Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
President Duterte and his followers promote the biggest DECEPTION and con in the Philippines. They push for Federalism and constitutional reform or charter change (cha-cha) just to boost political dynasties and to give the Muslims(Moros) their own state, a "BangasaMoro" (Muslim Nation), an Islamic Nation within the Philippines.
Barangays of Lapuyan, in the Zamboanga del Sur Province within Region IX in Republic of The Philippines
Bulawan • Carpoc • Danganan • Dansal • Dumara • Linokmadalum • Luanan • Lubusan • Mahalingeb • Mandeg • Maralag • Maruing • Molum • Pampang • Pantad • Pingalay • Poblacion • Salambuyan • San Jose • Sayog • Tabon • Talabab • Tiguha • Tininghalang • Tipasan • Tugaya
Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Municipalities in the Zamboanga Del Sur Province within Region IX(zamboanga peninsula) in Republic of The Philippines
Aurora • Bayog • Dimataling • Dinas • Dumalinao • Dumingag • Guipos • Josefina • Kumalarang • Labangan • Lakewood • Lapuyan • Mahayag • Margosatubig • Midsalip • Molave • Pitogo • Ramon Magsaysay • San Miguel • San Pablo • Sominot • Tabina • Tambulig • Tigbao • Tukuran • Vincenzo A. Sagun
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur: Pagadian City
Seal of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur|
Location of Lapuyan within Zamboanga del Sur
Zamboanga del Sur Map Locator
Municipaltiy Hall of Lapuyan
- Lapuyan has a total of 26 barangays
- Registered Voters of Lapuyan as of (2010) = 16,112
- Lapuyan is in the 2nd Voting District of Zamboanga del Sur
- Population of Lapuyan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 26,118
- Land Area of Lapuyan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 32,900
- Lapuyan is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Lapuyan is in the Zamboanga del Sur province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
- 1 Geography of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 2 Location of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 3 History of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 4 People of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 5 Elected Government Officials of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 7 Real Estate for Sale or lease in Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 13 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 16 Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 17 Lapuyan Zamboanga del Sur Photo Gallery
- 18 Disclaimer
Geography of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Lapuyan Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 32,900
Location of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 7.6333° N, 123.2000° E - Lapuyan, Coordinates
- Lapuyan is in the Zamboanga del Sur province.
- Zamboanga del Sur is within Region IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
History of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Long time ago there was a great drought happened in a certain place unknown place in Zamboanga del Sur. The inhabitants were living near the river has no name too. The inhabitants were called a Subanen means people live near the river. These place was not yet christianized. There was an American missionaries who entered the juggle of this place. There was an old man who cook in the riverside. The missionary ask him that what was the name of those place. However the old man afraid the missionary because he was seen a white man. He could not understand what was the missionary ask him but the missionary pointed the cooking area of the old man. He believed that the missionary ask him what was he did. So, he said that the place was the PHEGAPUYAN means a cooking area. The missionary understood that it was a LAPUYAN because he could not pronounce the phegapuyan. That's why the missionary wrote on his diary a Lapuyan.
People of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- As of 2012, 80 percent of the residents of Lapuyan belong to the Subanen tribe.
- Population of Lapuyan (as of 2015 Census) = 27,264
- Population of Lapuyan (as of May 1, 2010 Census) = 26,175
- Lapuyan Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 26,118
- Lapuyan Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 16,112
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected officials of Lapuyan for the term of 2019-2022
- Mayor of Lapuyan: Joel "nonoy" Sulong
- Vice-Mayor of Lapuyan: Daylinda Sulong
- Councilors of Lapuyan:
- FERNANDEZ, MORVIN
- DUHAYLUNGSOD, RICARDO
- SIGBA, BONG
- SHEIK, JID
- HUMINIS, GIBID
- LUSAY, ALNER
- CAMBED, POL
- TAN, ROWE
- Elected officials of Lapuyan for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Lapuyan: Joel Sulong
- Vice-Mayor of Lapuyan: Daylinda Sulong
- Councilors of Lapuyan:
- Morvin Fernandez
- Rowe Tan
- Reniel Huminis
- Apolonio Cambed
- Arnel Banghulot
- Gladys Gay Sagabaen
- Alejo Sigba Jr.
- Abdulmajid Sheik
- Elected officials of Lapuyan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Lapuyan: Daylinda Perez Sulong - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of Lapuyan: Joel Bael Sulong - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Councilors of Lapuyan:
- FERNANDEZ, MORVIN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4589 11.78%
- SULONG, DOMINADOR (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 4278 10.98%
- BANGHULOT, RONALD (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3692 9.48%
- SULONG, ANDY (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3622 9.30%
- CAMBED, APOLONIO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3571 9.17%
- SIBUYAN, EVANGELINE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3502 8.99%
- SHEIK, ABDULMAJID (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3248 8.34%
- BUGAO, MACARIO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2767 7.10%
- Elected officials of Lapuyan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Lapuyan: Daylinda Perez Sulong
- Vice-Mayor of Lapuyan: Vicente Mong Fernandez Jr.
- Councilors of Lapuyan:
Businesses in Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Lapuyan, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, the opening of classes for the year 2020-2021 is deferred to October 5, 2020.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Lapuyan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Lapuyan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Lapuyan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Lapuyan Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Lapuyan Zamboanga del Sur" page.
Natural Resources of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Lapuyan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Lapuyan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Lapuyan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
From one of the contributors in the Discussion Page: Long time ago there was a great drought happened in a certain place unknown place in Zamboanga del Sur. The inhabitants were living near the river has no name too. The inhabitants were called a Subanen means people live near the river.
These place was not yet christianized. There was an American missionaries who entered the juggle of this place. There was an old man who cook in the riverside. The missionary ask him that what was the name of those place. However the old man afraid the missionary because he was seen a white man. He could not understand what was the missionary ask him but the missionary pointed the cooking area of the old man. He believed that the missionary ask him what was he did. So, he said that the place was the PHEGAPUYAN means a cooking area.
The missionary understood that it was a LAPUYAN because he could not pronounce the phegapuyan. That's why the missionary wrote on his diary a Lapuyan.
The oldest man or woman in Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Lapuyan? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Lapuyan. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Upload Pictures of Lapuyan.
- Lapuyan Photo Gallery
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Lapuyan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Lapuyan Zamboanga del Sur Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.