Tour de Zamboanga is a “Mountain Bike Race” open to amateurs and professionals. Road bikes (racers) or hybrids are not allowed. Only mountain bikes are allowed in this race.
Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
This is a 5 stage (5 days) race and about 740 kilometers. Each stage will take up one day.
Route of the TOUR OF ZAMBOANGA:
- First stage: Starts in Zamboanga City and ends in Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte.
- This is about a 200 kilometer race. The race will probably start in Boalan or Divisoria Zamboanga City via the west coast highway through La Paz, the municipality of Sibuco and ends in Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte. A grueling terrain that may make a beginner think of quitting.
- The second stage will start in Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and will end at the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City.
- This is a 143 Kilometer race. This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- The third stage will start in Dapitan City and will end in Pagadian City.
- 128 Kilometers: This third stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- The fourth stage is from Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay.
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- The fifth and final stage: Ipil to Zamboanga City.
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Boalan.
Categories of Tour de Zamboanga
- Open Category
- Must be at least 14 years old.
- Must be at least 14 years old.
- Under 16 years of age
- Racers in this category must have a release authorization form signed from a guardian or parent.
- Must be 14 or 15 years of age.
- 50 years and over
- We invite the cycling oficionados to join the race. Just finish the race and it makes no difference whether you finish last, you still get a prize of 1,000 pesos and a certificate of completion.
Prizes for these categories are as follows: 15K 1st, 10K 2nd, 5K 3rd. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 4 categories.
Type of Bicycles Accepted in the Race
- Roadbikes or Road bicycles (racers) will not be allowed in this race.
- What is a Road bike (racer): click here to see the definition of a Road Bike
- Only Mountain bikes or other bikes other than roadbikes (racers) will be accepted.
- Click here to see the definition of a Mountain Bike
All Cyclers from around the world are invited to participate in this open bicycle race.
Join the race. Fill out the form below and click on the “submit” button.
Last Updated on March 1, 2020