Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Barangay 13 (Poblacion 1) • Barangay 14 (Poblacion 2) • Barangay 15 (Poblacion 3) • Corona • Gamao • Makawayan • Marikaban • Papaya • Pisa • San Isidro • San Jose • San Juan • San Pedro • Santo Tomas • Talahib
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
Tingloy Batangas Map Locator
Batangas Province, Philippines
Beach of Papaya, Tingloy
Location of Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
- Papaya is one of the Barangays of Tingloy.
- Tingloy is in the Province of Batangas
- Batangas is in the island of Luzon and within Region IV-A.
History of Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
MAIKLING KASAYSAYAN NG BARANGAY PAPAYA, TINGLOY
Ang Barangay PAPAYA, Tingloy, Batangas ay isang masayang pamayanan na may pangalang nagmula sa isang nakakatuwang kwento na may puno diumano ng Papaya sa gitna ng Dagat kaya’t isinunod dito ang Bansag sa noon ay simpleng Barrio lamang.
Sapagkat ang Barangay Papaya ay kalapit dagat, marami sa mga mamayan dito ay nabibilang sa grupo ng mga mangingisda at sa modernong panahon ay marami ang nagtagumpay bilang mga SEAMEN. Marami din ang maipagmamalaking mga propesyonal na nanggaling sa katangi-tanging Barangay na ito.
Sa paglipas ng panahon, ang Barangay Papaya ay nakapag-ambag na ng maraming “Public Servants” sa Munisipyo ng Tingloy. Kabilang dito ang mga dating Mayor JUAN A. ATIENZA, JOVENCIO A. ATIENZA, ANTONIO H. ATIENZA. Naglingkod din bilang Vice Mayor ang dating RICARDO EVANGELISTA. Sa Konsehal ng Bayan, naglingkod din si ADORACION A. ATIENZA. Ang kasalukuyang Mayor LAURO F. ALVAREZ pati na ang kasalukuyang Vice Mayor DANILO D. DATINGALING ay pawang taga Papaya.
Ang Barangay na ito ay may malaking kaugnayan sa VERDE ISLAND STRAIT na itinuturing na CENTER OF THE CENTER OF BIODIVERSITY of the World. Ang STRAIT na ito bilang harapan ng Barangay ay siya ring nagsisilbing daanan papuntang Batangas Mainland at papuntang Isla ng Mindoro.
Noong unang panahon, ang BARANGAY PAPAYA ay napakalawak ng nasasakupan sapagkat sakop nito noon ang Banalo at ang Pirasan na ngayon ay Barangay San Isidro na at Barangay San Juan. Kung noon sila ay humiwalay sa Barangay Papaya, sa kasalukuyan ang maraming mga kabataan nila ay nagbabalik dito upang mag-aral sa PAPAYA NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL na siyang natatanging High School lamang sa labas ng Poblacion ng Tingloy.
Hindi maiikaila na napakalaki na ng naiambag ng Barangay Papaya sa Bayan ng Tingloy at patuloy pang magiging “PARTNER” AT “STAKEHOLDER” ang ating Barangay sa pag-unlad ng TINGLOY at lahat ng TINGLOYENYOS.
People of Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
- Population of Papaya, TINGLOY as of 2020 census: 1,926
Elected Government Officials of Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
|Republic Act No. 11462 Approved: 03 December 2019: That the barangay and sangguniang kabataan elections on the second Monday of May 2020 shall be postponed to December 5, 2022. The elected barangay officials as of May 14, 2018 will serve until December of 2022.|
- Elected Officers for the term of 2018 - 2020
- Barangay Chairperson(Captain): Romelito Bunyi Caguete
- Kagawad(Councilor): Joseph Sones Dalawangbayan
- Kagawad(Councilor): Benjamin Caguete De Los Reyes
- Kagawad(Councilor): Jennevy Garcia Abante
- Kagawad(Councilor): Ronald Caguete Abante
- Kagawad(Councilor): Arturo Abante Albania
- Kagawad(Councilor): Florencio Albania Datingaling
- Kagawad(Councilor): Mario Sawali Caguete
- SK Chairperson: John Michael Albania Dalisay
- Barangay Secretary: Catherine Garcia Binay
- Elected Papaya Officers for the term of 2013 - 2016
- Punong Barangay(chairman/captain) : Atienza, Adoracion Atienza
- Barangay Kagawad <> Delos Reyes, Benjamin Caguete
- Barangay Kagawad <> Datingaling, Bienvenido Caringal
- Barangay Kagawad <> Caguete, Romelito Bunyi
- Barangay Kagawad <> Delos Reyes, Teofila Cepillo
- Barangay Kagawad <> Abante, Nestor Decina
- Barangay Kagawad <> Binay, Abdon Caringal
- Barangay Kagawad <> Castillo, Arthur Datingaling
- Elected Papaya Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Batangas, Tingloy, Papaya, Barangay Captain, Concordia D Garcia
- Batangas, Tingloy, Papaya, Kagawad 1, Nestor D Abante
- Batangas, Tingloy, Papaya, Kagawad 2, Arthur D Castillo
- Batangas, Tingloy, Papaya, Kagawad 3, Rizal A Mena
- Batangas, Tingloy, Papaya, Kagawad 4, Irenea C Mena
- Batangas, Tingloy, Papaya, Kagawad 5, Cepriano B Binay
- Batangas, Tingloy, Papaya, Kagawad 6, Benjamin C De Los Reyes
- Batangas, Tingloy, Papaya, Kagawad 7, Bienvenido C Datingaling
- Batangas, Tingloy, Papaya, SK Chairman, Mark Laurence E Alvarez
This is the.
- Every Government Unit in the Philippines is within a Barangay. The municipal hall, city hall, the provincial capitol building, and even the Malacañang Palace where the president resides is within a Barangay.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress. Not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads or any infrastructure need to be built, improved or repaired, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and present it to the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
- Each city or municipality is represented by the "barangay association or federation". The elected president of the Association of Barangay Council and the President of Kabataan (SK) association each have a seat in the City/Municipality council. Their powers are the same and equal to the elected city/municipality councilors. They are there to help lobby the demands of the barangays. They are not there just to collect a big salary and rub elbows with the regular elected city/municipality council, but to also represent the needs of the barangays.
- The duties of the barangay officials are specifically written in Chapter III(Punong Barangay) and Chapter IV (The Sangguniang Barangay). Read it..
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, the "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove or suspend any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president unless an official complaint has been filed, there must be proof and there must be due process. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4, Section 60. Information is power. Be informed. Do not be intimidated by the president, senator, congressman, governor, mayor, vice-mayor, or councilors. Do your job.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- If the power lines are sagging, don't go to the power company, go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the power company.
- If the water lines are busted, don't wait for the water company, go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the water company.
- If the potholes in the road are not fixed, don't wait for the The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the DPWH.
- Are you beginning to get the point?
Cleaning the shorelines, drainage systems, streets, rivers, and parks within your barangay is YOUR responsibility. You are accountable for this. It is not the responsibility of the City/Municipality officials. The citizens and officials of the barangay are responsible. Stop blaming others.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. Even the candidate for president. But after the election they ignore you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
Businesses in Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- An appeal to all business owners: Include the name of the Barangay in the address of your company. This will help promote your barangay.
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center. If you do not want to "wiki-upload", email your picture to email@example.com
- Give your business a good description. Add your address(include barangay name) and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses in your Barangay
- Lending Firms, Pawnshops, any Financial businesses
- Clinics and Care Centers
- Convenient Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Agrivets, or Any kind of Retail Outlet
- Fish & Meat Markets
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants or Carenderias (carinderias), bakeshops
- Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Papaya, you can list that property for FOR FREE. .
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
- ST. ANTHONY CHAPEL (Sitio Centro)
- PINAGKILUHAN CHAPEL (Sitio Pinagkiluhan)
- CAPIZ CHAPEL (Sitio Capiz)
- ISLAND BAPTIST CHURCH (Sitio Candalero)
Schools in Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
The schools in Papaya
- PAPAYA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Sitio Centro)
- PAPAYA NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL (Sitio Centro)
- CENTRO DAY CARE CENTER (Sitio Centro)
- PINAGKILUHAN DAY CARE CENTER (Sitio Pinagkiluhan)
- CAPIZ DAY CARE CENTER (Sitio Capiz)
Economy of Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Papaya, Tingloy you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Papaya, Tingloy, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Papaya, Tingloy. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
Tourists Attractions of Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Papaya. This will help boost the local economy of Papaya. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Papaya landmarks here.
- Places to see in Papaya:
Fiestas and Traditions of Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
Fiesta date of Papaya
JUNE 13 FEAST OF SAINT ANTHONY OF PADUA; Flores de Mayo per Sitio;
Your Story about Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
Tell your story about Papaya. You can talk about the good things in Papaya or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Papaya. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Papaya? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Papaya. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Papaya? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Papaya? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Papaya.
Sports News: updated 11/10/21
Kaya Iloilo sweeps Group B in Copa '21
MANILA – Kaya Iloilo pipped Mendiola with a 6-0 beating on Wednesday night to complete a sweep of Group B action in the Copa Paulino Alcantara at the PFF National Training Centre in Carmona.
A Jovin Bedic brace in the first half set the tone for the inaugural tournament champ even as the club netted three goals in each of the two halves to seal the top seed in its group ahead of the semifinals next week.
Bedic capitalized on an erroneous Mendiola attempt to keep the ball out of his reach and quickly raced inside the penalty box to open the scoring for Kaya Iloilo in the 11th minute.
News and Events
Updated: May 16, 2022
Blasts rock officials’ homes in Maguindanao, Lanao Sur.
COTABATO CITY – A rifle grenade exploded inside the residential compound of a village official in Sultan Kudarat town in Maguindanao Sunday evening but no one was hurt, police said. Lt. Col. Sabri Lakibul, the municipal police chief, said Monday no one claimed responsibility for the explosion in the residential yard of Guiaber Dalindingan, chairman of Barangay Crossing Simuay, Sultan Kudarat town.
3 injured as troops, ASG bandits clash in Sulu
ZAMBOANGA CITY – Three soldiers were wounded in a clash with Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) bandits while on a security operation in the Sulu municipality of Indanan, military officials said Monday. Maj. Gen. Ignatius Patrimonio, Joint Task Force (JTF)-Sulu commander, said the firefight Sunday morning in Barangay Tumatangis, Indanan, broke out while the troops were checking on the reported presence of ASG bandits in the area.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Papaya.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Papaya, Tingloy Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Tingloy Batangas Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Batangas, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Papaya, Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines]]
Why Z-Wiki Papaya, Tingloy?
We want to give the people of Papaya the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Papaya is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Papaya participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to Papaya.