Lamisahan Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco • Ayala • Baliwasan • Baluno • Boalan • Bolong • Buenavista • Bunguiao • Busay • Cabaluay • Cabatangan • Cacao • Calabasa • Calarian • Camino Nuevo • Campo Islam • Canelar • Capisan • Cawit • Culianan • Curuan • Daap • Dita • Divisoria • Dulian Bunguiao • Dulian Pasonanca • Guisao • Guiwan • Kasanyangan • La Paz • Labuan • Lamisahan • Landang Gua • Landang Laum • Lanzones • Lapakan • Latuan Curuan • Licomo • Limaong • Limpapa • Lubigan • Lumayang • Lumbangan • Lunzuran • Maasin • Malagutay • Mampang • Manalipa • Mangusu • Manicahan • Mariki • Mercedes • Muti • Pamucutan • Pangapuyan • Panubigan • Pasilmanta • Pasobolong • Pasonanca • Patalon • Putik • Quiniput • Recodo • Rio Hondo • Salaan • San Jose Cawa-Cawa • San Jose Gusu • San Ramon • San Roque • Sangali • Sibulao Curuan • Sinubong • Sinunuc • Sta. Barbara • Sta. Catalina • Sta. Maria • Sto. Niño • Tagasilay • Taguiti • Talabaan • Talisayan • Talon-Talon • Taluksangay • Tetuan • Tictapul • Tigbalabag • Tigtabon • Tolosa • Tugbungan • Tulungatung • Tumaga • Tumalutab • Tumitus • Victoria • Vitali • Zambowood • Zone I • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Location of Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
This barangay is located ....
History of Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
Barangay Lamisahan has a sweet and meaningful history. It is one of the 98 Barangays of Zamboanga City.
As early as 1898, Lamisahan was covered by lush virgin forest and unknown by its name. Settlers came and inhabited the area as early as 1901. They began clearing patches of forest and planted agricultural crops.
Moreover, after the Second World War, American surveyors came together with some Tagalog men-guide and visited the area. The Americans were impressed by the abundance of the resources and particularly, the fresh waster from the river.
While they surveying the place, they put up their temporary shelter where to stay. They planted and cultivated sugarcane which served as form of sugar.
One day while they were walking, they thought of a name to call the place. The Americans were joking with their Tagalog friends who served as their guide and named “LAMI-SA-MESA”, meaning the delicious and tasty food on the table. Someone said the name “lamisahan” could have been derived from the Tagalog words “lamisahan”, meaning they enjoy the fresh cool and sweet water from an open spring to the river.
The clearing of the forest continued when a logging company by the West Basilan Timber operated in the area between 1956 to 1963. The group was composed of ilonggos, tagalongs, visayans and zamboangueños.
This date also marked the first time they made their presence felt. The catholic mission most appropriately started on June 27, 1956, this was the first Barangay Fiesta in honor of “Our Mother of Perpetual Help”. This also marked in the minds of the residents the name of the place from Lami-sa-Mesa or Lamisa-mahn to its present name “Lamisahan”.
article from: LGU of Lamisahan
People of Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
- (2007 Census)
- Total Population: 3, 654
- Number of Household: 621
Elected Government Officials of Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
- Elected Officers for the term of 2013-2016
- Punong Barangay Alvarez, Rodel Bernardo
- Barangay Kagawad Limen, Jovin Almonia
- Barangay Kagawad Bangayan, Nathaniel Pangilinan
- Barangay Kagawad Nuevaespaña, Eroline Alvarez
- Barangay Kagawad Marcos, Ester Fernando
- Barangay Kagawad Cristobal, Luzminda Lizaca
- Barangay Kagawad Ramos, Henry Climaco
- Barangay Kagawad Alvarez, Arturo Delante
- Elected Officers for the term of 2010-2013
- Lamisahan, Barangay Chairman, Edgardo M. Ramillano
- Lamisahan, Kagawad 1, Rodel B. Alvarez
- Lamisahan, Kagawad 2, Jose Albino A. Limen
- Lamisahan, Kagawad 3, Nathaniel P. Bangayan
- Lamisahan, Kagawad 4, Eroline H. Nuevaespaña
- Lamisahan, Kagawad 5, Ester F. Marcos
- Lamisahan, Kagawad 6, Arturo D. Alvarez
- Lamisahan, Kagawad 7, Luzminda L. Cristobal
- Lamisahan, SK Chairman, Jaymie D.S. Ramillano
Businesses in Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
- We invite you to list your business located in Lamisahan.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsor zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Lamisahan
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Lamisahan, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Lamisahan, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Economy of Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Natural Resources of Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Fiestas and Traditions of Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
Every 27th of June
Your Story about Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
Families of Lamisahan, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Lamisahan.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Lamisahan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Lamisahan Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Lamisahan Zamboanga City Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.