Davao Occidental, Philippines
Seal of Davao Occidental
|Guaranteed one senator to represent Region 11(Davao Region), its cities/municipalities and barangays.|
Location of Davao Occidental within The Philippines
Provincial Capitol of Davao Occidental Province
Please Upload Picture
Davao Occidental Province, Philippines has 5 Municipalities and 105 barangays.
- 1 Geography of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 2 Location of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 3 People of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 4 History of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 5 Elected Government Officials of Davao Occidental Province, Philippines
- 6 Seaport of Davao Occidental
- 7 Airport of Davao Occidental
- 8 Power Supply of Davao Occidental
- 9 Elected Government Officials of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 10 Businesses in Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 11 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 12 Schools in Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 13 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 14 Economy of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 15 Natural Resources of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 16 Tourists Attractions of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 17 Fiestas, Festivals and Traditions of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 18 Philippine News
- 19 Davao Occidental Zip Codes
- 20 Davao Occidental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 21 The oldest living man or woman in Davao Occidental, Philippines
- 22 Davao Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery
- 23 Disclaimer
Geography of Davao Occidental, Philippines
Location of Davao Occidental, Philippines
People of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- Davao Occidental population as of 2015 = 316,342
History of Davao Occidental, Philippines
By virtue of Republic Act 10360 enacted on July 23, 2013, the province is the newest in the country, carved out from the southern part of Davao del Sur. The Act was passed by the House of Representatives and the Senate on November 28, 2012, and December 5, 2012, respectively, and signed by President Benigno Aquino III on January 14, 2013. A plebiscite was held on October 28, 2013 along with the Barangay elections and the majority of votes cast were "Yes", ratifying the province.
The motive to create the province was to boost the economic condition and social progress of the municipalities. Senator Ferdinand Marcos Jr., who sponsored the creation of Davao Occidental, said that the distances of Digos City, Davao del Sur's provincial capital, to other municipalities in the second Congressional District are far-off that impairs the effective delivery of basic services, as well as the access to government offices. However, Davao del Sur Representative Marc Douglas Cagas considered the creation of the province as nothing more than gerrymandering and political convenience.
Elected Government Officials of Davao Occidental Province, Philippines
- Elected officials of Davao Occidental Province, Philippines for the term of 2016-2019
- Provincial Governor of Davao Occidental Province: Claude "Auding" Peralta Bautista - Unopposed
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Davao Occidental Province: Franklin "Colin" Peralta Bautista - Unopposed
- Congressional Representative of Davao Occidental: Lorna Bautista-Bandigan - Unopposed
- Board Members of District one:
- Alberto Baliota
- Allan Colina
- Romeo Lopez
- Alexander Lumain
- Benjamin Wong
- Board Members of District two:
- Adelan De Arce
- Emily Johnson
- Alexander Uy
- Jardin John Joyce
- Vivencio Almano
Barangays Elected Officials of Davao Occidental for the term of 2010-2013
Seaport of Davao Occidental
Airport of Davao Occidental
Power Supply of Davao Occidental
Elected Government Officials of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- Elected officials of Davao Occidental for the term of 2013-2016
Businesses in Davao Occidental, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Davao Occidental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Davao Occidental here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Davao Occidental here.
- List the Methodist churches in Davao Occidental here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Davao Occidental here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Davao Occidental here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Davao Occidental here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Davao Occidental here.
- List the Baptist churches in Davao Occidental here.
Schools in Davao Occidental, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Davao Occidental, you can list that property for FREE HERE.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Economy of Davao Occidental, Philippines
Natural Resources of Davao Occidental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Davao Occidental, Philippines
Fiestas, Festivals and Traditions of Davao Occidental, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
- Philippines gets $3-M counterterrorism grant
- Sunday, May 26, 2019
- MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine government has received a $3-million grant from an international foundation to help fight violent extremism in the country.
- Interior Secretary Eduardo Año announced yesterday that the Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF), a non-profit Swiss foundation has partnered with the administration to provide funding for community-level initiatives to stop extremist movements ........... Full Story»
- Peso strengthens further ahead of US data, RRR cuts
- Saturday, May 25, 2019
- THE PESO strengthened further against the dollar on Friday ahead of US data and the implementation of the first wave of reductions in banks’ reserve requirement ratios (RRR).
- The local currency closed at P52.16 against the greenback on Friday, higher by 34 centavos versus its previous finish of P52.50 per dollar ........... Full Story»
- NGAP to hold SEA Games qualifying tourney
- Sunday, May 26, 2019
- The National Golf Association of the Philippines (NGAP) will hold a two-stage qualifying tournament for the upcoming 2019 Southeast Asian (SEA) Games that the country will be hosting in November.
- The event, open to all amateur Filipino golfer will be played at the Hacienda Luisita Golf and Country Club on June 4 to 7 and June 10 to 13 ............................... Full Story»
Davao Occidental Zip Codes
Davao Occidental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
The oldest living man or woman in Davao Occidental, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest living man or woman is in Davao Occidental? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Davao Occidental. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Living Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Davao Occidental.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Davao Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Davao Occidental, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.