Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Barangays of Paoay in the Ilocos Norte Province within Region I in the Republic of The Philippines
Bacsil • Cabagoan • Cabangaran • Callaguip • Cayubog • Dolores • Laoa • Masintoc • Monte • Mumulaan • Nagbacalan • Nalasin • Nanguyudan • Oaig-Upay-Abulao • Pambaran • Pannaratan (Pob.) • Paratong • Pasil • Salbang (Pob.) • San Agustin • San Blas (Pob.) • San Juan • San Pedro • San Roque (Pob.) • Sangladan Pob. (Nalbuan) • Santa Rita (Pob.) • Sideg • Suba • Sungadan • Surgui • Veronica
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of the 21 Municipalities in the Ilocos Norte Province within Region I in the Republic of The Philippines
Adams | Bacarra | Badoc | Bangui | Banna | Burgos | Carasi | Currimao | Dingras | Dumalneg | Marcos | Nueva Era | Pagudpud | Paoay | Pasuquin | Piddig | Pinili | San Nicolas | Sarrat | Solsona | Vintar
Cities in the province of Ilocos Norte: Batac City • Laoag City (Capital)
Municipality Seal of Paoay
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Ilocos Norte|
Map of Paoay, Ilocos Norte Province in the Island of Luzon
Map of Ilocos Norte Province in the Island of Luzon
Municipality Hall of Paoay
Saint Augustine Church, commonly known as the Paoay Church
Photo courtesy of
- Paoay has a total of 31 barangays
- Registered Voters of Paoay as of (2010) = 14,786
- Population of Paoay (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 23,117
- Land Area of Paoay (as of 2007, in hectares) = 7,624
- Paoay is a 4th class municipality and Partially Urban.
- Paoay is in the Ilocos Norte province and within Region_I in the northern island of Luzon
Geography of Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
Paoay Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 7,624
Location of Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
History of Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
Paoay lies on the tiny strip of Iloco Norte’s coastal plain facing the China Sea, bounded by the City of Laoag on the north; Currimao on the south; Sarrat on the east; and the Luzon Sea on the west. It has a total land area of 76.24 square kilometers,with a population of 21,253 in 1995.
To spearhead the spiritual conquest of Ilocos Norte during the early years of Spanish rule, the Augustinians founded Paoay in 1593 along with other towns of Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Abra and La Union. On February 2, 1818, a royal Decree was issued dividing the Ilocos province into Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur. Paoay was annexed to Ilocos Norte.
Simultaneously revolts against the Spanish colonial government broke out in Paoay and in other neighboring towns. One of which was the protest against the May 14, 1814 decree of Fredinand VII abrogating the liberal Spanish Constitution of 1812. However, poor leadership and inferior arms resulted in the failure of the revolt. At the outbreak of the revolution in 1896, a chapter of the Katipunan was organized by Gabriel Dumlao in Paoay.
During the Filipino-American War (1898-1902), the town suffered tremendous losses of lives and property. The stubborn resistance of the people against the American occupation of the town led to the indiscriminate burning of houses and the incarceration of suspected rebels.
Paoay has a high agricultural yields and stable handicraft industries. The major crop of the town is garlic, sometimes called white gold by the farmers deriving their income from this produce. Other agricultural crops are rice, corn, tobacco, sugarcane, and vegetables. The town is also noted for its weaving industry. Among its finished products are blankets, towels and pillow cases, which are favorite souvenir items of foreign and local visitors. He long stretch of Paoay’s coastline is both an intensive fishing ground and a site for many beach resorts. The town is also rich in cultural and historical landmarks. A two-storey Spanish-style brick house, better known as the Malacańang of the North, nestling on top of a hill overlooking the legendary lake in Barangay Suba was coverted into a museum by the government. The Paoay Church, on eof the best religious structures left by the Spaniards, built and completed in 1699 to 1707 under forced labor, is regarded as the embodiment of the colonial Filipino style.
- Article was copied verbatim from: http://inorte.org/
People of Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Paoay Population (as of 2020 census) = 25,001
- Paoay Population (as of 2015 census) = 24,866
- Paoay Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 23,117
- Paoay Registered Voters (COMELEC 2009) = 14,786
Elected Government Officials of Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president unless an official complaint has been filed. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected officials of Paoay for the term of 2022-2025
- Representative : Eugenio Angelo Marcos Barba
- Mayor : Shiella Abuy Galano
- Vice-Mayor : Ferdinand Pepino Ignacio
- Councilor : Carmencita "Menchie" Blanco Sadorra
- Councilor : Alfonso Conrado Espinas Diaz
- Councilor : Efren Vita Valdez
- Councilor : Sherylyn "Sheryl" Ronduen Padayao
- Councilor : Edwin Bagalaro Abrojena
- Councilor : Pacifico "Juncee" Tabije Clemente
- Councilor : Dante Bacud Langaman
- Councilor : Noel Garcia Quemado
- Elected officials of Paoay for the term of 2019-2022
- Mayor of Paoay: Jessie Galano
- Vice-Mayor of Paoay: ACDAL, ROMULO
- Councilors of Paoay:
- DOMINGO, LUCKY
- BUDUAN, LEAH
- POBRE, GALEN
- SADORRA, MENCHIE
- DUMLAO, ROSEMARIE
- PADAYAO, EDGAR
- SADUMIANO, AMADOR
- VALDEZ, EFREN
- Elected officials of Paoay for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Paoay: Jessie Galano
- Vice-Mayor of Paoay: Eileen Guerrero
- Councilors of Paoay:
- Leonardo Abundo
- Juncee Clemente
- Lucky Domingo
- Galen Pobre
- Edgar Padayao
- Edison Ralleca
- Amador Sadumiano
- Rosemarie Dumlao
- Elected officials of Paoay for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Paoay: CLEMENTE, DOLLY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Paoay: GALANO, JESSIE INDEPENDENT
- Councilors of Paoay:
- ABUNDO, LEONARDO INDEPENDENT 4891 9.54%
- CLEMENTE, JUNCEE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4739 9.24%
- SADORRA, CHRISTIAN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 4695 9.16%
- DUMLAO, BRUNO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4520 8.82%
- POBRE, GALEN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4050 7.90%
- DOMINGO, LUCKY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3937 7.68%
- MADES, DIOSDADO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2952 5.76%
- DUMLAO, ROSEMARIE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2739 5.34%
- Elected officials of Paoay for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Paoay: Bonifacio Carpio Clemente Jr.
- Vice-Mayor of Paoay: Eileen Llaguno Guerrero
- Councilors of Paoay:
Businesses in Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Paoay, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, classes for the year 2021-2022 will be opened but will be monitored.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Paoay can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Paoay you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Paoay, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Paoay in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Paoay. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Paoay landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Paoay? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Paoay. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Featured News of The Philippines
Updated: January 3, 2023
P300M OK’d for construction of Pagudpud viaduct 2.
LAOAG CITY – The construction of a second viaduct in Pagudpud town will start this year after the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) assured at least PHP300 million in initial funding. Ilocos Norte First District Representative Ferdinand Alexander Marcos confirmed this on Tuesday, saying the second viaduct would prevent frequent road closures along the Manila North Road in Barangay Pancian brought by landslides and rockslides from bad weather. But unlike the first Pagudpud viaduct, Marcos said the next viaduct will have a more modern structural design with the help of a Japanese consultant who has expertise in building viaducts.
NegOcc cities set up one-stop shops for business registration
BACOLOD CITY – Various cities in Negros Occidental, including this provincial capital, have set up one-stop shops for business permit applications and renewals this 2023 starting Tuesday. In Bacolod, establishments have an option on how to process their mayor’s permit, whether online or manually, through the Business Permits and Licensing Division, the city government said in a statement. Those who choose manual processing can be accommodated at the 4th floor of Ayala Malls Capitol Central, Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., until Feb. 15. Under the business-one-stop-shop or BOSS, government agencies needed to sign the business permits available in one location such as the Bureau of Fire Protection, City Health Office, Permits and Licensing Division, City Treasurer’s Office-Licensing Division, and City Planning and Development Office-Zoning Division.
Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Paoay.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Paoay, Ilocos Norte Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Ilocos Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Paoay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.