Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Barangays of Salcedo in the Eastern Samar province within Region VIII-Eastern Visayas of the Republic of The Philippines
Abejao • Alog • Asgad • Bagtong • Balud • Barangay 1 (Pob.) • Barangay 2 (Pob.) • Barangay 3 (Pob.) • Barangay 4 (Pob.) • Barangay 5 (Pob.) • Barangay 6 (Pob.) • Barangay 7 (Pob.) • Barangay 8 (Pob.) • Barangay 9 (Pob.) • Barangay 10 (Pob.) • Barangay 11 (Pob.) • Barangay 12 (Pob.) • Barangay 13 (Pob.) • Buabua • Burak • Butig • Cagaut • Camanga • Cantomoja • Carapdapan • Caridad • Casili-on • Iberan • Jagnaya • Lusod • Malbog • Maliwaliw • Matarinao • Naparaan • Palanas • San Roque (Bugay) • Santa Cruz • Seguinon • Tacla-on • Tagbacan • Talangdawan •
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
Salcedo within Eastern Samar Province
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Eastern Samar|
Eastern Samar Province within The Philippines
Location of Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- Seguinon is one of the Barangays of Salcedo.
- Salcedo is in the Province of Eastern Samar
- The province of Eastern Samar is in Region 8 – Eastern Visayas Region.
History of Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Contribute your knowledge about the history of Seguinon
People of Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- Population of Seguinon, SALCEDO as of 2020 census: 437
Elected Government Officials of Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
|Republic Act No. 11462 Approved: 03 December 2019: That the barangay and sangguniang kabataan elections on the second Monday of May 2020 shall be postponed to December 5, 2022. The elected barangay officials as of May 14, 2018 will serve until December of 2022.|
- Elected Officers of Seguinon for the term of 2018 - 2020
- Barangay Kagawads/Councilors: 7 members: Need their names
- Sangguniang Kabataan (SK officials)
- SK Chairman: ?
- SK kagawad: 7 members - need their names
- Elected Seguinon Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Eastern Samar, Salcedo, Seguinon, Punong Barangay (Chairman), Pablo N Apalaca Jr
- Eastern Samar, Salcedo, Seguinon, Kagawad 1, Antonio A Sabido
- Eastern Samar, Salcedo, Seguinon, Kagawad 2, Felisa O Basijan
- Eastern Samar, Salcedo, Seguinon, Kagawad 3, Lilibeth L Bulfa
- Eastern Samar, Salcedo, Seguinon, Kagawad 4, Isidro B Abletes
- Eastern Samar, Salcedo, Seguinon, Kagawad 5, Ma.Joy M Elale
- Eastern Samar, Salcedo, Seguinon, Kagawad 6, Rowena M Sario
- Eastern Samar, Salcedo, Seguinon, Kagawad 7, Michael S Fabillar
- Eastern Samar, Salcedo, Seguinon, SK Chairman, Reymark A Fabillar
Businesses in Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Seguinon.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Take a picture of your Business in Seguinon. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Businesses in Seguinon
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Seguinon, you can list that property for FOR FREE.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, classes for the year 2021-2022 will be opened but will be monitored.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The schools in Seguinon
Economy of Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Seguinon, Salcedo you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Seguinon, Salcedo, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Seguinon, Salcedo. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Seguinon. This will help boost the local economy of Seguinon. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Seguinon landmarks here.
- Places to see in Seguinon:
Fiestas and Traditions of Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Fiesta date of Seguinon
Your Story about Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Tell your story about Seguinon. You can talk about the good things in Seguinon or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Seguinon. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Seguinon? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Seguinon. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Seguinon? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Seguinon? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Seguinon.
Sports News: updated 11/10/21
Kaya Iloilo sweeps Group B in Copa '21
MANILA – Kaya Iloilo pipped Mendiola with a 6-0 beating on Wednesday night to complete a sweep of Group B action in the Copa Paulino Alcantara at the PFF National Training Centre in Carmona.
A Jovin Bedic brace in the first half set the tone for the inaugural tournament champ even as the club netted three goals in each of the two halves to seal the top seed in its group ahead of the semifinals next week.
Bedic capitalized on an erroneous Mendiola attempt to keep the ball out of his reach and quickly raced inside the penalty box to open the scoring for Kaya Iloilo in the 11th minute.
News and Events
Updated: September 23, 2022
Baguio promotes urban farming to boost food supply.
BAGUIO CITY – Residents here are encouraged to engage in urban agriculture for a sustainable source of food as the local government crafts the city’s agriculture development plan. Councilor Isabelo Cosalan, who chairs the committee on agriculture at the Baguio City council, said the city will come up with a development plan that is doable and will bring prosperity.
Benguet state U opens extension classes in 2 remote towns
LA TRINIDAD, Benguet – The Benguet State University (BSU) is bringing tertiary education closer to far-flung towns in the province through the opening of extension classes. BSU President Dr. Felipe Comila, in a press briefing Friday, said 120 freshman students from the towns of Kabayan and Kapangan have enrolled in education and criminology courses for the first semester of the school year.
Why Z-Wiki Seguinon, Salcedo?
We want to give the people of Seguinon the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Seguinon is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Seguinon participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to Seguinon.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Seguinon.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Seguinon, Salcedo Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Salcedo, Eastern Samar Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Eastern Samar, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Seguinon, Salcedo, Eastern Samar, Philippines]]