Guiwan Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco • Ayala • Baliwasan • Baluno • Boalan • Bolong • Buenavista • Bunguiao • Busay • Cabaluay • Cabatangan • Cacao • Calabasa • Calarian • Camino Nuevo • Campo Islam • Canelar • Capisan • Cawit • Culianan • Curuan • Daap • Dita • Divisoria • Dulian Bunguiao • Dulian Pasonanca • Guisao • Guiwan • Kasanyangan • La Paz • Labuan • Lamisahan • Landang Gua • Landang Laum • Lanzones • Lapakan • Latuan Curuan • Licomo • Limaong • Limpapa • Lubigan • Lumayang • Lumbangan • Lunzuran • Maasin • Malagutay • Mampang • Manalipa • Mangusu • Manicahan • Mariki • Mercedes • Muti • Pamucutan • Pangapuyan • Panubigan • Pasilmanta • Pasobolong • Pasonanca • Patalon • Putik • Quiniput • Recodo • Rio Hondo • Salaan • San Jose Cawa-Cawa • San Jose Gusu • San Ramon • San Roque • Sangali • Sibulao Curuan • Sinubong • Sinunuc • Sta. Barbara • Sta. Catalina • Sta. Maria • Sto. Niño • Tagasilay • Taguiti • Talabaan • Talisayan • Talon-Talon • Taluksangay • Tetuan • Tictapul • Tigbalabag • Tigtabon • Tolosa • Tugbungan • Tulungatung • Tumaga • Tumalutab • Tumitus • Victoria • Vitali • Zambowood • Zone I • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Replace with Official Guiwan Barangay Seal Picture
On the East Coast Hwy: The barangay before Guiwan is Tetuan and the one after Guiwan isPutik
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Zamboanga City, Philippines|
Guiwan Barangay Hall
Our Mother of Perpetual Help
St. Augustine School of Nursing
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Aderes Flea Market
Guiwan, Zamboanga City, Philippines
Guiwan is about 178 Hectares in land area.
Guiwan is fast becoming an extension of the city. The national hwy (MCLL Hwy) passes through Guiwan giving it the exposure to most of the other barangays located on the N/E side of Zamboanga. People don't have to travel far to buy fish and produce. Guiwan boasts of a fully stocked fish market and produce market.
The bus terminal to other points in Muslim Mindanao is in guiwan. There is a plan however, to move this terminal to the barangay of Divisoria.
Transportation to the city from Guiwan is still by Jeepneys and tri-cycle. As of 2011 eight pesos will take you to town. By tri-cycle will cost you about 25 to 30 pesos depending on the tri-cycle driver.
Many banks moved to guiwan making it convenient for people to bank and do business.
Location of Guiwan, Zamboanga City
History of Guiwan, Zamboanga City
Between Tetuan and Putik lies Guiwan Barangay from the city proper about 4.2 kms. This barrio got its name from the story which goes this way….
When the princess GUIA united with a common man they eloped in this far away land where the princess GUIA gave birth to a son IWAN. But the couple moved farther away lest the angry king finds them there.
The king’s brother robbed the throne and his cruel soldiers sought her far and wide till there was no more place to hide. They found the Princess GUIA and her son IWAN and threw them both in the river. She pleaded to the god of the river to take their lives but leave something behind. Then the princess and her son sunk deep, deep beyond...wailing, wailing, Guia-Iwan, Guia-Iwan. The god of the river granted her wish, the mother and son were turned into a land.
Natives who witnessed the change called the place GUIWAN, as a tribute to Guia and Iwan.
- article: from the LGU of Guiwan
People of Guiwan, Zamboanga City
- (2007 Census)
- Total Population: 15,218
- Number of Household: 2,407
Elected Government Officials of Guiwan, Zamboanga City
- Elected Officers of Guiwan for the term of 2013 - 2016
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Natividad, Samuel Pioquinto
- Barangay Kagawad Edding, Al-Jihan Rebollos
- Barangay Kagawad Hashim, Sharif Mazien Alih
- Barangay Kagawad Onrubia, Alvin Alipio
- Barangay Kagawad Hebron, Ronaldo Reyes
- Barangay Kagawad Antonio, Natividad Santos
- Barangay Kagawad Perez, Hector Falcasantos
- Barangay Kagawad Delfierro, Jaime Perez
- Elected Officers of Guiwan for the term of 2010 - 2013
Businesses in Guiwan, Zamboanga City
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and Aderes Flea Market
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Businesses in Guiwan
- Fish Market
- Cellphone and Computer Repair
- Hardware Stores
- Gas Stations
- Petron Gas Station
- Shell Gas Station
- Carenderias and Miscellaneous Items Stores
- Banks in Guiwan
- Pension House
- If you have real estate property for sale or lease in Guiwan, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Religions in Guiwan, Zamboanga City
- Our Mother of Perpetual Help Parish - (Founded: 1997)
- Msgr. Crislogo Manongas - Parish Priest
- Our Mother of Perpetual Help Parish - (Founded: 1997)
Schools in Guiwan, Zamboanga City
- St. Augustine School of Nursing
- Guiwan Elementary School
Economy of Guiwan, Zamboanga City
The economy of Guiwan if flourishing. It is fast becoming part of Uptown Zamboanga City. More banks are opening their branch offices in Guiwan.
Natural Resources of Guiwan, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Guiwan, Zamboanga City
Guiwan does not have any tourists attractions. It is however, becoming a fast growing community for retailers and bankers.
Fiestas and Traditions of Guiwan, Zamboanga City
Your Story about Guiwan, Zamboanga City
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
Families of Guiwan, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in the barangay of Guiwan.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE
Guiwan, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015: LE Tour de Filipinas (LtDF) breaks decades of summer tradition but returns to a familiar and historic culminating stage as it holds its sixth edition in 2015, highlighting 60 years of the Tour in the country. From the traditional schedule that made the Tour the country’s summer sports spectacle on wheels for two generations, the 2015 LtDF kicks off February 1 and ends February 4 again atop the Cordilleras at the Burnham Park in Baguio City. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Guiwan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Guiwan Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Guiwan Zamboanga City Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.