Madridejos Cebu Philippines
Barangays of Madridejos in the Cebu Province within Region 7 in the Republic of the Philippines
Bunakan • Kangwayan • Kaongkod • Kodia • Maalat • Malbago • Mancilang • Pili • Poblacion • San Agustin • Tabagak • Talangnan • Tarong • Tugas
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities (44) in the Cebu Province within Region VII in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara • Alcoy • Alegria • Aloguinsan • Argao • Asturias • Badian • Balamban • Bantayan • Barili • Boljoon • Borbon • Carmen • Catmon • Compostela • Consolacion • Cordova • Daanbantayan • Dalaguete • Dumanjug • Ginatilan • Liloan • Madridejos • Malabuyoc • Medellin • Minglanilla • Moalboal • Oslob • Pilar • Pinamungahan • Poro • Ronda • Samboan • San Fernando • San Francisco • San Remigio • Santa Fe • Santander • Sibonga • Sogod • Tabogon • Tabuelan • Tuburan • Tudela
*Cities (9) in the Province of Cebu: Bogo City • Carcar City • Cebu City • Danao City • Lapu-Lapu City • Mandaue City • Naga City • Talisay City • Toledo City
Seal of the Municipality of Madridejos
Please Upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines|
Madridejos Cebu Map Locator
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
Municipality Hall of Madridejos
Please Upload Picture
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
- Madridejos has a total of 14 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Madridejos as of (2010) = 19,476
- Population of Madridejos (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 30,673
- Land Area of Madridejos (as of 2007, in hectares) = 2,395
- Madridejos is a 4th class Municipality and Urban.
- Madridejos is in the Cebu province and within Region VII-Central Visayas.
Geography of Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
- Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 2,395
Location of Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
History of Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
- article copied verbatim from: madridejoscebu.net76.net/brief.html
Lawis was the original name of Madridejos. In 1889 Father Juan Alcoseba, then curate of the place, proclaimed Lawis as Madridejos in honor of the of Archbishop Fray Benito de Madridejos of Spain. At the same time, he secured for its political status as a municipality. Later, however, Madridejos was twice annexed, at interval, to the Municipality of Bantayan due to its financial inability to maintain itself.
Long before the Spaniard came to the Philippines, Madridejos, like other places in the Philippines, had its own culture. It was predominantly Malayan, for our ancestors were Malay's who, inspired by the Spirit od adventure and independence, crossed the sea and settled in these islands. With them, they brought their culture, characterestics and idiosyncracies peculiar to their ancestors who inhabited the once proud Malayan Empire in Sumatra and Java.
History credits Lazaro Mangubat as the first to settle in this part of the Island of Bantayan. He was the founder of "LAWIS", meaning point to the sea. One of his achievements was the building of a Kota or Fort used as a refuge and to depend itself against the moro pirates who plundered towns along the sea coast of the Visayas. He also erected a church whose ruined walls and post can still be seen towering in the northern most part of the town.
The prominent men of Madridejos, such as Vicente Bacolod, Facundo Lawan, Pio Montano, Felix Almodiel, Roman Ungui and Estanislao Santillan, determined to make Madridejos independent from Bantayan, made vigorous efforts to severe the political ties between Lawis and Bantayan. Its efforts were successful and on January 2, 1917, Madridejos become a separate municipality.
Situated at the extreme north of the Island of Bantayan is the Municipality of Madridejos. It is on the point extending diametrically into the Visayan Sea and occupying a very strategic position for fishing industry. Its surrounding water are deep, generally tranquil, and rich as breeding places for millions of Sardines and other kinds of Fish.
The public Archives of Madridejos do not have historical records. In their absence, we have to rely on tradition that had been handed by words of mouth from generation to another.
When modern fishing operators came to Madridejos in 1895, they found the place just in its embryonic business stage of development. Its small population barely existed on what they could produce from their small, crude farming. There was hardly any means of transportation to speak of. The municipality could hardly stand on its feet because its revenue was unstable and uncertain.
Thick weeds grew all over, there were few buildings and streets were unclean, but as pioneers of the fishing industry started to introduce their fishinf outfits around Madridejos, the town started to wake up form its long sleep, like a rejuvenated patient recovering from its long, lingering sickness. In a brief span of time, the town was transformed into a regular Municipality with many big modern buildings; clean and wide streets thronged with thousands of people, bright illuminations with fluorescent lamps along the streets; sari-sari stores, tailoring establishment; furniture stores; welding shops; photo shops; carenderias and lodging houses.
The fishing industry of Madridejos employs several thousands of men and women who receive thousands of pesos in wages. This money is spent around and thus increase the volume of money circulation and business prosperity of Madridejos never witnessed before in all its history. It is fishing industry that gains for Madridejos the name, "Little Alaska of the Philippines."
People of Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
- Registered Voters per COMELEC as of (2010)= 21,799
- Population(as of Aug 1, 2007 census)= 30,673
Local Government Unit LGU of Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Government Officials of Madridejos for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Madridejos: DELA FUENTE, SALVADOR (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Madridejos: BATAYOLA, FLORETO (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Councilors of Madridejos:
- VILLACRUCIS, VINCENT (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 9541 10.40%
- DARUCA, OWEN (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 9162 9.99%
- OLINGAY, STEPHEN (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 8341 9.09%
- DORIMON, DOROTEO (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 8173 8.91%
- COMPRA, BERNABE SR. (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 8088 8.82%
- VILLACARLOS, ARLEEN (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 7714 8.41%
- CARANZO, JERRY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 7678 8.37%
- RIVERA, RICARDO (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 6891 7.51%
- Elected Government Officials of Madridejos for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor of Madridejos:
- Vice-Mayor of Madridejos:
- Councilors of Madridejos:
Barangays Elected Officials of Madridejos, Cebu
Businesses in Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale in Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Madridejos, you can list that property for fee.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Madridejos can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Madridejos you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Madridejos, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Madridejos in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Madridejos. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Madridejos landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Madridejos.
Your Story about Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
Madridejos, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015: LE Tour de Filipinas (LtDF) breaks decades of summer tradition but returns to a familiar and historic culminating stage as it holds its sixth edition in 2015, highlighting 60 years of the Tour in the country. From the traditional schedule that made the Tour the country’s summer sports spectacle on wheels for two generations, the 2015 LtDF kicks off February 1 and ends February 4 again atop the Cordilleras at the Burnham Park in Baguio City. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Madridejos.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[CategoryMadridejos Cebu Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Madridejos Cebu Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.