Antique Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in Antique Province within Region VI-Western Visayas in the Republic of The Philippines
Anini-Y | Barbaza | Belison | Bugasong | Caluya | Culasi | Hamtic | Laua-An | Libertad | Pandan | Patnongon | San Jose (Capital) | San Remigio | Sebaste | Sibalom | Tibiao | Tobias Fornier (Dao) | Valderrama
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - ARMM
Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
|Guaranteed one senator to represent Western Visayas Region VI and its provinces, cities/municipalities and barangays.|
Seal of the Province of Antique
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Antique|
Location of Antique within the Philippines
Provincial Capitol Building of Antique
Entering Antique from Iloilo City
|Antique Province, Philippines|
- 1 Geography of Antique, Philippines
- 2 Location of Antique, Philippines
- 3 History of Antique, Philippines
- 4 People of Antique, Philippines
- 5 Elected Government Officials of Antique, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Antique, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Antique, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Antique, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Antique, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Antique, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Antique, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Antique, Philippines
- 13 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Antique, Philippines
- 14 Philippine News
- 15 Antique News
- 16 Antique Zip Codes
- 17 Antique, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 18 Your story about Antique Province
- 19 The oldest living man or woman in Antique, Philippines
- 20 Click to View all the Antique, Philippines Photo Gallery
- 21 Disclaimer
Geography of Antique, Philippines
Profiled like a seahorse, Antique is an oversized serrated hemline on the western border of the three-cornered scarf-like land mass that is Panay. It lies between the China Sea to the west and a tall mountain range, 155 kilometers long and 33 kilometers at its widest, to the east, separating it from the rest of Panay.
- article copied verbatim from http://www.tourism.gov.ph/
Location of Antique, Philippines
- 11.2333° N, 122.1000° E - Antique, Coordinates
"Antique is one of the six provinces comprising the island of Panay in Western Visayas. It can be reached by land from Aklan, Iloilo or Capiz. From Iloilo, one could take a Seventy-Six Express, Ceres Liner or any of the smaller buses that ply the San Jose Antique route. Both bus companies have direct trips to Libertad and Kalibo. From Iloilo City, San Jose de Buenavista, the capital center of Antique, is almost two and a half hours ride via passenger bus. From Kalibo, Antique could be reached through its northern backdoor in Pandan." Source Verbatim: www.nscb.gov.ph
History of Antique, Philippines
- article from the lgu of Antique.
The History. In the 13th century, oral tradition has it that Datu Puti, a chieftain during the Shri-Vishaya / Majapahit Empire, together with nine other datus, among them Sumakwel, Bangkaya, Paiburong and their respective followers, left Borneo to escape persecution from Makatunao, the wicked ruler of the empire. They first landed in Sinugbuhan, San Joaquin, Iloilo along the western shores of Panay Island. Shortly thereafter, they succeeded in bartering the island from a friendly Negrito king, Marikudo, , for one “sadok”- a native head gear - of gold and a golden necklace for the king's wife, Maniwan-tiwan.
Datu Sumakwel was then installed as the chief ruler of Panay. He established a settlement in a place now called Malandog, a barangay in the town of Hamtic.
The population growth that followed enabled the settlers to occupy almost all of the lowlands, forcing the aborigines to live in the hinterlands. The whole island was divided into three political units called “sakops”, namely Hamtic (Antique), Aklan and Irong-irong (Iloilo). Datus Sumakwel, Bangkaya ang Paiburong headed these “sakops”, respectively.
The Spaniards first reached Panay as early as the time of Legaspi in 1571. From Iloilo, where they had first established themselves in Panay Island, the Spaniards spread out until they virtually had the entire island under their control. However, it was not until about the end of the sixteenth century that the Spaniards began to exert influence on the islands.
Like the rest of the Visayas during the 16th and 17th centuries, Antique was plundered by Moro pirates. So often and so costly were their incursions into Antique’s coastal towns that it became necessary to build a fort near each town of the province and maintain small garrisons there.
The first official recognition of Antique as a separate political unit came in 1796 when it was created into a political and military province by virtue of a Spanish Royal Order. The town of Hamtic (formerly spelled Hantik after a big ant) was its first capital. Later the provincial government was moved to Bugasong (formerly spelled Bugasoni) and for a while the province was often called by that name. In 1802, the capital was transferred to San Jose de Buenavista where it has remained up to now. Towards the close of 1899, the Spaniards left the whole island,
The institution of American authority over the islands and the subsequent establishment of peace and order in Panay led to the advent of a civil government in Antique on April 13, 1901.
People of Antique, Philippines
- Population of Antique as 2015 census = 582,012
- Population of Antique as 2007 census = 515,265
- Antique Registered Voters (2009)= 241,977
|Elected officials of Antique Province for the term of 2019-2022|
|Board Members of Antique Province|
|Elected officials of Antique Province for the term of 2016-2019|
|Board Members of Antique Province|
- Elected officials of Antique Province for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Antique: Exequiel "BOY EX" Bellaflor Javier (LP)
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Antique: Rhodora "Dodod" Javier Cadiao (UNA)
- House Representative of Antique:Paolo Everardo Sales Javier
- Provincial Board Members:
- 1st District:
- Edgar "Ed" Dequina Denosta (LP)
- Dante "DAN" Meriaga Beriong (IND)
- Vincent "VINCE" III Hernandez Piccio (UNA)
- Arturo "TURING" Fullon Pacificador (UNA)
- J.Tobias "TOBING" Magbanua Javier (LP)
- 2nd District:
- Victor "BOY" Rizardo Condez (LP)
- Egidio "DOC" Pecaoco Elio (IND)
- Joseph Eugene "KAP NONONG" Ducado Alojipan (UNA)
- Errol "BOBOT SANTILLAN" Train Santillan (LP)
- Teopisto, Jr. "PISTONG" Crespo Estaris (LP)
- Elected officials of Antique Province for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Antique: Exequiel Bellaflor Javier
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Antique: Rosie Adayon Dimamay
- House Representative of Antique:Paolo Everardo Sales Javier
- Provincial Board Members:
- 1st District:
- Edgar Dequina Denosta
- J.Tobias Magbanua Javier
- Dante Meriaga Beriong
- Dino Roel Telan Operiano
- Roland Barcebal Plameras
- 2nd District:
- Elected officials of Antique Province for the term of 2007-2010
Barangay Elected Officials of Antique Province
Businesses in Antique, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Antique, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Antique, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Antique here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Antique here.
- List the Methodist churches in Antique here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Antique here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Antique here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Antique here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Antique here.
- List the Baptist churches in Antique here.
Schools in Antique, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, the opening of classes for the year 2020-2021 is deferred to October 5, 2020.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Antique can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Antique, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Antique you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Antique, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Antique, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Antique Philippines" page.
Natural Resources of Antique, Philippines
- DENR - ANTIQUE
- DE LOS REYES, RUEL L. OIC, Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (PENRO)
- Address: Penro Building Binirayan Hills Denr Compound San Jose Antique
- Phone: +63(036)268-4159 and +63 036) 268-4160
- MELLIZAS, VICENTE T. JR. OIC-CENRO, Culasi Cadiao St., Culasi, Antique;(036) 288-6000 / 288-8125 / 288-8439
- GAROL, JUNE MELISSA C. OIC - CENRO, San Jose Binirayan Hills, San Jose, Antique; (036) 2683849 | 268-4160 | SO-2007-59|
"Antique has rich mineral deposits. Its mountains yield coal, silica, copper, marble, and clay. Semi-precious stones such as turquoise, amethyst, opal, jade, agate and jasper are scattered along the Sibalom and Tipuloan Rivers. The municipalities of Libertad and Pandan have reserves of 4.131 billion metric tons of good quality marble. Coal is mined in the island-barangay of Semirara operated and managed by the Semirara Coal Corporation." Source Verbatim: www.nscb.gov.ph
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Antique, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Antique in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Antique. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Antique landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Antique, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
- MADJA-AS Festival (CULASI):[culminated every 1st Saturday of March]: named after Bukid MADJA-AS, the second highest mountain in VISAYAS
- KAHILWAYAN Festival (CULASI): every 18-20 October : CULASI Independence Day commemoration 
- HIRIUGYON sa BITADTON Festival [BITADTON, Culasi]: every 18-22 of May : barangay & religious fiesta in honor of Saint Joseph
- 6% growth target stays
- Monday, Septembe 16, 2019
- The Department of Finance (DOF) said the government is maintaining its growth target of six percent or higher this year, even as the economy settled at only 5.5 percent growth in the first semester given the delay in the enactment of the 2019 General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- Carlos Dominguez, finance secretary, also said to avoid a repeat of the 2019 budget delay, leaders of both the Senate and the House of Representatives are meeting every month to monitor the progress on the budget and the 25 priority bills enumerated in the 4th State-of-the-Nation Address ........... Full Story»
- Stocks up, peso stronger
- Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Share prices ended higher yesterday as investors tracked overseas leads to trade the market.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) was up 70.20 points to 7,858.65, a 0.9 percent hike ........... Full Story»
- Inaugural triathlon at New Clark City set
- Monday, August 16, 2019 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines — All is set for the New Clark City Triathlon which is the first triathlon event to be held at the New Clark City Sports Complex in Capas, Tarlac on Oct. 19-20.
- GoClark Sports and Events has partnered with presenting sponsor Robinsons Land Corp. in this triathlon featuring the swim event at the Aquatics Center, the 20km bike in the newly built New Clark City-SCTex connecting road and the run course in the sports complex, including the warm-up athletic track, the river park and a finish lap around the 20,000-seater Athletics Stadium ............................... Full Story»
Educational assistance forms now available at GSIS Antique
- Source: http://pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?menu=2&webregion=R06&article=981336704738
- By: Pilar S. Mabaquiao
- Friday, May 11, 2012
SAN JOSE, Antique- Application forms for educational assistance is now available at the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Antique branch. Likewise, it can also be secured from the internet through the GSIS website.
Leo Frigillano, Manager, GSIS Antique in an interview said, they started accepting application forms for the said education assistance last May 7 and they will continue to accept the said application forms until December 28, 2012.
This will give members the choice on when they will avail of such assistance, he added.
Recently, the GSIS launched its educational assistance program following the announcement of President Benigno S. Aquino III on Labor Day that the fund is available in the amount of Ph11.2 billion Educational Assistance Fund from Social Security System and GSIS.
Frigillano said, the educational assistance program is open to all active members of the pension fund, regardless of salary grade. They are entitled to Php 4,000, payable in five years at six percent interest rate.
GSIS further disclosed that the monthly payment is only Php20.00 through salary deduction, and the first payment of the loan will start three months after the grant.
Applications forms should be submitted per agency or by batch to facilitate easy processing with transmittal from the office concerned.
“The way the processing is going on, considering the bulk of the application forms, where Antique has more than 1,000 applicants (in about 4 days of accepting the application) it will take us about 5 days of processing and three to five days before it can be credited to the ATM/ e-card account of the member applicant,’ the source added.
Frigillano assured that they are doing their best to accommodate all applications forms as fast as they could so that it can be released to members on time.
Antique Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by Municipality/City or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|5716||Tobias Fornier (Dao)||Antique|
Antique, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Your story about Antique Province
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest living man or woman in Antique, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest living man or woman is in Antique? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Antique. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Living Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Click to View all the Antique, Philippines Photo Gallery
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Antique.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Antique, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Antique Province, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.