Register as a User. If already registered LOG IN. Help this community by editing pages or by UPLOADING PICTURES.

File:Provincial Capitol Leyte.jpg

From Philippines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Original file(1,024 × 768 pixels, file size: 264 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

Provincial Capitol of Leyte

Once the seat of the Philippine Commonwealth Government on 1944 under President Sergio Osmeña, Sr. Construction of the Capitol started in 1917 during the administration of Governor Salvador K. Demetrio, completed and inaugurated in 1924 during the administration of Governor Honorio Lopez. The original edifice was renovated, expanded and beautified 40 years after upon assumption to office of Governor Norberto B. Romualdez, Jr. in 1964.

Historic viewing of two murals depicting the MacArthur Landing was unveiled on October 20, 1964 by President Diosdado Macapagal while the First Mass was unveiled on March 31, 1965 by Ambassador Fernando Lobao de Carvalho of Portugal and the Marquis de Aumon representing the Government of Spain.

information source verbatim: http://www.tourisminthephilippines.com

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current21:55, 12 November 2011Thumbnail for version as of 21:55, 12 November 20111,024 × 768 (264 KB)Maletsky (talk | contribs){{zadheader}} Category:Leyte, Philippines Photo Gallery *Leyte Province, Philippines *image source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesnmags/293437682/ ==Provincial Capitol of Leyte== Once the seat of the Philippine Commonwealth Government on 1944
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

The following page uses this file: