Northern Samar Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Northern Samar province within Region VIII in the Republic of The Philippines
Allen | Biri | Bobon | Capul | Catarman (Capital) | Catubig | Gamay | Laoang | Lapinig | Las Navas | Lavezares | Lope De Vega | Mapanas | Mondragon | Palapag | Pambujan | Rosario | San Antonio | San Isidro | San Jose | San Roque | San Vicente | Silvino Lobos | Victoria
Cities in the Province of Northern Samar: NONE
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - ARMM
Seal of the Province of Northern Samar
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Northern Samar|
Northern Samar Province within The Philippines
Provincial Capitol Building of Northern Samar
Provincial Capitol Building of Northern Samar
Provincial Capitol Building of Northern Samar
- Income Class = 2nd class
- Population (2015 Census) = 632,379
- Has 24 Municipalities and 569 Barangays
The province has a total land area of 3,498 sq. km. About 201,730 hectares are classified as forestland. The forestland is further classified as follows: a) Timberland-189,200 hectares; b) Forest reserves-11,900 hectares; c) Fishpond-499 hectares d) military and naval reservations-128 hectares.
It is composed largely of low and extremely rugged hills and small lowland areas. It has also small and discontinuous areas along the coast and its rivers, which are usually accompanied by alluvial plains and valleys. The province is endowed with relatively rich and fertile that most crops can grow on it.
- 1 Location of Northern Samar, Philippines
- 2 History of Northern Samar, Philippines
- 3 People of Northern Samar, Philippines
- 4 Elected Government Officials of Northern Samar, Philippines
- 5 Businesses in Northern Samar, Philippines
- 6 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Northern Samar, Philippines
- 7 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Northern Samar, Philippines
- 8 Schools in Northern Samar, Philippines
- 9 Economy of Northern Samar, Philippines
- 10 Natural Resources of Northern Samar, Philippines
- 11 Tourists Attractions of Northern Samar, Philippines
- 12 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Northern Samar, Philippines
- 13 Philippine News
- 14 Northern Samar Zip Codes
- 15 Northern Samar News
- 16 Northern Samar, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 17 The oldest living man or woman in Northern Samar, Philippines
- 18 Northern Samar, Philippines Photo Gallery
- 19 Disclaimer
Location of Northern Samar, Philippines
- 12.3333° N, 124.6667° E - Northern Samar, Coordinates
Northern Samar is located in the northernmost portion of Samar, the third largest island of the country. It is 732.72 kilometers southeast of Manila. The Pacific Ocean bound Northern Samar on the east, the San Bernardino Strait on the north, the Samar Sea on the west and Samar on the south.
History of Northern Samar, Philippines
The province of Northern Samar was created by Republic Act No. 4221 which was approved by Congress on June 19, 1965 dividing the whole island of Samar into three independent provinces namely; Northern Samar, Western Samar (subsequently renamed Samar) and Eastern Samar. As embodied in this Act, the eastern province is composed of 24 municipalities with Borongan as the capital.
People of Northern Samar, Philippines
- Population of Northern Samar as of 2015: 632,379
- Elected officials of Northern Samar for the term of 2016-2019
- Provincial Governor of Northern Samar: Jose "Jun" Lao Ong Jr.
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Northern Samar: Gary Manook Lavin
- Elected officials of Northern Samar for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Northern Samar: Jose "Jun" Lao Ong Jr. - NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Northern Samar: Gary Manook Lavin - NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- House Representatives of Northern Samar:
- 1st District: Congressman ABAYON, HARLIN - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- 2nd District: Congressman Emil Lao Ong - NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- First District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Layon, Jose Figueroa
- Vicario, Pascasio Joshua Maria Ho III
- Ballesta, Golda Somoray
- Hernandez, Neil Salavarria
- Singzon, Victorio Ii Merino
- Second District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Abalon, Andre Lovely
- Silvano, Gina Ong
- Batula, Florencio Abobo
- Lagrimas, Eustaquio Cardenas
- Galit, Dionisio Dexter De Asis
- Elected officials of Northern Samar for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Northern Samar: Paul Ruiz Daza
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Northern Samar: Ramp Nielsen Sy Uy
- House Representatives of Northern Samar:
- Provincial Board Members:
- Elected officials of Northern Samar for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Northern Samar for the term of 2007-2010
- House Representatives of Northern Samar for the term of 2007-2010
Barangays Elected Officials of Northern Samar
Businesses in Northern Samar, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Northern Samar, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Northern Samar, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Northern Samar, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Northern Samar here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Northern Samar here.
- List the Methodist churches in Northern Samar here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Northern Samar here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Northern Samar here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Northern Samar here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Northern Samar here.
- List the Baptist churches in Northern Samar here.
Schools in Northern Samar, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Northern Samar can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Northern Samar, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Northern Samar you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Northern Samar, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Northern Samar, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Northern Samar Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of Northern Samar, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Northern Samar, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Northern Samar in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Northern Samar. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Northern Samar landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Northern Samar, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
- USAID, ADB partner on $7-billion clean energy technical assistance program
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- PRIVATE-sector firms in the Philippines and other countries in the Asia and the Pacific region can access a new technical assistance support for clean energy investments from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- In a briefing on Tuesday, the ADB said the agreement aims to mobilize $7 billion in technical assistance, particularly in the Indo-Pacific region, in the next five years ........... Full Story»
- OFW remittances hit $10.8B in Jan-April
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- MONEY sent home by overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) reached $10.811 billion in the first four months of 2019, a 3.7-percent increase from $10.426 billion in the same period last year, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) reported on Monday.
- For April alone, personal remittances totaled $2.713 billion, up 3.7 percent from $2.616 billion in the same month in 2018, but down 2.9 percent from $2.796 billion in March this year ........... Full Story»
- Maneja shines in Olivarez netfest
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Justine Maneja romped off with the 16-and-under crown then stunned top seed Denise Bernardo to snare the 18-U title to complete a “twin-kill” in the PPS-PEPP Dr. Pablo Olivarez national age-group 2019 at the Olivarez Sports Center in Sucat, Parañaque last Sunday.
- Maneja, 16, dominated her age bracket, yielding eight games in three matches before trouncing Gaby Zoleta, 6-3, 6-0, in the finals ............................... Full Story»
Northern Samar Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|6402||San Jose||Northern Samar|
|6403||Lope de Vega||Northern Samar|
|6407||San Antonio||Northern Samar|
|6409||San Isidro||Northern Samar|
|6414||Silvino Lubos||Northern Samar|
|6415||San Roque||Northern Samar|
|6419||San Vicente||Northern Samar|
|6420||La Navas||Northern Samar|
5 top officials in Northern Samar join Liberal Party
- Source: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/tacloban/local-news/2012/05/12/5-top-officials-northern-samar-join-liberal-party-221106
- Saturday, May 12, 2012
- by (Leyte samar Daily Express)
CATARMAN, Northern Samar -- As the elections near, local politicians start to change fences.
Former Nacionalista Party member, Northern Samar Vice Governor Ramp Neilsen Uy, along with four other top local officials in the province who belong to the former ruling party Partido Lakas-CMD, moved to the now ruling Liberal Party (LP) and took their oath of party affiliation before LP president Mar Roxas.
Northern Samar Governor Paul Daza himself broke the news to local media.
The officials who formally moved to LP with Uy are second district Board Member Dexter Galit, Rosario town Mayor Basilio Miranda, Catarman Vice Mayor Christian Wan Uy and San Roque town Vice Mayor Jocelyn Curso.
Vice Governor Uy was the official candidate of Senator Manny Villar’s Nacionalista Party when he ran as a neophyte politician in 2010, in coalition then with second district Representative Emil Ong’s camp in Partido Lakas.
According to Daza, the formal oath-taking was held at Roxas’s office at the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) in Manila last Tuesday.
Also present to witness the event were Catubig Mayor Fredicanda Dy, Palapag Mayor Florencio Batula, and second district Board Members Ricardo Daiz, Jack Lagrimas and Remus Dulay.
Daza said after the oath-taking, Speaker Sonny Belmonte had a “short talk” with the said officials regarding good governance and other national issues.
Northern Samar, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
The oldest living man or woman in Northern Samar, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest living man or woman is in Northern Samar? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Northern Samar. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Living Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Northern Samar.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Northern Samar, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Northern Samar Province, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.