List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Sarangani Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Sarangani province within REGION XII (Soccsksargen) in the Republic of The Philippines
Alabel (Capital) | Glan | Kiamba | Maasim | Maitum | Malapatan | Malungon
Cities in the Province of Sarangani: NONE
Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
Provincial Seal of Sarangani
|Guaranteed one senator to represent Region XII (Soccsksargen) and its provinces, cities/municipalities and barangays.|
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Sarangani|
Sarangani within the Island of Mindanao
Provincial Capitol of Sarangani
Provincial Capitol of Sarangani
|Province of Sarangani, Philippines|
- 1 Location of Sarangani, Philippines
- 2 History of Sarangani, Philippines
- 3 People of Sarangani, Philippines
- 4 Elected Government Officials of Sarangani, Philippines
- 5 Businesses in Sarangani, Philippines
- 6 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Sarangani, Philippines
- 7 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Sarangani, Philippines
- 8 Schools in Sarangani, Philippines
- 9 Economy of Sarangani, Philippines
- 10 Natural Resources of Sarangani, Philippines
- 11 Tourists Attractions of Sarangani, Philippines
- 12 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Sarangani, Philippines
- 13 Philippine News
- 14 Sarangani Zip Codes
- 15 Sarangani, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 16 The oldest living man or woman in Sarangani, Philippines
- 17 Sarangani, Philippines Photo Gallery
- 18 Disclaimer
Location of Sarangani, Philippines
- 5.8667° N, 125.2833° E - Sarangani, Coordinates
- Source: Wikipedia - Vebatim
Sarangani is a province of the Philippines located in the SOCCSKSARGEN region in Mindanao. Its capital is Alabel and borders South Cotabato to the north and Davao del Sur to the east.
Sarangani is part of the South Cotabato-Sultan Kudarat-Sarangani-Gen. Santos City (Socsksargen) development cluster, and is linked by paved roads to the international airport and world-class fish port of Gen. Santos City. Good roads and regular flights through Gen. Santos City allow the province easy access to Manila, Cebu, Davao City, as well as the rest of the Socsksargen areas. Gen. Santos City’s airport has one of the country’s longest runways.
The province is situated as the country’s major gateway to the Brunei-Indonesia-Malaysia-the Philippines - East Asean Growth Area. With its proximity to its regional counterparts, Sarangani is in a unique position to marshal its resources, entice tourists and investors, and compete in an international market under a borderless trade regime.
Strategically located at the southernmost tip of Mindanao, the province is protected by the resource-rich Sarangani Bay. Beyond this is the Celebes Sea, which is the province’s access to the rest of the world.
Bordered by over 230 kms. of unspoiled coastline, Sarangani offers more than 4,400 sq. kms. of typhoon-free land and marine resources, largely untapped tourism potentials, and vast investment possibilities.
The province is divided into two parts, separated by the Sarangani Bay and General Santos City, and it used to be part of South Cotabato until it was made an independent province in 1992.
History of Sarangani, Philippines
- Source: Wikipedia - Verbatim
The early inhabitants who first inhabited Sarangani were the indigenous natives, called "MunaTo," a native term for "first people."
In 1942, the Japanese troops occupied Southern Cotabato (now. Sarangani).
In 1945, Filipino troops of the 6th, 10th, 101st and 102nd Infantry Division of the Philippine Commonwealth Army and 10th Infantry Regiment of the Philippine Constabulary entered and liberated in Southern Cotabato (now. Sarangani) and fought against the Japanese Imperial Army forces during the Battle of Cotabato at the end of World War II under the Japanese Occupation.
Before its inception in 1992, Sarangani was part of South Cotabato and held its title as the Third District of South Cotabato. The province was created by Republic Act No. 7228 on March 16, 1992, penned by the late Congressman, James L. Chiongbian. His wife, Priscilla L. Chiongbian is the first Governor of Sarangani. They are known as the Father and Mother of Sarangani Province.
Sarangani celebrates its foundation anniversary every month of November, named as "MunaTo Festival."
People of Sarangani, Philippines
- For 2015 Sarangani Population = 544,261
- For 2010 Sarangani Population = 475,514
- Registered Voters as of 2010: 221,832
- Elected officials of Sarangani for the term of 2016-2019
- Provincial Governor of Sarangani: Steve Chiongbian Solon
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Sarangani: Elmer "Dokie" Tugaoen De Peralta
- House Representative of Sarangani: Rogelio Pacquiao
- First District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- George Falgui
- Cornelio, Martinez
- Jess Bascuña
- Rosemarie Sayo
- Second District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Cyril John Rustico Yap
- Hermie Galzote
- Virgilio Tobias
- Arman Guili
- Cesar Nallos
- Abdulracman Pangolima
- Elected officials of Sarangani for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Sarangani: Steve Chiongbian Solon - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Sarangani: Pacquiao, Jinkee Jamora - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT
- House Representative of Sarangani:Emmanuel "Manny" Dapidran Pacquiao - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT
- First District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Elmer "Dokie" Tugaoen De Peralta
- Reganit, Alexander Bryan Basquenez
- Martinez, Cornelio Jr. Callueng
- Falgui, George Flauta
- Second District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Alzate, Eugene Lariza
- Galzote, Hermie Cariaso
- Tobias, Virgilio Clark
- Guili, Arman Uy
- Pangolima, Abdulracman Kamad
- Nallos, Cesar Jr. Baculna
- Elected officials of Sarangani for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Sarangani: Miguel Rene Alcantara Dominguez
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Sarangani: Steve Chiongbian Solon
- House Representative of Sarangani:Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao
- Provincial Board Members of Sarangani:
- Elected officials of Sarangani for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Sarangani for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Sarangani for the term of 2007-2010
Barangays Elected Officials of Sarangani
Businesses in Sarangani, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Sarangani, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Sarangani, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Sarangani, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Sarangani here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Sarangani here.
- List the Methodist churches in Sarangani here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Sarangani here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Sarangani here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Sarangani here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Sarangani here.
- List the Baptist churches in Sarangani here.
Schools in Sarangani, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, the opening of classes for the year 2020-2021 is deferred to October 5, 2020.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Sarangani can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Sarangani, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Sarangani you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Sarangani, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Sarangani, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Sarangani Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of Sarangani, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Sarangani, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Sarangani in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Sarangani. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Sarangani landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Sarangani, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
- 6% growth target stays
- Monday, Septembe 16, 2019
- The Department of Finance (DOF) said the government is maintaining its growth target of six percent or higher this year, even as the economy settled at only 5.5 percent growth in the first semester given the delay in the enactment of the 2019 General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- Carlos Dominguez, finance secretary, also said to avoid a repeat of the 2019 budget delay, leaders of both the Senate and the House of Representatives are meeting every month to monitor the progress on the budget and the 25 priority bills enumerated in the 4th State-of-the-Nation Address ........... Full Story»
- Stocks up, peso stronger
- Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Share prices ended higher yesterday as investors tracked overseas leads to trade the market.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) was up 70.20 points to 7,858.65, a 0.9 percent hike ........... Full Story»
- Inaugural triathlon at New Clark City set
- Monday, August 16, 2019 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines — All is set for the New Clark City Triathlon which is the first triathlon event to be held at the New Clark City Sports Complex in Capas, Tarlac on Oct. 19-20.
- GoClark Sports and Events has partnered with presenting sponsor Robinsons Land Corp. in this triathlon featuring the swim event at the Aquatics Center, the 20km bike in the newly built New Clark City-SCTex connecting road and the run course in the sports complex, including the warm-up athletic track, the river park and a finish lap around the 20,000-seater Athletics Stadium ............................... Full Story»
Sarangani Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
Sarangani, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
The oldest living man or woman in Sarangani, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest living man or woman is in Sarangani? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Sarangani. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Living Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Sarangani.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Sarangani, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Sarangani Province, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.