Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
Barangays of Mandaue City, in the Cebu Province within Region 7 in the Republic of the Philippines
Alang-alang | Bakilid | Banilad | Basak | Cabancalan | Cambaro | Canduman | Casili | Casuntingan | Centro | Cubacub | Guizo | Ibabao-Estancia | Jagobiao | Labogon | Looc | Maguikay | Mantuyong | Opao | Pakna-an | Pagsabungan | Subangdaku | Tabok | Tawason | Tingub | Tipolo | Umapad
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities (44) in the Cebu Province within Region VII in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara • Alcoy • Alegria • Aloguinsan • Argao • Asturias • Badian • Balamban • Bantayan • Barili • Boljoon • Borbon • Carmen • Catmon • Compostela • Consolacion • Cordova • Daanbantayan • Dalaguete • Dumanjug • Ginatilan • Liloan • Madridejos • Malabuyoc • Medellin • Minglanilla • Moalboal • Oslob • Pilar • Pinamungahan • Poro • Ronda • Samboan • San Fernando • San Francisco • San Remigio • Santa Fe • Santander • Sibonga • Sogod • Tabogon • Tabuelan • Tuburan • Tudela
*Cities (9) in the Province of Cebu: Bogo City • Carcar City • Cebu City • Danao City • Lapu-Lapu City • Mandaue City • Naga City • Talisay City • Toledo City
Seal of Mandaue City
Mandaue City Map Locator
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
City Hall of Mandaue City
City Hall of Mandaue City
City Hall of Mandaue City
- Mandaue City has a total of 27 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Mandaue City as of (2010) = 154,468
- Population of Mandaue City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 318,575
- Land Area of Mandaue City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 2,518
- Mandaue City is a 1st class City and Highly Urbanized.
- Mandaue City is in the Cebu province and within Region VII-Central Visayas.
Location of Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
History of Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
The beginning of Mandaue City
People of Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- Total Population of Mandaue City (as of Aug 1, 2007) per Census= 318,575
- Mandaue City total Registered Voters as of (2010) per COMELEC= 182,813
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Government Officials Of Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor Of Mandaue City: Jonas Cabungcal Cortes - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor Of Mandaue City: Glenn Ouano Bercede - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors Of Mandaue City:
- OUANO-DIZON, LOLYPOP (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 89985 10.06%
- CENIZA, JP (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 77135 8.63%
- SUICO, DIOSDADO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 75661 8.46%
- CABAHUG, INDAY-EDITH (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 74254 8.30%
- ANDAYA, BEETHOVEN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 71585 8.00%
- LAYESE, NENE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 70388 7.87%
- LUMAPAS, JIMMY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 69619 7.78%
- CORTES, JUN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 68496 7.66%
- DABON, TONY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 62479 6.99%
- BASIGA, BEN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 61319 6.86%
- Elected Government Officials Of Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines for the term of 2010-2013
- Editha Flores Cabahug
- Elstone Del Castillo Dabon
- Benjamin Homeres Basiga
- Emmarie Mabanag Ouano-Dizon
- Nenita Ceniza Layese
- Jimmy Cortes Lumapas
- Jose Jefferson Codoy Ceniza
- Demetrio, Jr. Cabungcal Cortes
- Beethoven Ceniza Andaya
- Diosdado Perez Suico
|MAYOR||Jonas Cabungcal Cortes||BONG|
|VICE-MAYOR||Carlo Pontico Cabahug Fortuna||CARLO|
|Alfonso Sanchez Albaño||DODONG BOY|
|Beethoven Ceniza Andaya||TOBEN|
|Victor Cortes Biaño||VIC|
|Ma. Noeleen Mirasol Borbajo||LEEN|
|Editha Flores Cabahug||INDAY EDITH|
|Jose Jefferson Codoy Ceniza||JP|
|Jimmy Cortes Lumapas||JIM|
|Emiliano Morata Rosal||TUBIG|
|Diosdado Perez Suico||DADDIE|
|Procopio Retuya Villanueva||COPOY|
Barangays Elected Officials of Mandaue City, Cebu
Businesses in Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Mandaue City. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Businesses in Mandaue City
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in Mandaue City
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Mandaue City
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Mandaue City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Mandaue City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Mandaue City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Mandaue City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Mandaue City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Mandaue City" page.
Natural Resources of Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Mandaue City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Mandaue City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Mandaue City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Mandaue City.
Your Story about Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
Tell your story about Mandaue City. You can talk about the good things in Mandaue City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Mandaue City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Among Asians, Filipinos trust US the most - survey
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:03 am
- MANILA, Philippines — The United States has an ally in the Philippines, where an overwhelming majority sees it favorably at 92 percent—the highest among surveyed Asian countries.
- Bruce Stokes, stated in a presentation delivered last weekend and posted online, cited a survey by US-based think tank Pew Research Center and noted that only 6 percent of Filipinos were found to have an "unfavorable" view of the US within the survey period ........................ Full Story»
- President Aquino to promote Philippine manufacturing sector in the US
- Monday, September 22, 2014
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, Sept. 22 -- President Benigno S. Aquino III will promote the country's manufacturing sector when he delivers messages at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University here in Massachusetts and at Columbia University in New York, Ambassador Jose Cuisia said.
- "As you know, we’re trying to promote the manufacturing sector," Ambassador Cuisia said in an interview here on Saturday (Boston time) ........................ Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Wushu bet Daniel Parantac gives PH first medal in Asian Games
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:35 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines finally barged into the medal tally of the 17th Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea with wushu bet Daniel Parantac bagging the silver medal in the men’s tajiquan event Tuesday.
- Parantac, a Southeast Asian gold medalist in the same event, wound up with a score of 9.68 — a close second to Zhouli Chen of China, who registered a 9.78 ............................. Full Story»
Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Mandaue City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Mandaue City, Cebu Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.