Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Barangays of Sergio Osmena Sr., in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Antonino • Bagong Baguio • Bagumbayan • Biayon • Buenavista • Dampalan • Danao • Don Eleno • Kauswagan • Labiray • Liwanag • Mabuhay • Macalibre • Mahayahay • Marapong • Nazareth • Nebo • New Rizal • New Tangub • Nuevavista • Pedagan • Penacio • Poblacion Alto • Poblacion Bajo • Princesa Freshia • Princesa Lamaya • San Antonio • San Francisco • San Isidro • San Jose • San Juan • Sinaad • Sinai • Situbo • Tinago • Tinindugan • Tuburan • Venus • Wilben
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
- Sergio Osmena Sr. is in the Zamboanga del Norte province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of (25) Municipalities and (2) Cities in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Baliguian || Godod || Gutalac || Jose Dalman || Kalawit || Katipunan || La Libertad || Labason || Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan) || Liloy || Manukan || Mutia || Pinan || Polanco || Pres. Manuel Roxas || Rizal || Salug || Sergio Osmena Sr. || Siayan || Sibuco || Sibutad || Sindangan || Siocon || Sirawai || Tampilisan
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City - Capital
|All 691 barangays in the province of Zamboanga del Norte has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates or picture uploads will be greatly appreciated.|
Seal of Sergio Osmena Sr.
|br>Sergio Osmena Sr. within Zamboanga del Norte|
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines|
Zamboanga del Norte within the Philippines
Market Center Terminal, Poblacion Alto, Sergio Osmena
Corn Processing Center, Poblacion Alto, Sergio Osmena
Waterfall at Bagobantay, Sergio Osmena, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Integrated Bus Terminal, Poblacion Alto, Sergio Osmena
Integrated Bus Terminal, Poblacion Alto, Sergio Osmena
Market Center Terminal, Poblacion Alto, Sergio Osmena
- Sergio Osmena Sr. has a total of 39 barangays
- Registered Voters of Sergio Osmena Sr. as of (2010) = 16,786
- Sergio Osmena Sr. is in the 1st Voting District of Zamboanga del Norte
- Population of Sergio Osmena Sr. (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 29,049
- Land Area of Sergio Osmena Sr. (as of 2007, in hectares) = 55,644
- Sergio Osmena Sr. is a 2nd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Sergio Osmena Sr. is in the Zamboanga del Norte province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Sergio Osmena Sr. Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 55,644
The topographic situation of the Municipality of Sergio Osmeña ranges from plain, slightly rolling, and hilly to mountainous. The plain areas, slightly rolling to rolling areas constitute approximately sixty percent (60%) of the total land area. The severely rolling with an estimated height of approximately 2,850 feet above sea level constitute forty percent (40%) of the total area.
The slope of the land is one of the factors considered in determining the suitability of lands for urban development as well as its capabilities for agricultural cultivation. The different slope categories used as basis for settlement planning are the following:
Levels to moderately sloping areas that have good soil characteristics are favorable for cultivation and urban utilization. Strongly sloping to mountainous condition renders the land highly prone to soil erosion and unfavorable for agricultural production and urban development.
There are approximately forty percent (40%) of the total land area of the municipality that have a slope of eighteen percent and above. These areas are strongly sloping to mountainous. Most of these areas are open grasslands although several patches of these are planted with diversified crops. Because of the soil characteristics in these areas, these are best suited to the establishment of tree Farms to keep the soil from further erosion. These areas are mostly situated at barangay Tinago, Bagumbayan, and the forest areas near the boundary between the municipality of Pres. Manuel A. Roxas and Siayan, all within the Province of Zamboanga del Norte. Due to its soil characteristics, these are presently being reforested, while some portions are left as open grassland.
Areas having slopes of zero to less than eighteen percent (0-18%) constitute approximately sixty percent (60%) of the total land area. These are currently planted with diversified crops like palay, corn, legumes, vegetables, root crops and tree species.
Location of Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Sergio Osmena Sr. is in the Zamboanga del Norte province.
- Zamboanga del Norte is within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
The municipality of Sergio Osmeña, Sr. is situated on the northeastern part of the province of Zamboanga del Norte. it is located approximately forty-eight (48) kilometers east of Dipolog City the Provincial Capital, or two hours ride from the City of Dipolog. The town is accessible by four wheeled vehicles through the National Highway connecting Zamboanga del Norte to its twin province, Zamboanga del Sur. Technically, the municipality is described as follows:
“ From the intersection of longitude 123-10-00 and latitude 8-20-00 in a straight line due east until it intersects the provincial boundary of Misamis Occidental and Zamboanga del Norte with longitude 123-33-30: thence due south to latitude 8-13-00; thence due west until it intersects longitude 123-10-00; thence due north until reaches to the point of beginning.”
In shape, it appears to be rectangular. It is bounded on the north by the municipalities of Pres. Manuel Roxas, Katipunan, Polanco, Piñan and Mutia; on the south by Province of Zamboanga del Sur; on the east by the Province of Misamis Occidental; and on the west by the municipalities of Jose Dalman and Siayan.
As of 2009, the Municipality of Sergio Osmeña, Sr. has 55,644 hectares of land within its juridical boundaries. These are distributed among its thirty-nine (39) barangays. Categorically, these land areas are identified as follows 13,986 hectares Strategic Crp Development zone; 12,787 hectares Agro-Forestry Zone; 6,351 hectares for Remaining Network protected areas for agricultural development; 18,416 hectares forest and watershed areas; and 3,104 hectares built-up areas.
Like the rest of the province, the land area of the municipality of Sergio Osmeña, Sr. is mostly agricultural with 32,549 hectares being cultivated for crop production and the remaining 2,174 hectares classified as open grassland or pastureland. The settlement areas on the other hand include the areas used for residential, commercial, institutional, industrial and other purposes.
History of Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The Municipality of Sergio Osmeña Sr. is one of the 25 municipalities comprising the Province of Zamboanga del Norte. She was created by virtue of Republic Act No. 3697 dated September 14, 1963.
The municipality was carved out of the municipality of Piñan. The barangays that originally comprise the new municipality were Sibulan, Dampalan, Labag, princesa Lamaya and Marapong. Barangay Sibulan was the seat of the new municipal government.
The first appointed municipal mayor was Hon. Lorenzo Collera, a former official of the Philippine Constabulary. He was the first and only appointed Municipal Mayor of the town. In 1964 Bienvenido Andilab was elected Municipal Mayor. He served for 20 years until his untimely death on May 4, 1984. Hon. Benjamin D. Butanas, his Vice-Mayor succeeded and served the seat until EDSA Revolution in February 1986. Dr. Rudy A. Clamohoy acted as mayor-designate up to his appointment on January 18, 1988.
Then on May 11, 1998, the municipality elected new set of officials to administer the local government unit. These officials were overwhelmingly favored due to their utmost dedication for the development of the municipality as well as in serving the municipal constituents.
People of Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Population of Sergio Osmena Sr. (as of 2020 Census) = 31,942
- Population of Sergio Osmena Sr. (as of 2015 Census) = 30,220
- Population of Sergio Osmena Sr. (as of May 1, 2010 Census) = 29,453
- Sergio Osmena Sr. Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 29,049
- Sergio Osmena Sr. Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 16,786
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president unless an official complaint has been filed. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected officials of Sergio Osmena Sr. for the term of 2019-2022
- Mayor of Sergio Osmena Sr.: MAGSALAY, AUGUSTINES
- Vice-Mayor of Sergio Osmena Sr.: BENDIJO, ARIEL
- Councilors of Sergio Osmena Sr.:
- BUTALID, AMPARO
- TISO, SUNNY
- ANDILAB, RUBEN
- ELICO, ALAN
- PALOMARES, ZOSIMO
- VILLAMIN, BADOR
- MATUTE, BIENVENIDO
- ALBORIA, ALDREN
- Elected officials of Sergio Osmena Sr. for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Sergio Osmena Sr.: No data from Comelec
- Vice-Mayor of Sergio Osmena Sr.: No data from Comelec
- Councilors of Sergio Osmena Sr.:No data from Comelec
- Elected officials of Sergio Osmena Sr. for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Sergio Osmena Sr.: MAGSALAY, RICHARD - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- Vice-Mayor of Sergio Osmena Sr.: CHUA, ROGER - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- Councilors of Sergio Osmena Sr.:
- MAGSALAY, AUGUSTINES (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 6893 9.61%
- JUMAWAN, CHITO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5441 7.58%
- CALASANG, EFREN (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 5062 7.05%
- EMPEYNADO, DODOY INDEPENDENT 4813 6.71%
- ANDILAB, ERNIE (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 4396 6.13%
- BONGCAWIL, RENATO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 4209 5.87%
- BENDIJO, ARIEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 4108 5.73%
- LANTICSE, LONGENUS (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 4018 5.60%
- Elected officials of Sergio Osmena Sr. for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Sergio Osmena Sr.: Augustines Jumawan Magsalay
- Vice-Mayor of Sergio Osmena Sr.: Roel Perez Antiquina
- Councilors of Sergio Osmena Sr.:
- Elected officials of Sergio Osmena Sr. for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Augustines Jumawan Magsalay
- Vice-Mayor: Roel Perez Antiquina
This is the.
- Every Government Unit in the Philippines is within a Barangay. The municipal hall, city hall, the provincial capitol building, and even the Malacañang Palace where the president resides is within a Barangay.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress. Not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads or any infrastructure need to be built, improved or repaired, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and present it to the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
- Each city or municipality is represented by the "barangay association or federation". The elected president of the Association of Barangay Council and the President of Kabataan (SK) association each have a seat in the City/Municipality council. Their powers are the same and equal to the elected city/municipality councilors. They are there to help lobby the demands of the barangays. They are not there just to collect a big salary and rub elbows with the regular elected city/municipality council, but to also represent the needs of the barangays.
- The duties of the barangay officials are specifically written in Chapter III(Punong Barangay) and Chapter IV (The Sangguniang Barangay). Read it..
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, the "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove or suspend any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president unless an official complaint has been filed, there must be proof and there must be due process. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4, Section 60. Information is power. Be informed. Do not be intimidated by the president, senator, congressman, governor, mayor, vice-mayor, or councilors. Do your job.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- If the power lines are sagging, don't go to the power company, go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the power company.
- If the water lines are busted, don't wait for the water company, go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the water company.
- If the potholes in the road are not fixed, don't wait for the The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the DPWH.
- Are you beginning to get the point?
Cleaning the shorelines, drainage systems, streets, rivers, and parks within your barangay is YOUR responsibility. You are accountable for this. It is not the responsibility of the City/Municipality officials. The citizens and officials of the barangay are responsible. Stop blaming others.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. Even the candidate for president. But after the election they ignore you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
Featured News of The Philippine
Updated: September 23, 2022
Baguio promotes urban farming to boost food supply.
BAGUIO CITY – Residents here are encouraged to engage in urban agriculture for a sustainable source of food as the local government crafts the city’s agriculture development plan. Councilor Isabelo Cosalan, who chairs the committee on agriculture at the Baguio City council, said the city will come up with a development plan that is doable and will bring prosperity.
Benguet state U opens extension classes in 2 remote towns
LA TRINIDAD, Benguet – The Benguet State University (BSU) is bringing tertiary education closer to far-flung towns in the province through the opening of extension classes. BSU President Dr. Felipe Comila, in a press briefing Friday, said 120 freshman students from the towns of Kabayan and Kapangan have enrolled in education and criminology courses for the first semester of the school year.
Businesses in Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Sergio Osmena Sr., you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, classes for the year 2021-2022 will be opened but will be monitored.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Sergio Osmena Sr. can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Sergio Osmena Sr. you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Sergio Osmena Sr., you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Sergio Osmena Sr. Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Sergio Osmena Sr. Zamboanga del Norte" page.
Natural Resources of Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Sergio Osmena Sr. in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Sergio Osmena Sr.. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Sergio Osmena Sr. landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Sergio Osmena Sr.? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Sergio Osmena Sr.. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Sergio Osmena Sr. Photo Gallery
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Sergio Osmena Sr..
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Sergio Osmena Sr., Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.