Difference between revisions of "Zamboanga del Sur Province, Philippines"

Jump to navigation Jump to search
→ → Go back HOME to Zamboanga: the Portal to the Philippines.
Line 71: Line 71:
|}
|}
==Featured News of The Philippines==
==Featured News of The Philippines==
Updated: February 23, 2022
Updated: February 24, 2022


'''Tacloban mayor suspends work, classes due to heavy rains'''.<br>
'''Sara meets with Oriental Mindoro leaders'''.<br>
TACLOBAN CITY – Mayor Alfred Romualdez has suspended classes and work in the city government here on Wednesday afternoon due to heavy rains in some parts of Eastern Visayas region. In an Executive Order issued before noon on Wednesday, Romualdez canceled classes and work as “precautionary measures and in anticipation of any developments that may arise out of the weather disturbance.” Since Tuesday, the region has been experiencing cloudy skies with moderate to at times heavy rainfall, which may result in landslides and flooding in low-lying areas, according to an early morning forecast of the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA).
ORIENTAL MINDORO Vice presidential aspirant, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte, thanked Oriental Mindoro Governor Humerlito “Bonz” Dolor and lawmakers Rep. Paulino Leachon (1st District) and Rep. Alfonso Umali Jr. (2nd District) for supporting her candidacy. “Maraming salamat po unang-una sa oras at oportunidad na ibinigay ninyo sa akin na makasama kayo, makilala kayo, at makapagbigay ng maikling mensahe para sa inyong lahat (Thank you so much for the time and opportunity you’ve given me to meet with you, know you, and give you a short message),” Sara said during her visit to this province on February 22. Duterte called on Dolor at the Capitol gym to meet with a crowd of drivers, operators, and other members of the transport sector.
<br>
<br>
→|||||←<br>
→|||||←<br>
'''4.5K Albay youths get wages under DOLE employment program'''<br>
'''Koronadal opens add’l 3K tricycle franchises'''<br>
LEGAZPI CITY – A total of 4,531 students and out-of-school youths (OSYs) in Albay received their salaries after working in government offices under the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). Emma P. Acuña, DOLE-Bicol regional employment focal person, told the Philippine News Agency on Wednesday: “Each beneficiary receives a total of PHP10,500 in exchange for 20 working days. Albay provincial government paid the initial 60 percent of the salary amounting to PHP6,300 while the remaining 40 percent amounting to PHP4,200 was shouldered by the DOLE.
KORONADAL CITY – The city franchising office here is now accepting applications for new motorized tricycle operators' permits (MTOPs) open to 3,174 additional tricycle franchises. Karen Klietz Pacardo, head of the city franchising office, said they are targeting to accommodate 640 franchise applications per day. To ensure that minimum health standards will be followed, the city government chose Rizal Park here as the venue for application processing. “For fast processing and to avoid the applicants staying longer at the venue, we have designated four stations and each station have the same steps,” Pacardo said in an interview on Thursday. Pacardo said applications for new franchises started Wednesday and will end on February 27.


Source: "[https://www.pna.gov.ph/ PNA.GOV.PH]"
Source: "[https://www.pna.gov.ph/ PNA.GOV.PH]"

Navigation menu