Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Barangays of Buug in the Zamboanga Sibugay province of the Philippines
Agutayan || Bagong Borbon || Basalem || Bawang || Bliss || Bulaan || Compostela || Danlugan || Datu Panas || Del Monte || Guintuloan || Guitom || Guminta || Labrador || Lantawan || Mabuhay || Maganay || Manlin || Muyo || Pamintayan || Pling || Poblacion || Pulog || San Jose || Talairan || Talamimi || Villacastor
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Zamboanga Sibugay Province within Region IX in the Republic of the Philippines
Alicia • Buug • Diplahan • Imelda • Ipil (Capital) • Kabasalan • Mabuhay • Malangas • Naga • Olutanga • Payao • Roseller T. Lim • Siay • Talusan • Titay • Tungawan
|Every barangay in each municipality in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates will be greatly appreciated.|
Seal of Buug
Zamboanga Sibugay within the island of Mindanao
Buug Public Market/td>
GG's Hardware and Auto Supply, Poblacion, Buug
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Bus Terminal, Poblacion, Buug
Public Toilet, Poblacion, Buug
Municipality Hall of Buug
- Buug has a total of 27 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Buug as of (2010) = 21,888
- Buug is in the 1st Voting District of Zamboanga Sibugay
- Population of Buug (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 34,289
- Land Area of Buug (as of 2007, in hectares) = 13,406
- Buug is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Buug is in the Zamboanga Sibugay province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Geography of Buug
Location of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
History of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
The annals of Buug’s history relates that the name Buug was derived from the word “bog”, a Subanen word for second growth forest which means the same as the Cebuano-Visayan term buog. According to history, a group of Subanens stumbled upon this “bog” that was blessed with a stream and sufficient supply of water while they were moving from one place to another in search of a safe place to start a living away from marauders who were in search for slaves and things to loot. From then on people began to refer to the “bog” as Buug.
Buug grew into a thriving community through the initiative of the Timuays who held leadership of the community. Word spread out and attracted other settlements to the area. A school was opened which drew in the first trickle of Subanen, Cebuano, and Visayan settlers. And when the Samar Mining Company (SAMICO) opened the Sibuguey project in 1957 at Bobuan (now part of the daughter municipality of Bayog) the next group of settlers flooded in. The same thing happened when the Pagadian-Zamboanga National Highway reached Buug in 1958.
Heavy flocking of newcomers followed when Buug became a municipality through Executive Order No. 380 issued by President Carlos P. Garcia on February 2, 1960. Instrumental to the materialization of this important milestone of Buug was the persistence and hard work of Quirino M. Gonzales, former councilor of Malangas, to pull through until the completion of the goal to make Buug a municipality. Gonzales became the first appointed mayor and was called the Father of Buug.
At present, Buug remains to be one of the thriving social and economic hubs of Zamboanga Sibugay. Credit institutions and commercial businesses have multiplied. Appliance centers and merchandisers with main branches in big cities have invested in the area. Cottage industries have sprouted. Buug being strategically located at the boundary of Zamboanga Del Sur has likewise become a convergence of economic activity.
Moving Buug’s economy are two sectors categorized by the local government; 1.) Agriculture (farming, livestock & poultry, and fisheries) and, 2.) Service Activities (trade/commerce & industry, finance, personal and community services). Its people who worked hard to reach where Buug is right now, are gathered as one with a lengthy celebration of their birth as a municipality every February of the year. They celebrate the Araw Ng Buug with much funfare and cheers. Visitors from neighboring municipalities, provinces, and cities take part in the town’s celebration. (source: verbatim from: http://www.sibugayprovince.com/)
People of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Total Population of Buug
- Elected officials of for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Buug: Jonam Ratilla Lagas
- Vice-Mayor of Buug: Marvin Jessie Gonzales Gako - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Buug:
- LAGAS, JESSIE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 9342 8.67%
- QUINTERO, SHERWIN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 9307 8.64%
- LU PISCOS, ROGER JR. (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 9176 8.52%
- CHUA, WILLIAM CHRISTOPHER (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 9091 8.44%
- JUMAWAN, LEO JOSE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 8755 8.13%
- CURIBA, ROCELO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 8683 8.06%
- PUERTO, CEFERINO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 8298 7.70%
- EMORECHA, SONIA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 8117 7.53%
- Elected officials of for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Buug: Jonam Ratilla Lagas
- Vice-Mayor of Buug: Arnulfo Dondoyano Lim
- Councilors of Buug:
- Elected Oficials of Buug for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Teresita Pague Famor
- Vice-Mayor: Arnulfo Dondoyano Lim
Barangay Officials of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Businesses in Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale in Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Buug, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
The name of your school in Buug can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Buug you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Buug, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Buug Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Buug Zamboanga Sibugay" page.
Natural Resources of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Buug in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Buug. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Buug landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Buug.
Your Story about Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Buug? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Buug. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Buug.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Buug Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga Sibugay Province Photo Gallery]]
*[[Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.