Major Cities of Armenia
Abovyan | Alaverdi | Artashat | Ashtarak | Berd | Dilijan | Gavar | Goris | Gyumri | Hrazdan | Ijevan | Kapan | Martuni | Masis | Metsamor | Sevan | Sisian | Spitak | Vagharshapat | Vanadzor | Vardenik | Vardenis | Vedi | Yeghvard | Yerevan
Martuni (Armenian: Մարտունի) is a town in the Gegharkunik Province of Armenia, located on the southern shores of Lake Sevan. Its population is estimated to be 12,000 as of 2009. In ancient times it was known as Mets Kznut, but from 1830-1922 it was called Nerkin Gharanlugh and in 1926 it was changed to Martuni in honor of the first Soviet premier of Armenia, Aleksandr Myasnikyan, whose nom de guerre was "Martuni". Martuni was the former capital of Gegharkunik Province. Martuni has a church called Astvatsatsin church which was rebuilt in 1886. There is also an Iron Age fort excavated in 1997 by an Armenian-Italian team.
- Article verbatim from Wikipedia
- 1 Location of Martuni, Armenia
- 2 History of Martuni, Armenia
- 3 People of Martuni, Armenia
- 4 Local Government Unit LGU of Martuni, Armenia
- 5 Businesses in Martuni, Armenia
- 6 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Martuni, Armenia
- 7 Schools in Martuni, Armenia
- 8 Economy of Martuni, Armenia
- 9 Natural Resources of Martuni, Armenia
- 10 Tourists Attractions of Martuni, Armenia
- 11 Festivals and Traditions of Martuni, Armenia
- 12 Your Story about Martuni, Armenia
- 13 Photo Gallery of Martuni, Armenia
Location of Martuni, Armenia
Martuni is located ....
History of Martuni, Armenia
The beginning of Martuni
People of Martuni, Armenia
Total Population of Martuni
Local Government Unit LGU of Martuni, Armenia
Please help us keep this site updated. If you are from Martuni and you know the names of the elected officers, please go ahead and post them here.
- Mayor: ?
- Vice-Mayor: ?
- Martuni Councillors:
Businesses in Martuni, Armenia
- We invite you to list your business located in Martuni.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, bed and breakfast, motels or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Martuni
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Martuni, Armenia
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Martuni, Armenia
The name of your school in Martuni can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Martuni, Armenia
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Martuni you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Martuni, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Martuni, Armenia
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Martuni. Where does the energy source of this Martuni come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
Tourists Attractions of Martuni, Armenia
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Martuni in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Martuni. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Martuni landmarks here.
Festivals and Traditions of Martuni, Armenia
Every Martuni or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. Tell us about the festivals and traditions of Martuni.
Your Story about Martuni, Armenia
Tell your story about Martuni. You can talk about the good things in Martuni or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Martuni. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Photo Gallery of Martuni, Armenia
- YOur Pictures
- Martuni, Armenia