Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Agcabugao • Agdahon • Agnaga • Angub • Balingasag • Bito-on Ilawod • Bito-on Ilaya • Bun-od • Carataya • Lunayan • Mahabang Sapa • Mahunodhunod • Maindang • Mainit • Malagab-i • Nagba • Poblacion Ilawod • Poblacion Ilaya • Poblacion Takas • Puti-an • San Antonio • Sinabsaban
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
List of Municipalities in the Capiz Province within Region VI(western visayas) in the Republic of The Philippines
Cuartero | Dao | Dumalag | Dumarao | Ivisan | Jamindan | Ma-Ayon | Mambusao | Panay | Panitan | Pilar | Pontevedra | President Roxas | Sapi-An | Sigma | Tapaz
Cities in the province of Capiz: Roxas City (Capital)
Seal of Cuartero
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Capiz|
Location of Cuartero within Capiz Philippines
Cuartero Municipal Hall Picture
Please Upload Picture
- Cuartero has a total of 22 barangays
- Registered Voters of Cuartero as of (2010) = 15,698
- Cuartero is in the "2nd" Voting District of Capiz.
- Population of Cuartero (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 25,306
- Land Area of Cuartero (as of 2007, in hectares) = 10,658
- Cuartero is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Cuartero is in the Capiz province and within Region VI - in the western side of the island of panay in the Western Visayas area.
Geography of Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
Geography of Cuartero
Location of Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
- Cuartero is located ....
History of Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
The beginning of Cuartero
People of Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
- Population of CUARTERO, CAPIZ as of 2020 census: 27,993
- Total Population of Cuartero (as of 2015) census = 27,408
- Total Population of Cuartero (as of May 1, 2010) census = 25,456
Local Government Unit LGU of Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president unless an official complaint has been filed. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected officials of Cuartero for the term of 2019-2022
- Mayor of Cuartero: Tito Libo-On Mayo NUP 12,069
- Vice-Mayor of Cuartero: Roger Francisco Flores NUP 11,639
- Councilors of Cuartero:
- FANTILAGA, STEPHEN HEYRES NUP 11,174
- FALCIS, ABNER VILLABA NUP 9,659
- FLORES, ROSALIE FRANCISCO NUP 8,573
- PALIGUMBA, MOISES JR. MAYO NUP 8,483
- PALMES, ROZENY PALONPON NUP 7,966
- HIJOSA, STEVE ESGANA NUP 7,804
- MALECOSIO, MYRNA ODIAMAN NUP 7,467
- FRANCISCO, MELVAR ESCORPION NUP 6,839
- Elected officials of Cuartero for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Cuartero: Tito Libo-On Mayo
- Vice-Mayor of Cuartero: Roger Francisco Flores
- Councilors of Cuartero:
- Alexander Fantilaga
- Rosalie Flores
- Myrna Malecosio
- Moises Paligumba Jr
- Joemarie Openiano
- Steve Hijosa
- Melvar Francisco
- Rozeny Palmes
- Elected officials of Cuartero for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Cuartero: Tito Libo-On Mayo (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Cuartero: Roger Francisco Flores (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Councilors of Cuartero:
- MALECOSIO, MYRNA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 7013 8.29%
- FANTILAGA, ALEXANDER (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 6460 7.64%
- PALIGUMBA, MOISES JR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 6084 7.19%
- FLORES, ROSALIE (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 6018 7.12%
- HIJOSA, STEVE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5664 6.70%
- PALMES, ROZENY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 5501 6.50%
- OPENIANO, JOEMARIE (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 5498 6.50%
- HENDERIN, RUBEN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5257 6.22%
- Elected officials of Cuartero for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Cuartero: Roger Francisco Flores
- Vice-Mayor of Cuartero: Jedy Albay Cedullo
- Councilors of Cuartero:
Businesses in Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale in Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Cuartero, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, classes for the year 2021-2022 will be opened but will be monitored.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Cuartero can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Cuartero you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Cuartero, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Cuartero in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Cuartero. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Cuartero landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
In the Philippines a fiesta is usually celebrated in barrios or barangays. It is the official holiday of the LGU, the barangay. Filipinos love fiestas. It is a time for joy and celebration. A fiesta is of Spanish origin and is usually commemorated in association with a christian patron saint. Most barangays whose population have been clustered by Muslims(Moros) and their population is more than that of the Christians, the celebration of the fiesta have been cancelled and replaced with the Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr.
The cities or municipalities usually have yearly festivals where all the barangays participate. The cities or municipalities hold contests for the best floats in parades.
Your Story about Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Cuartero? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Cuartero. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Sports News of Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Cuartero? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Cuartero? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Cuartero.
Sports News: updated 11/10/21
Kaya Iloilo sweeps Group B in Copa '21
MANILA – Kaya Iloilo pipped Mendiola with a 6-0 beating on Wednesday night to complete a sweep of Group B action in the Copa Paulino Alcantara at the PFF National Training Centre in Carmona.
A Jovin Bedic brace in the first half set the tone for the inaugural tournament champ even as the club netted three goals in each of the two halves to seal the top seed in its group ahead of the semifinals next week.
Bedic capitalized on an erroneous Mendiola attempt to keep the ball out of his reach and quickly raced inside the penalty box to open the scoring for Kaya Iloilo in the 11th minute.
News and Events
Updated: July 5, 2022
DENR tagging biggest trees in Cordillera.
BAGUIO CITY – The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) in Cordillera has identified the biggest trees in the region through a contest as part of the environment month in June. Ralph Pablo, DENR-Cordillera regional director, in a message on Tuesday, said the contest aims to identify and locate the biggest trees growing in the region with the help of community members.
Pag-IBIG entices members in Ilocos areas with low-interest loans
BAGUIO CITY – Officials of the Pag-IBIG Fund in the Ilocos Region have expressed hope that their more than 400,000 members in the region and neighboring provinces will avail of the agency's low-interest emergency loans which are easy to avail of and get released in just two days. Mervin Pereda, area head for Pag-IBIG-Ilocos Region, said that of the more than 400,000 members in the "Ilocos areas" that cover Baguio City, Benguet, Mountain Province, Abra, Ilocos Sur, Ilocos Norte, La Union, and Pangasinan, only about 19,000 are availing of loans.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Cuartero.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Cuartero, Capiz, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Capiz, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Cuartero, Capiz, Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.