List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
- DOT records 4.1 M int’l tourists arrivals in H1
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- For the first half 2019, a total of 4,133,050 international tourists visited the Philippines, marking a 11.43 percent increase from last year’s figures, according to the Department of Tourism (DOT).
- “We have already breached the 4 million mark within the first 6 months of the year. Seven years ago, it took the entire year to reach 4 million tourists. The Philippine tourism industry has indeed come a long way with better and increased connectivity. New, rehabilitated and expanded airports have contributed much to this growth.,” said tourism chief Bernadette Romulo-Puyat ........... Full Story»
- Earnings of Philippine banks up 26% in H1
- Monday, August 12, 2019 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines — Profits of Philippine banks surged 26.4 percent in the first half of the year to P109.77 billion from P86.87 billion due to higher interest and non-interest earnings, according to preliminary data from the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
- The BSP said the operating income of banks recorded a double-digit 12.2 percent increase from P323.83 billion to P363.32 billion, as net interest income jumped 31.7 percent from P326.06 billion to P429.55 billion ........... Full Story»