Region 15 BARMM : Cities and Provinces in Region XV - BARMM Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Connect with Family! Connect with old friends! Click on any letter below.
Connect with new friends!
When you find a RELATIVE or FRIEND in Zamboanga Wiki, Link your pages. Connect with the world!!
It’s FREE and SIMPLE. Our Social Network at Work for You.
Create your own Profile. Start a Genealogy Page
Post only information you want to share.
Official Seal of ARMM (Bangsamoro)
|Guaranteed one senator to represent Region 15 (BARMM) and its provinces, cities/municipalities and barangays.|
|The ARMM (Bangsamoro) region is in the southern part of the Philippines. Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao or ARMM was created on August 1, 1989 through Republic Act No. 6734 otherwise known as the Organic Act. Later the RA 9054 of 2001.
It is listed here as one of the 17 regions of the Philippines. However, this region is autonomous and governs itself and not by the Philippine government. The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) (who "Assist the President in the exercise of general supervision over local governments")has no power over the ARMM (Bangsamoro). It has 5 provinces, 3 cities (it was 2 till 2021), 116 municipalities, and 2,590 barangays (it was 2,490 until 2021).
The creation of the ARMM (Bangsamoro) violated the constitution of the Philippines, specifically the "separation of church and state". The region ARMM was created for the Muslims who are the followers of religion of Islam.
Included in 2001 except for the city of Isabela which is part of Region IX
List of 11 Municipalities in the Basilan province within Region XV - ARMM in the Republic of The Philippines
Akbar | Al-Barka | Hadji Mohammad Ajul | Hadji Muhtamad | Lantawan | Maluso | Sumisip | Tabuan-Lasa | Tipo-Tipo | Tuburan | Ungkaya Pukan
Cities in Basilan: Isabela City (Not part of ARMM) | Lamitan City
List of 39 Municipalities in the Lanao del Sur province within Region XV - ARMM in the Republic of The Philippines
Amai Manabilang (Bumbaran) || Bacolod-Kalawi || Balabagan || Balindong || Bayang || Binidayan || Buadiposo-Buntong || Bubong || Butig || Calanogas || Ditsaan-Ramain || Ganassi || Kapai || Kapatagan || Lumba-Bayabao || Lumbaca-Unayan || Lumbatan || Lumbayanague || Madalum || Madamba || Maguing || Malabang || Marantao || Marogong || Masiu || Mulondo || Pagayawan || Piagapo || Picong || Poona Bayabao || Pualas || Saguiaran || Sultan Dumalondong || Tagoloan II || Tamparan || Taraka || Tubaran || Tugaya || Wao
Cities in the Province of Lanao del Sur: Islamic City of Marawi (Capital)
List of 33 Municipalities in the Maguindanao province within Region XV - ARMM in the Republic of The Philippines
Ampatuan || Barira || Buldon || Buluan || Datu Abdullah Sangki || Datu Anggal Midtimbang || Datu Blah T. Sinsuat || Datu Hoffer Ampatuan || Datu Odin Sinsuat || Datu Paglas || Datu Piang || Datu Saudi-Ampatuan || Datu Salibo || Datu Unsay || Gen. S. K. Pendatun || Guindulungan || Kabuntalan || Mamasapano || Mangudadatu || Matanog || Northern Kabuntalan || Pagagawan || Pagalungan || Paglat || Pandag || Parang || Rajah Buayan || Shariff Aguak (Capital) || Shariff Saydona Mustapha || South Upi || Sultan Kudarat || Sultan Mastura || Sultan Sa Barongis || Talayan || Sultan Sumagka(Talitay) || Upi
List of 19 Municipalities in the Sulu province within Region XV - BARMM in the Republic of The Philippines
Banguingui (formerly Tongkil) • Hadji Panglima Tahil (Marunggas) • Indanan • Jolo (Capital) • Kalingalan Caluang • Lugus • Luuk • Maimbung • Old Panamao • Omar • Pandami • Panglima Estino (New Panamao) • Pangutaran • Parang • Pata • Patikul • Siasi • Talipao • Tapul
Cities in the Province of Sulu: NONE
List of 11 Municipalities in the Tawi-Tawi province within Region XV - ARMM in the Republic of The Philippines
Bongao (Capital) | Languyan | Mapun | Panglima Sugala | Sapa-Sapa | Sibutu | Simunul | Sitangkai | South Ubian | Tandubas | Turtle Islands
Cities in the Province of Tawi-Tawi: NONE
Shariff Kabunsuan Province, Philippines
Included in October 29, 2006. However On July 17, 2008, the Supreme Court, in Sema v. Comelec declared the creation of the province of Shariff Kabunsuan void and ruled that the power of ARMM’s legislature to create provinces and cities is unconstitutional.
Featured News of The Philippines
Updated: October 1, 2022
Bacolod hotels fully booked for Masskara; P5-B revenue expected.
BACOLOD CITY – Mayor Alfredo Abelardo Benitez bared on Friday that hotels and other accommodation establishments here are already fully booked for the highlights of the Masskara Festival as he estimated PHP5 billion in revenues during the three-week festivity. “I learned that for the last week, it’s fully booked. The first and second week, 80 to 90 percent. I have asked the Department of Tourism and the head of the City Tourism Office to conduct a head count,” he said.
Zambo City bans drone-flying during Hermosa Festival
ZAMBOANGA CITY – Flying of drones over certain places, bringing of backpacks, and wearing of baseball caps are banned to ensure the safety and security of attendees in the Zamboanga Hermosa Festival that reeled off Saturday. The highlight of the Zamboanga Hermosa Festival is the feast of Our Lady of the Pillar, the most revered saint of this city, on October 12.
This is the.
- Every Government Unit in the Philippines is within a Barangay. The municipal hall, city hall, the provincial capitol building, and even the Malacañang Palace where the president resides is within a Barangay.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress. Not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads or any infrastructure need to be built, improved or repaired, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and present it to the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
- Each city or municipality is represented by the "barangay association or federation". The elected president of the Association of Barangay Council and the President of Kabataan (SK) association each have a seat in the City/Municipality council. Their powers are the same and equal to the elected city/municipality councilors. They are there to help lobby the demands of the barangays. They are not there just to collect a big salary and rub elbows with the regular elected city/municipality council, but to also represent the needs of the barangays.
- The duties of the barangay officials are specifically written in Chapter III(Punong Barangay) and Chapter IV (The Sangguniang Barangay). Read it..
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, the "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove or suspend any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president unless an official complaint has been filed, there must be proof and there must be due process. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4, Section 60. Information is power. Be informed. Do not be intimidated by the president, senator, congressman, governor, mayor, vice-mayor, or councilors. Do your job.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- If the power lines are sagging, don't go to the power company, go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the power company.
- If the water lines are busted, don't wait for the water company, go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the water company.
- If the potholes in the road are not fixed, don't wait for the The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the DPWH.
- Are you beginning to get the point?
Cleaning the shorelines, drainage systems, streets, rivers, and parks within your barangay is YOUR responsibility. You are accountable for this. It is not the responsibility of the City/Municipality officials. The citizens and officials of the barangay are responsible. Stop blaming others.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. Even the candidate for president. But after the election they ignore you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.