List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur, Project B.O.S.S.
Project B.O.S.S. video in Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
If the video does not show just "reload the page","refresh", or just hit "F5".
- 1 Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur; Project B.O.S.S. Cleft Lip/Palate
- 2 Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division BOSS Photo Gallery
- 3 Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur; Project B.O.S.S. Saving Sight
- 4 Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur; Project B.O.S.S. Cleft Lip/Palate
- 5 Project B.O.S.S. Fund Raiser
Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur; Project B.O.S.S. Cleft Lip/Palate
Aug. 27, 2012 Praise the Lord! Glory be his name! There were 102 harelip afflicted patients who showed up for the Project B.O.S.S. a noble endeavour of our group APO SOZA ALAS in giving free harelip operation in partnership with Maharlika Charity Foundation Inc. (MCFI). The hospital of the 1st Infantry (TABAK) division was the venue, and they hosted likewise the billeting & meals of the MCFI Doctors, Surgeons, Nurses and other technical staff. 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division likewise fed not only the patients but as well as the parents or watchers that came with the patients. The LGU of Labangan likewise contributed in the feeding of the patients and other LGUs as well like Pagadian City, Tukuran, Lapuyan, Bayug those are the LGUs that came to my knowledge for the others were coordinated by the 1st Infantry.
There were 82 patients successfully operated those who were not operated might have been with colds, coughs, fever or other illnesses. We assured them however that those who were not operated could have their chance this coming Sep.10-15 in Baroy Provincial Hospital in Lanao del Norte, there we could handle the cleft palate and hernia as well for ten years old & below. This turn out beat our record set last year in Margosatubig on June 2012 where there were 82 patients who came and 76 were operated.
The advance group of nurses of MCFI arrived at about 7PM last Aug. 22, 2012, the following day some patients showed up mostly from Bayug accompanied by no less than their Councilor Jean Gora and our very own sis Sonia Sabuero ( who was a textmate of mine when her daughter, a soldier, informed me that she is our sis). They brought with them ten patients, and some were fetched personally by sis Sonia some 33 kms from the center of Bayug. Indeed a very commendable service. I had to intervene in their behalf for the 1st Infantry has set the schedule of screening on Aug. 24 & 25, dividing the lists of patients by their proximity giving priority to the far flung places. Good thing they acceded to my request.
The night of Aug. 24, 2102 the Doctors arrived, headed by the project director Dr. Benedict P. Valdez & with him is our brod Butch Mapayo a plastic surgeon, Dr. Aguilar & Laforteza are the Anesthesiologists and Dr. Marialnela Peñera the Pediatrician. They immediately went into action and was able to finish 12 patients till midnight.
On the following day, the 25th, they continued operating, it was stopped earlier than last night for a breather. After dinner we had a little fellowship.
August 26 the operation ended 11:00PM so the culmination ceremony cum cocktails & party started when the doctors arrived straight from the operating room. It was a grand night and surely the CG. Maj.Gen. Rainier G. Cruz would missed it for he was out for some mission. Our group continued the merry making in the quarters of Sgt. Maj Senen Dancalan who is also our brod, it was dawn when we finished.
- In the News:
- Philippine Inforamtion Agency Reports
- Tabak serves venue for ‘Operation Sweet Smile’
- By Gideon C. Corgue
- Tuesday 28th of August 2012
PAGADIAN CITY, August 28 (PIA) -- Parents with cleft palate and cleft lip children on Friday flocked to the 1st Infantry (Tabak) division headquarters to avail of the free cleft lip and palate surgery.
Dubbed “Operation Sweet Smile,” the operation was jointly conducted by the Philippine Army and Alpha Phi Omega, Maharlika Foundation, and Southern Zamboanga Alumni Association (APO-SOZA-ALAS) on August 24-27.
Assistant Chief of Staff for Civil Military Operations Lt. Col. Cornelio Arboleda said the cleft lip operation launched by the 1st infantry division, Maharlika and APO aimed to provide free reconstructive facial surgery to indigent Filipino children and young adults born with cleft palate and cleft lip deformity.
Arboleda said the Tabak commander supported the project because it is a laudable one.
“I am actively supporting this very laudable project because it offers help to indigent families whose children are suffering from facial deformities, Arboleda said, quoting Tabak division commander, BGen Ricardo Rainier Cruz III.
At least 78 children from the province and its neighboring places have registered for the operation.
“We will help these children live a normal life and socialize with other children of their age. These children can now hold their heads up high and smile sweetly after the surgery,” Arboleda said, adding that these children were deprived of the chance to enjoy their youth and were discriminated. (NBE/JPA/GCC/PIA 9-Zambosur)
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for B.O.S.S. Brotherhood Operation Sight & Smile.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division BOSS Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:BOSS Photo Gallery]]
*[[Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur, Project B.O.S.S.]]
Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur; Project B.O.S.S. Saving Sight
June 23-24, 2013 the second coming of our group this time for Saving Sight. Mabuhay Deseret Foundation (MDF) was our partner who provided the lenses, goggles, pre & post operative medicines. The 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division again generously hosted the noble undertaking. The able and kind hearted surgeons who performed the operations were Dr. Egay Legaspi, Dr. Ramcarl Blancia, both from Pagadian City, & Dr. Tito Dejos and his three resident doctors, they are from Cagayan de Oro City, they stayed for a half day only. There were 34 cataract patients successfully operated and 27 pterygium excisions. 10 more were handled to Doctors Legaspi & Blancia, for operation, even after the mission for the microscope bogged down. The needed materials and medicines were left by MDF.
There were prior pre screening of patients that was held in Tabak hospital last May 19, 2013 followed on June 12 & finally in June 20, 2013. The first screening yielded 128 prospective patients, the second screening 115 patients arrived aside from those who were asked to come back with laboratory results. Those examned last June 12 were asked to return with the results on the 20thand those few that arrived on the 20th were asked to come back on the day of the operation with results.
Upper Pulacan 1st Infantry (TABAK) Division, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur; Project B.O.S.S. Cleft Lip/Palate
April 20-24, 2016 the fifth replication, eclipsing the record established in our first mission by a dozen with a lot less mortality. Our partner here is ACPPI, Advance Craniofacial Projects Philippines Inc. Headed by Dr. Rico P. Nebres, a Plastic Surgeon. LtCol. Benedicto Manquiquis was the CO of CMO Battalion, accomplishing a feat that would take sometime to be at least equaled if not surpassed. ZDS Multi Laboratory this time became a major sponsor for they waived the blood chemistry test, only the Xray were paid. Dr. Nylene Arizala-Tan was our anesthesiologist, RN Maey Abecendario-Padilla the head nurse, and ably assisted by RN Graceedee Cruz. RN Francis Contrerras together with the doctora arrived April 21, 2016. Local nurses from Hofileña Hospital volunteered, they were RN Marl June R. Manlapao, RN Marice Angelique D. Palatero & RN Cherry May N. Itum. Boodle fight followed and awarding of certificates plus key chain cum bottle opener were given by Chief of Hospital Dr. Col. Arsenio Belen ably assisted by LtC. Benedicto Manquiquis. The medic crew flew back to Manila on the morning of April 24, 2016 and we sent them off.
Project B.O.S.S. Fund Raiser
Project B.O.S.S. Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile is a non-profit organization registered with the Security and Exchange Commission. Project B.O.S.S. renders Free surgical restoration to patients with harelip and cleft palate.
We welcome your contributions.
- Bel T. Yenko: email: email@example.com
- Babes C. Rota: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- +63-920-950-1925 or
- +63-917-635-1925 or
- +63-920-955-1925 or
- For your donation please click Here
We also invite you to participate as a sponsor for our fund raiser, the bicycle race called "Tour de Zamboanga" as described below:
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: POSTPONED. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - : Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - : Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - : Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - : Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage