Naga City, Philippines
Barangays of Naga City, in the Camarines Sur Province, within Region 5 in the Republic of The Philippines
Abella • Bagumbayan Norte • Bagumbayan Sur • Balatas • Calauag • Cararayan • Carolina • Concepcion Grande • Concepcion Pequeño • Dayangdang • Del Rosario • Dinaga • Igualdad Interior • Lerma • Liboton • Mabolo • Pacol • Panicuason • Peñafrancia • Sabang • San Felipe • San Francisco • San Isidro • Santa Cruz • Tabuco • Tinago • Triangulo
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- Naga City is in the Camarines Sur province and within Region_V in the southern island of Luzon - Bicol Region. Naga City is a 2nd class Independent Component City and Urban.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List Of Municipalities In The Camarines Sur Province within Region V in the Republic of The Philippines
Baao || Balatan || Bato || Bombon || Buhi || Bula || Cabusao || Calabanga || Camaligan || Canaman || Caramoan || Del Gallego || Gainza || Garchitorena || Goa || Lagonoy || Libmanan || Lupi || Magarao || Milaor || Minalabac || Nabua || Ocampo || Pamplona || Pasacao || Pili (Capital) || Presentacion || Ragay || Sagñay || San Fernando || San Jose || Sipocot || Siruma || Tigaon || Tinambac
Cities In The Province Of Camarines Sur: Iriga City || Naga City
Seal of Naga City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines|
Naga City Location Map
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Camarines Sur Province|
Camarines Sur Province within The Philippines
Naga City Hall
- Naga City has a total of 27 barangays
- Registered Voters of Naga City as of (2010) = 75,046
- Population of Naga City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 160,516
- Land Area of Naga City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 8,448
- Naga City is a 2nd class Independent Component City and Urban.
- Naga City is in the Camarines Sur province and within Region_V in the southern island of Luzon - Bicol Region
Geography of Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
Geography of Naga City
Location of Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
Naga City is located ....
How to Get to Naga City
- BY AIR: Naga City in Camarines Sur can be reached by plane through the Pili airport. Philippine Airlines and Asian Spirit flies from Manila to Pili daily. It takes one hour flying time to reach Camarines Sur.
- BY LAND: One can reach Naga City by bus or by train. The trip via Philippine National Railways (PNR) takes about 10 hours. Travelling by bus is via the scenic Pan-Philippine Highway. Air-conditioned coaches plying the Manila to Naga route leave the Araneta Center at 30 minutes intervals starting at about 4 p.m. thru 9:30 p.m. daily. For tourists coming from the Ermita Center, another set of air-conditioned buses, can take you through the same route to Naga. For the weary business traveler, arrive in tip-top shape, sleep thru the whole length of the ten-hour trip and for the starving passenger dine in style, your choices are enormous - a piping hot porridge, the delectable Filipino chicken "adobo", or the more cosmopolitan sandwiches. Which way you want it, the buses stop at designated restaurants that serve these kinds of food.
- BY SEA: Boats sail to offshore islands and coastal communities. There's a daily trip between Pasacao and San Pascual on Burias Island (Masbate). Boats sometimes cross from Cabcab (San Andres, Catanduanes) to Sabang, (Camarines Sur). A pleasant and interesting route between Daet (Camarines Norte) and Naga City is to sail across and down San Miguel Bay via Siruma.
History of Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
The beginning of Naga City
People of Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
Total Population of Naga City
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Naga City: John Garcia Bongat - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Naga City: LEGACION, NELSON - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Naga City:
- BORDADO, GABRIEL JR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 33057 8.99%
- DE ASIS, CECILIA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 31840 8.65%
- ABONAL, ESTEBAN III (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 28654 7.79%
- SERGIO, DAVID NATHAN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 28592 7.77%
- LAVADIA, MARIA ELIZABETH (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 27224 7.40%
- PEREZ, CHITO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 26724 7.26%
- BALDEMORO, ELMER (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 26174 7.11%
- RAQUID-ARROYO, MILA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 25766 7.00%
- TUASON, JOSE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 23872 6.49%
- RENTOY, RAY-AN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 22828 6.21%
- Elected officials of Naga City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Naga City: John Garcia Bongat
- Vice-Mayor of Naga City: Gabriel Hidalgo Bordado Jr.
Barangay Elected Officials of Naga City, Camarines Sur
Businesses in Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Naga City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Naga City
- Naga City Realty
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Naga City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Naga City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Naga City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Naga City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Naga City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Naga City" page.
Natural Resources of Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Naga City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Naga City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Naga City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Naga City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- P239-M in housing aid for Yolanda Victims released
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- MANILA, Dec. 11 -- Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad has released P238.6 million to the National Housing Authority (NHA) to support the Housing Materials Assistance (HOMA) to victims of Typhoon Yolanda under the agency’s Emergency Housing Assistance for Calamity Victims Program (EHACVP).
- The release—sourced from Budgetary Support to Government Corporations under the 2013 National Budget—is part of a larger P350-million rollout for the EHACVP, a nationwide program designed to respond to the permanent housing needs of low- and marginal-income families and informal settlers affected by calamities, including typhoons, landslides, earthquakes, and fires, DBM said in a statement.........Full Story»
- Exports up by 14%
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:39 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The country's merchandise exports expanded to 14 percent or $5.026 billion in October 2013 from the 6.1 percent or $4.410 billion recorded the previous year, the National Statistics Office (NSO) reported on Tuesday.
- "The positive growth was mainly brought by the increase of nine major commodities out of the top ten commodities for the month and these are: chemicals; machinery and transport Equipment; Other Mineral Products; Cathodes & Sections of Cathodes, of Refined Sugar; Other Manufactures; Articles of Apparel and Clothing Accessories; Ignition Wiring Set and Other Wiring Sets Used in Vehicles, Aircrafts and Ships; Other Electronics; Woodcrafts and Furniture; Electronic Products; and Metal Components," NSO noted.........Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Parantac caps wushu 3-gold haul
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013 12:00 am
- NAY PYI TAW – Daniel Parantac of the famed Apo Lakay team of Baguio claimed the third and last gold of the vaunted wushu team, providing the impetus for what could be a fight to the last man standing in the bloody wars of the martial arts as the 27th Southeast Asian Games fires off in formal opening rites at the vast Wunnam Theikdi main stadium today.
- Parantac, silver medalist in the duilian in partnership with John Keithly Chan and Norlene Ardee Catolico, won the two-in-one event with scores of 9.68 in the taijian (double-edged sword) and 9.70 in the taijiquan (slow, relaxed movements with powerful thrusts)...............Full Story»
Your Story about Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines
Tell your story about Naga City. You can talk about the good things in Naga City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Naga City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Naga City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Camarines Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Naga City, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.