Aurora Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Aurora province within Region III-Central Luzon in the Republic of The Philippines
Baler (Capital) | Casiguran | Dilasag | Dinalungan | Dingalan | Dipaculao | Maria Aurora | San Luis
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - ARMM
|Guaranteed one senator to represent Region 3 Central Luzon and its provinces, cities/municipalities and barangays.|
Official Seal of Aurora province
Aurora province within the Philippines
Provincial Capitol of the Aurora Province
Ditumabo Falls, Ditumabo, San Luis, Aurora
|Aurora Province, Philippines
Aurora is a long. narrow strip of land that covers a portion of the Sierra Madre mountain range. More than half of the area has either steep to very steep slopes. Only 14% of the territory is flat land. The climate is characterized by rainfall which is more or less evenly distributed throughout the year. Because the province faces the Pacific Ocean, it is regularly battered by typhoons coming from the east.
Aurora is the northernmost province of the Southern Tagalog region. It is bounded on the north by Isabela, on the east by the Pacific Ocean, on the west by Quirino, Nueva Viscaya, and Nueva Eicja, and on the south by Quezon.
The province was named after President Manuel L. Quezon's wife, Aurora. Quezon, the first president of the Philippine Commonwealth, was born in Baler. Aurora was first explored by Juan de Salcedo in 1571, when he reached Casiguran and Baler from Laguna. In 1609, a Franciscan mission was founded in Baler.
- 1 Location of Aurora, Philippines
- 2 History of the province of Aurora
- 3 People of Aurora, Philippines
- 4 Elected Government Officials of Aurora, Philippines
- 5 Businesses in Aurora, Philippines
- 6 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Aurora, Philippines
- 7 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Aurora, Philippines
- 8 Schools in Aurora, Philippines
- 9 Economy of Aurora, Philippines
- 10 Natural Resources of Aurora, Philippines
- 11 Tourists Attractions of Aurora, Philippines
- 12 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Aurora, Philippines
- 13 Philippine News
- 14 Aurora News
- 15 Aurora Zip Codes
- 16 Aurora, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 17 The oldest living man or woman in Aurora, Philippines
- 18 Aurora, Philippines Photo Gallery
- 19 Disclaimer
Location of Aurora, Philippines
- 15.8833° N, 121.5500° E - Aurora, Coordinates
History of the province of Aurora
In 1735, Baler was destroyed by a tidal wave from the Pacific Ocean. The surviving inhabitants decided to move to higher ground. In 1814, the village of Bondo was founded away from the coast. Baler was a part of Nueva Ecija until 1902, when it was ceded to Tayabas, the former name of Quezon province.
During the Commonwealth period, when President Quezon unexpectedly visited Bondo, he named it Aurora in honor of his wife. In 1951, municipalities now comprising the province were organized into Aurora sub-province of what had then become Quezon. The municipality of Aurora was changed to Maria Aurora. On August 13, 1979 Aurora became a separate province by virtue of Batas Pambansa No. 7
- infomation by: Roberto C. Arellano
People of Aurora, Philippines
- For 2015 Aurora Population = 214,336
- For 2010 Aurora Population = 201,233
- For 2007 Aurora Population = 187,802
- For 2010 Aurora Population = 201,233
- Registered Voters as of (2010): 97,430
|Elected officials of Aurora for the term of 2019-2022|
|Board Members of Aurora|
|Elected officials of Aurora for the term of 2016-2019|
|Board Members of Aurora|
- Elected officials of Aurora for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Aurora: Gerardo '"Jerry" Angala Noveras
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Aurora: Rommel Rico Teh Angara
- House Representative of Aurora:Bellaflor Angara Castillo
- First District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Ong, Pedro Jr. Montes
- Tangson, Mariano Calderon
- Padua, Oscar Wenceslao
- Pimentel, Cesar Bihasa
- Second District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Tolentino, Danilo Amansec
- Valin, Denia Pe
- Alipio, Ruben Jr. Soriano
- Curitana, Antonio Balderama
- Elected officials of Aurora for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Aurora: Bellaflor Angara Castillo
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Aurora: Gerardo '"Jerry" Angala Noveras
- House Representative of Aurora:Juan Edgardo Manalang Angara
- Provincial Board Members of Aurora:
- Elected officials of Aurora for the term of 2007-2010
Businesses in Aurora, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Aurora, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Aurora, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Aurora here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Aurora here.
- List the Methodist churches in Aurora here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Aurora here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Aurora here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Aurora here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Aurora here.
- List the Baptist churches in Aurora here.
Schools in Aurora, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Aurora can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Aurora, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Aurora you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Aurora, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Aurora, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Aurora Philippines" page.
Natural Resources of Aurora, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Aurora, Philippines
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via .
- Post the Aurora landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Aurora, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
- 6% growth target stays
- Monday, Septembe 16, 2019
- The Department of Finance (DOF) said the government is maintaining its growth target of six percent or higher this year, even as the economy settled at only 5.5 percent growth in the first semester given the delay in the enactment of the 2019 General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- Carlos Dominguez, finance secretary, also said to avoid a repeat of the 2019 budget delay, leaders of both the Senate and the House of Representatives are meeting every month to monitor the progress on the budget and the 25 priority bills enumerated in the 4th State-of-the-Nation Address ........... Full Story»
- Stocks up, peso stronger
- Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Share prices ended higher yesterday as investors tracked overseas leads to trade the market.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) was up 70.20 points to 7,858.65, a 0.9 percent hike ........... Full Story»
- Inaugural triathlon at New Clark City set
- Monday, August 16, 2019 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines — All is set for the New Clark City Triathlon which is the first triathlon event to be held at the New Clark City Sports Complex in Capas, Tarlac on Oct. 19-20.
- GoClark Sports and Events has partnered with presenting sponsor Robinsons Land Corp. in this triathlon featuring the swim event at the Aquatics Center, the 20km bike in the newly built New Clark City-SCTex connecting road and the run course in the sports complex, including the warm-up athletic track, the river park and a finish lap around the 20,000-seater Athletics Stadium ............................... Full Story»
DOLE awards P1.9M worth of livelihood assistance in Aurora and Pampanga
- Source: http://www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?menu=2&webregion=R03&article=561336288671
- By: Carlo Lorenzo J. Datu
- Monday, May 07, 2012
CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga- The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) awarded on Labor Day a total of P1.9 million livelihood grants to around 1,200 groups and individuals in Aurora and Pampanga.
The ceremonial awarding was held in SM City Pampanga wherein P1 million was given to Aurora residents while the remaining P900,000 to Kapampangans.
DOLE regional information officer Jerry Borja disclosed that the recipients, consisting of union members, ambulant vendors and persons with disabilities, are now beneficiaries of their Negosyo sa Kariton (Nego-Kart), Kabuhayan starter kits, and Workers Income Augmentation (WIN-AP) programs as well as other livelihood projects.
Under the Nego-Kart, each beneficiary receives a vending cart, livelihood tools, and raw materials amounting to P15,000.
On the other hand, starter kits, which contain tools and materials that allow recipients to engage in various roving businesses such as massage, plumbing, cosmetology, appliance repair, upholstery, rag making, embutido making, hair dressing, and manicure/pedicure are also included.
Apart from the karts and kits, beneficiaries in these programs are also given trainings on entrepreneurship and business management.
Their respective local government units also provide their counterpart assistances in the form of additional tools and trainings and initial payment of their Social Security System (SSS) and Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) premiums.
Moreover, WIN-AP assists worker’s unions in the private sector in engaging business to augment their family income.
Borja added that “WIN-AP not only benefits the union members financially through dividend-sharing but it likewise provides employment to their relatives and easy affordable payment schemes in the form of salary deduction.”
In a statement, DOLE Regional director Raymundo Agravante said that their mandate “do not stop in facilitating job opportunities alone, but rather, we are opening more opportunities by empowering each Filipino worker to venture into entrepreneurship through our integrated livelihood programs to improve their lives.”
Aurora Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by Municipality/City or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
Aurora, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
The oldest living man or woman in Aurora, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest living man or woman is in Aurora? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Aurora. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Living Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Aurora.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Aurora, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Aurora Province, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.