Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Barangays of Buug in the Zamboanga Sibugay province of the Philippines
Agutayan || Bagong Borbon || Basalem || Bawang || Bliss || Bulaan || Compostela || Danlugan || Datu Panas || Del Monte || Guintuloan || Guitom || Guminta || Labrador || Lantawan || Mabuhay || Maganay || Manlin || Muyo || Pamintayan || Pling || Poblacion || Pulog || San Jose || Talairan || Talamimi || Villacastor
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Zamboanga Sibugay province of the Philippines
Alicia • Buug • Diplahan • Imelda • Ipil • Kabasalan • Mabuhay • Malangas • Naga • Olutanga • Payao • Roseller T. Lim • Siay • Talusan • Titay • Tungawan
|Every barangay in each municipality in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates will be greatly appreciated.|
Seal of Buug
Zamboanga Sibugay within the island of Mindanao
Buug Public Market/td>
GG's Hardware and Auto Supply, Poblacion, Buug
Bus Terminal, Poblacion, Buug
Public Toilet, Poblacion, Buug
Municipality Hall of Buug
- Buug has a total of 27 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Buug as of (2010) = 21,888
- Buug is in the 1st Voting District of Zamboanga Sibugay
- Population of Buug (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 34,289
- Land Area of Buug (as of 2007, in hectares) = 13,406
- Buug is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Buug is in the Zamboanga Sibugay province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Geography of Buug
Location of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
History of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
The annals of Buug’s history relates that the name Buug was derived from the word “bog”, a Subanen word for second growth forest which means the same as the Cebuano-Visayan term buog. According to history, a group of Subanens stumbled upon this “bog” that was blessed with a stream and sufficient supply of water while they were moving from one place to another in search of a safe place to start a living away from marauders who were in search for slaves and things to loot. From then on people began to refer to the “bog” as Buug.
Buug grew into a thriving community through the initiative of the Timuays who held leadership of the community. Word spread out and attracted other settlements to the area. A school was opened which drew in the first trickle of Subanen, Cebuano, and Visayan settlers. And when the Samar Mining Company (SAMICO) opened the Sibuguey project in 1957 at Bobuan (now part of the daughter municipality of Bayog) the next group of settlers flooded in. The same thing happened when the Pagadian-Zamboanga National Highway reached Buug in 1958.
Heavy flocking of newcomers followed when Buug became a municipality through Executive Order No. 380 issued by President Carlos P. Garcia on February 2, 1960. Instrumental to the materialization of this important milestone of Buug was the persistence and hard work of Quirino M. Gonzales, former councilor of Malangas, to pull through until the completion of the goal to make Buug a municipality. Gonzales became the first appointed mayor and was called the Father of Buug.
At present, Buug remains to be one of the thriving social and economic hubs of Zamboanga Sibugay. Credit institutions and commercial businesses have multiplied. Appliance centers and merchandisers with main branches in big cities have invested in the area. Cottage industries have sprouted. Buug being strategically located at the boundary of Zamboanga Del Sur has likewise become a convergence of economic activity.
Moving Buug’s economy are two sectors categorized by the local government; 1.) Agriculture (farming, livestock & poultry, and fisheries) and, 2.) Service Activities (trade/commerce & industry, finance, personal and community services). Its people who worked hard to reach where Buug is right now, are gathered as one with a lengthy celebration of their birth as a municipality every February of the year. They celebrate the Araw Ng Buug with much funfare and cheers. Visitors from neighboring municipalities, provinces, and cities take part in the town’s celebration. (source: verbatim from: http://www.sibugayprovince.com/)
People of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Total Population of Buug
- Elected officials of for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor: Jonam Ratilla Lagas
- Elected officials of for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Jonam Ratilla Lagas
- Vice-Mayor: Arnulfo Dondoyano Lim
- Elected Oficials of Buug for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Teresita Pague Famor
- Vice-Mayor: Arnulfo Dondoyano Lim
Barangay Officials of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
Businesses in Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Buug.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Buug
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate or Properties for Sale in Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Buug, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
The name of your school in Buug can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Buug you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Buug, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Buug Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Buug Zamboanga Sibugay" page.
Natural Resources of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Buug in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Buug. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Buug landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Buug.
Your Story about Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Tell your story about Buug. You can talk about the good things in Buug or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Buug. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Buug.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Buug Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga Sibugay Province Photo Gallery]]
*[[Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines]]