Liloan Cebu Philippines
Barangays of Liloan in the Cebu Province within Region 7 in the Republic of the Philippines
Cabadiangan • Calero • Catarman • Cotcot • Jubay • Lataban • Mulao • Poblacion • San Roque • San Vicente • Santa Cruz • Tabla • Tayud • Yati
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Cebu Province within Region VII in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara • Alcoy • Alegria • Aloguinsan • Argao • Asturias • Badian • Balamban • Bantayan • Barili • Boljoon • Borbon • Carmen • Catmon • Compostela • Consolacion • Cordova • Daanbantayan • Dalaguete • Dumanjug • Ginatilan • Liloan • Madridejos • Malabuyoc • Medellin • Minglanilla • Moalboal • Oslob • Pilar • Pinamungahan • Poro • Ronda • Samboan • San Fernando • San Francisco • San Remigio • Santa Fe • Santander • Sibonga • Sogod • Tabogon • Tabuelan • Tuburan • Tudela
*Cities in the Province of Cebu: Bogo City • Carcar City • Cebu City • Danao City • Lapu-Lapu City • Mandaue City • Naga City • Talisay City • Toledo City
Seal of the Municipality of Liloan
Please Upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines|
Liloan Cebu Map Locator
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
Municipality Hall of Liloan
Please Upload Picture
- Liloan has a total of 14 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Liloan as of (2010) = 45,344
- Population of Liloan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 92,181
- Land Area of Liloan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 4,592
- Liloan is a 1st class Municipality and Urban.
- Liloan is in the Cebu province and within Region VII-Central Visayas.
Geography of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
- Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 4,592
Location of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
History of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
- article copied verbatim from: www.liloan.gov.ph/
Long before other towns were “discovered” as tourist spots, Lilo-an was already known for its scenic, pristine beaches and as a resort town, a favorite place for sea bathing. Along its coastline, there is a spot called Silot. Here, bathers are cautioned not to swim to a certain point because of a whirlpool caused by the ebb and tide of the waters which flow from an inland lake. This phenomenon is called “lilo” in Cebuano. Because of this, the town was known as Lilo-an, a place where there is lilo.
In Lilo-an, there is one structure whose builder looked and saw beyond his day, the San Fernando Rey Parish which dates back to 1847. One unusual detail about the Church in Lilo-an is that it faces the mountains to the West, whereas most churches face the sea to the East. Some have theorized that this is because mass is often performed in the morning, and the church is thus shielded from the morning sun, making it less hot and uncomfortable. Others have speculated that the church's direction has a symbolic significance related to church rites. One of the best known landmarks in Lilo-an is its historic lighthouse at Bagacay Point. The original lighthouse was built in 1857 by the Spanish. However, the current tower was constructed in 1904 by order of William Howard Taft, the first Governor-General of the Philippines and later the President of the United States. The tower is 72 feet tall and remains in active use today. The Parola was built in 1904 on top of a hill in Catarman, Lilo-an. The place also gives a beautiful view of the sea.
Lilo-an is home of the famous delicacy known both domestically and internationally, the Rosquillos. The making of these little ringlet cookies date back to April 3, 1907, when the 21-year-old Margarita “Titay” Frasco was tinkering in her kitchen with her baking ingredients and made her new culinary creation. Rosquillos have become a household name, a product that is aptly celebrated in a festival that Lilo-an could call its very own. Titay’s Lilo-an Rosquillos, Inc. was founded in 1907 and had withstood the taste of the times in baking prowess. Liloan is also a home to a number of ceramics manufacturers. Their shops sell a variety of ceramics items - from ordinary plant pots, to bricks and exotic jars.
Lilo-an has also become a catchment area for migrants considering it is less than an hour away from major economic and industrial centers. Its rapidly growing population is being served by rural banks, telecommunication facilities, a college and 60 other educational facilities and training institutions, as well as small and medium businesses. Lilo-an is located 19 kilometers from the heart of Cebu and a first class municipality aiming to join the list of Philippines cities. With the construction of the North Coastal Road, a major road artery which cuts travel time to the north, Lilo-an is now even more accessible from the airport and seaports.
People of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
- Registered Voters per COMELEC as of (2010)= 50,265
- Population(as of Aug 1, 2007 census)= 92,181
Local Government Unit LGU of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Government Officials of Liloan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Liloan: FRASCO, DUKE (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- Vice-Mayor of Liloan: PILAPIL, DOC LITO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- Councilors of Liloan:
- CALA, EDNA (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 20315 7.69%
- JORDAN, THELMA (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 19810 7.50%
- JUMAPAO, COCOY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 19583 7.41%
- COMENDADOR, KIT (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 19244 7.28%
- LOPEZ, NELLY BERNARDO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 18851 7.13%
- CAÑETE, LOL (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 18770 7.10%
- SALUNDAGUIT, LEO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 17410 6.59%
- CAÑETE, VIDAL (1 CEBU) ONE CEBU 16861 6.38%
- Elected Government Officials of Liloan for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor of Liloan:
- Vice-Mayor of Liloan:
- Councilors of Liloan:
Barangays Elected Officials of Liloan, Cebu
Businesses in Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Liloan.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Liloan
- Liloan Cebu Realty
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate or Properties for Sale in Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Liloan, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your school in Liloan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Liloan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Liloan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Liloan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Liloan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Liloan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Liloan.
Your Story about Liloan, Cebu, Philippines
Tell your story about Liloan. You can talk about the good things in Liloan or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Liloan. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Liloan, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Liloan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Liloan Cebu Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Liloan Cebu Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.