Tour de Zamboanga is a “Mountain Bike Race” open to amateurs and professionals. Road bikes (racers) or hybrids are not allowed. Only mountain bikes are allowed in this race.
Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
This is a 5 stage (5 days) race and about 740 kilometers. Each stage will take up one day.
- First stage: Starts in Zamboanga City and ends in Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte.
- This is about a 200 kilometer race. The race will take the west coast hiway of Zamboanga City through the municipality of Sibuco and ends in Liloy. A grueling terrain that may make a beginner think of quitting.
- The second stage will start in Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and will end at the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City.
- This is a 143 Kilometer race. This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- The third stage will start in Dapitan City and will end in Pagadian City.
- 128 Kilometers: This third stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- The fourth stage is from Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay.
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- The fifth and final stage: Ipil to Zamboanga City.
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Boalan.
All Cyclers from around the world are invited to participate in this open bicycle race.
Join the race. Fill out the form below and click on the “submit” button.