Daanbantayan Cebu Philippines
Barangays of Daanbantayan in the Cebu Province within Region 7 in the Republic of the Philippines
Aguho • Bagay • Bakhawan • Bateria • Bitoon • Calape • Carnaza • Dalingding • Lanao • Logon • Malbago • Malingin • Maya • Pajo • Paypay • Poblacion • Talisay • Tapilon • Tinubdan • Tominjao
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities (44) in the Cebu Province within Region VII in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara • Alcoy • Alegria • Aloguinsan • Argao • Asturias • Badian • Balamban • Bantayan • Barili • Boljoon • Borbon • Carmen • Catmon • Compostela • Consolacion • Cordova • Daanbantayan • Dalaguete • Dumanjug • Ginatilan • Liloan • Madridejos • Malabuyoc • Medellin • Minglanilla • Moalboal • Oslob • Pilar • Pinamungahan • Poro • Ronda • Samboan • San Fernando • San Francisco • San Remigio • Santa Fe • Santander • Sibonga • Sogod • Tabogon • Tabuelan • Tuburan • Tudela
*Cities (9) in the Province of Cebu: Bogo City • Carcar City • Cebu City • Danao City • Lapu-Lapu City • Mandaue City • Naga City • Talisay City • Toledo City
Seal of the Municipality of Daanbantayan
Please Upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines|
Daanbantayan Cebu Map Locator
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
Municipality Hall of Daanbantayan
Please Upload Picture
- Daanbantayan has a total of 20 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Daanbantayan as of (2010) = 43,017
- Population of Daanbantayan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 73,254
- Land Area of Daanbantayan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 9,227
- Daanbantayan is a 1st class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Daanbantayan is in the Cebu province and within Region VII-Central Visayas.
Geography of Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
- Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 9,227
Location of Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
Located at the northernmost tip of the Province of Cebu, the Municipality of Daanbantayan as of December 3, 2008 is now a 1st class municipality composed of 20 barangays (2 island, 13 coastal and 5 inland) with a total land area of 10,455 hectares. It has a population of 78,452 as of profile year, whose main source of livelihood is farming and fishing, owing to its mostly agricultural and coastal areas. It is 128 kilometers from Cebu City, with about 3-4 hours travel time.
History of Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
- article verbatim from the LGU of Daanbantayan
The town was formerly known as Kandaya – from the name of the leader of the first Malayan settler, Datu Daya. Kandaya was changed to Daanbantayan when the area was recognized as a municipality.
Daanbantayan was originally a visayan term for an old watchtower located in Brgy. Tapilon, which used to serve as a lookout for Moros marauding the coastal towns in the Visayas during the early Spanish times.
There are no definite records to indicate the exact year of the founding of the town of Daanbantayan. However, from the book called “Reseñas Historicas de los Dioceses de Cebu” published in the year 1886 it is mentioned that a certain priest, Rev. Juan Protacio Gallares, had been doing periodic inspection in the parish of Daanbantayan. The parish was inaugurated on August 10, 1858. Due to the fact that during the Spanish regime, the church and the state were more or less one in essence, it is logically assumed by many that the establishment of the town was made to coincide with the date of the inauguration of the parish.
People of Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
- Registered Voters per COMELEC as of (2010)= 48,654
- Population(as of Aug 1, 2007 census)= 73,254
Local Government Unit LGU of Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Government Officials of Daanbantayan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Daanbantayan: CORRO, AUGUSTO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Daanbantayan: ARRABIS, GILBERT JR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Daanbantayan:
- DE LEON, CHONA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 16316 8.10%
- ABUCAY, ZENAIDA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 15813 7.85%
- TANCAWAN, BREGITTE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 14761 7.33%
- PEPITO, MARYLOU (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 14530 7.21%
- MORALDE, SAMUEL (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 14296 7.10%
- YBAÑEZ, JUANITO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 13990 6.95%
- ROSELL, JUPITER (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 13947 6.92%
- LUCHE, MARK ANTHONY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 13803 6.85%
- Elected Government Officials of Daanbantayan for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor of Daanbantayan:
- Vice-Mayor of Daanbantayan:
- Councilors of Daanbantayan:
Barangays Elected Officials of Daanbantayan, Cebu
Businesses in Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Daanbantayan.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Daanbantayan
- Daanbantayan Cebu Realty
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate or Properties for Sale in Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Daanbantayan, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your school in Daanbantayan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Daanbantayan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Daanbantayan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Daanbantayan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Daanbantayan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Daanbantayan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Daanbantayan.
Your Story about Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines
Tell your story about Daanbantayan. You can talk about the good things in Daanbantayan or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Daanbantayan. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Daanbantayan, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Daanbantayan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Daanbantayan Cebu Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Daanbantayan Cebu Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.