hinulawan and New Hinulawan.
Old Hinulawan, presently called Daanglungsod, was founded by Mariano Libre, Fulgencio Lebumfacil, Areston Macapaz, Adriano Blanco, and Tranquilino Blanco.
New Hinulawan, presently called Toledo (on the present site), was founded by Fermin Poloyapoy, Máximo Macapobre, Jacinto López, Jestoni P. Estrada,Servando de Jesus, Juan Libre, Agapito Nieves, Francisco Blanco, and Francisco Rodriguez.
People of Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
- Total Population of Toledo City (as of Aug 1, 2007) per Census= 152,960
- Toledo City total Registered Voters as of (2010) per COMELEC= 101,713
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Toledo City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Toledo City: OSMEÑA, JOHN HENRY - INDEPENDENT
- Vice-Mayor of Toledo City: YAPHA, ANTONIO JR. - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Toledo City:
- PEPITO, KUYA NICK (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 24028 7.65%
- PERALES, JOIE (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 19006 6.05%
- RAFOLS, RICARDO JR. INDEPENDENT 18498 5.89%
- ABAD, MERLY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 17015 5.42%
- ABELLANOSA, SOLLY INDEPENDENT 16628 5.29%
- DOLINO, LEO (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 16609 5.29%
- BORJA, JUN-JUN (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 16372 5.21%
- CABURNAY, ROLLY (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 16370 5.21%
- ESPINOSA, LOUIE (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 16009 5.10%
- LARGO, TERESITO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 15979 5.09%
- Elected officials of Toledo City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Aurelio Plaza Espinosa
- Vice-Mayor: Arlene Espinosa Zambo
- Elected officials of Toledo City for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Arlene Espinosa Zambo
- Vice-Mayor: Aurelio Plaza Espinosa
Barangays Elected Officials of Toledo City, Cebu
Businesses in Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Toledo City. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Toledo City
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in Toledo City
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Days Hotel Toledo, Poblacion, Toledo City
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Toledo City
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate or Properties for Sale in Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Toledo City, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Toledo City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Toledo City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Toledo City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Toledo City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Toledo City" page.
Natural Resources of Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Toledo City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Toledo City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Toledo City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Toledo City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Index hurdles 6,500-mark to hit 4-month high
- Friday, March 7, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The strong performance of local companies and less anxieties over Ukraine pushed the main stock index to a four-month high yesterday.
- The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index jumped 0.94 percent or 60.68 points to 6,516.82, its best closing since ending at 6,519.58 on Nov. 5. The broader All Shares index gained 0.75 percent or 29.15 points to 3,910.63 ..................... Full Story»
- Philippine economy seen to grow 6.8% this year
- Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:17 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine economy is expected to expand by 6.8 percent this year as the country reels from the disaster wrought by typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda), the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) said in its quarterly South East Asia Economic Insight.
- ICAEW said 2014 will see stronger growth in investment and government spending in the Philippines as the developing nation recovers from the devastation wrought by typhoon Haiyan. The organization expects the country's gross domestic product (GDP) to expand by 5.3 percent in 2015 and 5 percent in 2016 ..................... Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Superbikes champ cops Golden Wheel top driver title
- Friday, March 7, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Superbikes champion Tadahito Watanabe bested three former winners to clinch the 2013 Golden Wheel Driver of the Year award in the 11th Golden Wheel Awards Night at the Samsung Hall of SM Aura in Fort Bonifacio Global City Taguig City recently.
- Watanabe’s victory proved to be a surprise but well-lauded by the Philippine Motorsports community, which expected the top plum to go to any of the three previous Golden Wheel Driver of the Year winners, including GT champion Jody Coseteng, drag racing titlist Jonathan Tiu or Motocross winner Glenn Aguilar .................... Full Story»
Your Story about Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines
Tell your story about Toledo City. You can talk about the good things in Toledo City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Toledo City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Toledo City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Toledo City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Toledo City, Cebu, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.