Constitution of the Republic of Zamboanga
This idea of federalism with the built-in bangsamoro islamic state seems inevitable. Millions of pesos are spent in propaganda. Then there is the creeping "Contiguous Territory" in the proposed constitution of the Bangsamoro where it is stated in: Article III, section 3: “Contiguous Territory - The areas which are contiguous and outside the core territory may opt at anytime to be part of the territory upon petition of at least ten percent (10%) of the registered voters and approved by a majority of qualified votes cast in a plebiscite. “.
- Every few years the Muslims can expand their territory. Slowly but surely barangay after barangay will be assimilated. This is an UNSTOPPABLE creeping territorial expansion.
- Within this Federalism, the new Zamboanga State and all the other states are not free from the bondage of Islam. Yes there would be no more ARMM. This would have been replaced with the Bangsamoro State.
- But what you do not realize is that the federal government will still be obligated to support Sharia Law nationwide and the NCMF(national commission on muslim filipinos).
- The federal government will continue to support the spread of Islam throughout the Philippines. The federal government will continue to violate the "separation of church and state" as this current government is doing.
- So with this federalism all you did was replace the ARMM with the Bangsamoro, and all the regions which are now states will still continue to support Islam as it has done before with its contributed taxes which you pay.
There is only one way to prevent this from ever happening: STOP THIS TYPE OF FEDERALISM. But if it goes through then secession will be the way out. Zamboanga will become a sovereign independent country! The Republic of Zamboanga.
These are ideas for the Constitution of The Republic of Zamboanga. Your valued suggestions may be posted in this Facebook Note. Send me a message if you can't view the note, so I can add your name to the list of participants.
Form of government
- Democratic Unitary Parliamentary Republic
- Sovereignty of the government resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them. The goal of the people of the Republic of Zamboanga is to establish a government of the people, for the people, and by the people in order to establish unity, peace, security, prosperity, and to exercise prudence and respect in determining justice.
- Elected government officials shall serve a maximum total of 8 years except for the president, vice-president and prime minister. A career in politics entices the creation of dynasties. Dynasties suppress democracy.
- Executive Branch
- The Prime Minister will run the Security of the nation (police and coast guard) and the department of education.
- This office will be appointed by the parliament upon the recommendation of the President. The term limit for the prime minister is 8 years in politics. His term of office is based on character and performance. The prime minister may be dismissed by the parliament without cause or justification and by simple popular vote. After serving as prime minister he/she is prohibited to be employed as lobbyist.
- The President will run the Economy of the country. The president will be elected by popular vote by the registered voters of the nation. The term of office is 4 years and may be re-elected to serve another term to a maximum of 2 terms or 8 years. After serving as president he/she is prohibited to be employed as lobbyist or run for other government political office.
- The Prime Minister will run the Security of the nation (police and coast guard) and the department of education.
- Legislative Branch
- Composed of elected representative of each province. Each province is divided into 8 districts and each district will elect a representative who will be a member of the legislative body. There are 4 provinces in Zamboanga and therefore there will be 32 representatives. The term of office is 4 years and may be re-elected to serve another term to a maximum of 2 terms or 8 years. After service no former member of legislature may hire themselves out as lobbyists or run for other government political office.
- Judicial Branch
- The judicial system operates separately from the executive and legislative branches, but will work with them as the Constitution requires. Laws are passed by Congress and signed by the President. The judicial branch decides the constitutionality of the laws and resolves all other disputes about laws. In cases of disputes courts will decide what really happened and what should be done about it. They decide whether a person committed a crime and what the punishment should be. They also provide a peaceful way to decide private disputes that people can’t resolve themselves.
- A qualified BORN citizen of the country may be appointed to this branch.
- The Judicial branch will have a non-partisan 13 member group to monitor, oversee and fight any corrupt or detrimental laws, to lobby for the amendment or revocation of such laws or to simply prevent a group of people or organization to take over any barangay, municipality, city, or province in the country with their ideology or culture without prejudice or bias.
- Members of this Non-Partisan Monitoring Lobbying Group will be appointed by current active Judges (justices) to be approved by the President. A qualified member must be at least 60 years old. Members must represent all the provinces of the republic. Dismissal of any member will be by unanimous vote from the justices with final approval of the prime minister and not the president.
Swearing into office will not take place with prayers or homage to any religions. The book of the constitution will be used to be sworn upon and not on any religious texts.
- Term of office in politics for any government official is 8 years. He or she is prohibited to be employed as a lobbyist after being elected as a government politician.
Territory of the Republic of Zamboanga
✅ No territory (province, city, municipality, or barangay) shall be named after a religion, a political group, followers of a religion or ideology. Any existing territories named as such will be changed.
- Every candidate for office must belong to a political party.
- Political Parties: Non profits are not allowed to form political parties. All candidates shall run for office to serve the people and never their political agenda. The qualification and bio-data of the official candidate will be made public. If a party is found to be in violation, it's corporate license shall be revoked. Members can then opt to resign or affiliate with another political corporation.
- No religious or ideological institutions or organizations are allowed to form or affiliate with a political party. It will be against the law for a political party to affiliate with a religion or an ideology.
- Political parties will be registered as regular for profit corporations. Subject to all the rules and regulations that all other corporations have
- No independent political parties can run under the banner of an ideology, religion, or philosophy. No political party can exist unless it is duly registered as a for profit corporation.
- There will be no Party-list representation in the house of representatives. Only winning candidates elected by the people in the general election will be in the house of representatives.
- Each province will be governed by the elected governor and its board of directors.
- The provinces will have the duty to collect the property taxes from the citizens.
- Cities and Municipalities: Each city will be governed by the elected mayor and council members.
- Barangays : Barangays are created and ended by the city or municipality. Barangay officials are responsible for the progress and development of the barangay. Management of the barangay is the responsibility of the barangay officials.
- Every quarter (3 months) Barangay officials are to present resolutions to the city/municipality council for any needed improvement.
The only way to maintain and protect the prosperity of the country is through security. The citizens, properties (physical and intellectual), borders (sea, air and land) must be protected.
- The prime minister will be in charge of the national security.
- There will be no National Armed forces.
- There will only be the National Police and Coast guard. Properly armed and budgeted to protect the sovereign nation of the Republic of Zamboanga.
- The Zamboanga National Police will control the ground and air security of the nation. Instead of airplanes, the ZNP will employ helicopters and drones to manage the skies over Zamboanga.
- All Philippine military bases will be acquired by ROZ. The border base of Tukuran will be fortified.
- Every commercial port will have an assigned coast guard craft.
- Terrorists will be dealt with capital punishment. International "rules of engagement" will not be exercised when dealing with terrorism. Capture will only be for interrogation and later for execution. Lawsuits will not be entertained. Those who sue the government on behalf of the terrorist will be considered as enemies of the nation and if done by residents, citizens, or organizations the act will be considered as treason and punishable by death. With regard to organizations suing on behalf of the terrorists, the CEO of the organization will be charged with treason. Lawyers who represent the terrorist will be disbarred.
- Politicians who introduce any bill to be passed as law that is supportive of terrorism or undermines the security of the nation will be impeached on the grounds of treason and if proven guilty will be executed.
The ZCG (Zamboanga Coast Guard) and the ZNP (Zamboanga National Police) will once a year work with the Department of Energy and Natural Resources in the reforestation of the mountains. At the start of the rainy season and using their helicopters, seeds of trees and different usable plants will be spread across the mountains. Also using the coast guard's water crafts, the shoreline mangroves will be reforested.
The separation of religion and state shall be upheld and be inviolable
- The Republic of Zamboanga is a secular and democratic country.
- Freedom of religion and freedom of speech will be upheld.
- Government must not ever finance any religion directly or indirectly. Or finance the activities of groups or the followers of any religion.
- Foreign laws will never be used to interpret or influence constitutional laws or the courts.
- Religious laws will not be used to interpret or influence the constitution or the courts.
- Places of worship will not be allowed to disturb the peace of the land with ringing bells or loud speakers.
- Polygamy will not be allowed or any such laws that supports it will not be allowed.
- Religious group gatherings in public areas will only be allowed with proper governmental temporary permits.
- The coast guard and the police personnel will not be allowed to wear any items of religious representations of ideology or religions while in uniform.
- Public buildings will not allow religious or ideological representations in its properties. There will be no religious or ideological connotations or associations within the public buildings of properties.
- Religious practices will not be allowed to interfere with any elected or appointed government jobs. Government schedules or work will not be obligated to revolved around religious practices. All religious obligations will be attended to or performed by the follower at his/her own private time and never during work hours.
- Any citizen can run for office regardless of creed, race or religious affiliation. Every government employee or government elected or appointed member will be made to sign a contact to uphold the constitution's separation of church and state.
- Swearing into office by the appointed or elected will be done on the constitution rather than any religious or ideological texts/books.
- Every bill must be vetted before it is signed into law that it does not violate the separation of church and state. That the government funding for the law will not go to or used for any private groups, religions, organizations, corporations, or individuals.
- If a politician or organization has been found and proven to always instigate and propose laws that violate the "separation of church and state", that politician will face impeachment and the organization will stand to lose its license.
The above guide shall in no way suggest that God is not part of governance. The words "In God we trust. We respect and fight for our country." shall be in all public buildings.
Department of Justice
- Under the Judicial branch of the government.
The death penalty will be invoked for heinous crimes, terrorism, treason and plunder. The supreme court will determine the list of heinous crimes.
Department of Education
K1 to K12 public schools will be funded by the government. College education will be free to the number of allotted students for the population of the public colleges. Kindergarten to 4th grade will be primary, 5th grade to 8th grade will be middle school, 8th grade to 12th grade will be High School. Four years of college education will be free from Public Colleges and Universities. Students will apply for free college education at the location of the college, pass the entrance examinations and only the top students who pass the test will be enrolled. Each public college has its allotted population and enrollment must not exceed the allotted population.
Those who have availed of the free college education will have a covenant with the government to work in the republic for at least 3 years before working as an immigrant in another country. The republic will not endorse brain drain.
- Public schools will not allow religious or ideological representations in its properties. There will be no religious or ideological connotations or associations within the public school campus.
- All students before the start of the school day will recite the pledge of allegiance: "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the Republic of Zamboanga, and to its constitution, for which it stands as one nation, united under God where the Separation of religion and state is upheld and shall remain inviolable."
- No religious dress codes or representations of ideology or religions will be allowed in any public schools.
- Teaching about religions will be allowed (like history), but teaching the religion will not be allowed.
- Speeches or literature that incite violence will not be allowed in the school campus.
- Minimum wage of teachers shall be at least 4 times that of the minimum wage of the nation.
- There will be Trade Schools to train Carpenters, Builders, Fishermen, Mechanics, Masonry work, Farmers, Painters, Electricians, Appliance Technicians, and Health care technicians.
- Scouting will be mandatory for every school (private or public) from K1 to k12. Scouting will remain as it has always been non-religious.
- Private schools must comply with government standards. If a private school is religious, it has the right to exercise its religious rules in its campus and does not have to conform with the rules of other organizations besides that of the government.
- Speeches or literature that incite violence will not be allowed in the school campus. A private school is for education (religious or secular) but not for cults or to harbor organizations whose purpose is to conspire against the principles of the constitution of the Republic of Zamboanga. Any school proven as conspirators will lose its license and its management will face charges of possible treason.
- A police officer will be assigned to every single school (private or public). Depending on the population of the school, additional police officers will be assigned.
Official Language or Lingua Franca is English
Languages of all ethnicity will be respected and upheld. There will be departments within the government to be created to save and help prosper the language of each respective ethnicity within the republic. The lingua franca of the republic will be English.
Department of Energy and Natural Resources
Zambooanga will generate enough energy to sell power to Basilan, Tawi-Tawi, Sulu, and Palawan. 15% of the net profit from these sales will help fund the education for the enhancement of the technology and science of renewable energy.
- Create Renewable Sustainable Energy for the nation:
- Hydro electricity - Build dams : Build a hydro-electric dams all throughout the peninsula.
- Solar power - Public lands will not be wasted on solar panel farms. Instead all public buildings will have solar panels for roofs. Solar panels on roof tops use as much space as stand alone solar panels on land. A 1000 sqm building can accommodate more solar panels than a 1,000 sqm land devoted to standalone solar panels.
- Wind power - Propeller type windmills will not be used. Instead, vertical windmills on top of public buildings will be installed.
- Geothermal - Parts of Lakewood, Zamboanga del Sur has great potential for geothermal energy plants.
- Tidal power - Develop tidal stream energy generators in the Basilan Strait.
- All fossil fueled generators must be gradually phased out.
- Open pit mining will be given time to replace mining procedure without damaging mother nature.
- All highways will be lined with Trees.
- All gov lands designated as watersheds will be maintained and planted with trees.
- All shorelines will be preserved.
- All Squatters in public lands will be relocated.
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
The development of the fishing industries, orchards, animal husbandry, farming, aquaculture, and hydroponics will be encouraged. Every barangay must generate a quarterly report to record new and discontinued business ventures in the agriculture and fishing industry. The department will promote a proactive plan to entice growth in this industry to generate export. The department will provide literature and quarterly seminars to help promote the industry. Seminars will be at Zamboanga province on the 1st quarter, Zamboanga Sibugay on the 2nd quarter, Zamboanga del Sur on the 3rd quarter, and Zamboanga del Norte on the 4th quarter.
The forest mangroves will be cultivated and made to grow healthy to help propagate the fishing industry. The department of agriculture will generate an export product for mangrove lumber. Ideas will be gathered from producers to generate this kind of export.
- The director of the department can only sustain his or her job if the property and growth of agricultural system of the nation continues to grow.
Department of Naturalization and Records
- Every citizen must be issued an Id number and an ID card, fingerprinted and dna recorded. Every newborn will be fingerprinted, foot-printed, and dna recorded.
- Only born citizens with a minimum of 18 years of residence will be allowed to run for government elected offices.
Filipino citizens with national I.D.'s and or passport will be allowed temporary entry into the Republic of Zamboanga for 30 days. They must keep the 30 day certificate and must present it when demanded. If caught without one or can't come up with one, they will be deported, charged for crime committed and will not be allowed back into the Republic of Zamboanga.
- Every immigrant must be issued an Id number, fingerprinted and dna recorded. Every newborn will be fingerprinted, footprinted, and dna recorded.
- Every immigrant must swear allegiance to the flag of Zamboanga. If proven under the court of law that such immigrant have desecrated the flag, immigrant will be deported.
- An immigrant will be made to sign a covenant swearing that he/she will not practice or advocate polygamy. If later found and proven beyond reasonable doubt that he/she violated this covenant, the immigrant will be deported immediately.
Department of Transportation
- National highways will be built and maintained by the national government. City, municipality and barangay roads will be maintained by the local government units.
- Every barangay will be connected not just via main highway but via barangay to barangay arterial roads.
- Public electric rail transportation will be built to circumvent the zamboanga peninsula. Public buses from the rail heads to the nearby cities and municipalities shall be provided and such buses shall be electric powered.
- The public transportation commission shall determine the least transportation to the public.
- "Century Fruit trees" will be planted along all the national highways preferably every 200 meters. Specifically the Wani fruit tree.
Directors of the ombudsman will be appointed by congress. Term is 5 years. This office will be under the prime minister.
Commission on Human Rights
Directors of the commission will be appointed by congress. Term is 5 years. This office will remain independent.
- Appointees can't be former politicians, campaign managers of politicians or political parties.
Public holidays will be honored and observed as established by law and listed as follows:
- May 18 (original independence day of Zamboanga), Christmas 12/25 , New years day January 1, labor day ??, foundation day of ZDN, foundation day of ZDS, Foundation day of ZS, foundation day of Zamboanga City (Oct. 11), Eid' ul Adha - Feast of sacrifice (10th day of Dul Al-Hijjah), Eid' ul Fitr - Culmination of the fasting month of Ramadhan, Sept. 8, Good Friday.
Internal Revenue Service, Property taxes
- Each province will charge a provincial sales tax of 9%. The entire sales tax collection remains with the province.
- Property taxes shall collected by each province. 20% of the property tax will go to the National government. 80% will remain for the provinces and will be distributed back to the cities, municipalities and barangays commensurate to the percentage of tax collected.
- Income taxes will only be charged by the national government. The provinces will not charge provincial income tax.
- Citizens will pay a flat rate income tax regardless of income size. (Suggestion: 15%)
- Corporations will pay a flat rate of 15% income tax.
- Interest rates or dividends paid out will be charged the tax rates applied and these institutions will refund to the government.
- Religious Institutions will not automatically be tax free. They have to apply for a non-profit organization status and must provide to the Internal Revenue a yearly financial statement.
- A commission for indigenous peoples will be created to identify and register true indigenous people regardless of religion. Being a follower of a religion will not identify an individual as an indigenous person. It has to be by tribal-race.
- Indigenous people with stewardship for lands granted to them will be recorded and honored.
- Claims to ancestral lands because of religious background will not be honored. Only claims to ancestral lands with valid and proven indigenous heritage will be recognized and processed.
Department of Trade and Industries - Export and Import
Trading with foreign countries will be enticed by providing equal tariff taxes. Tariff taxes are negotiable and will be the responsibility of the president of the nation.
There will be a quarterly report from the DTI to be disseminated nationwide to all manufacturers and producers concerned. This will encourage producers and manufacturers to stabilize rising importation of certain products. If there is a lot of importation of a certain item, this will be reported to the sector who produces this item and they will be encouraged to up their production or lower their price to allow the adjustment of imports. Or at least try to find the solution by the national government and the local producer to come up for a better solution to bring down the production cost.
Business Licenses and ownership of Land and business
The Republic of Zamboanga has no restriction as to who can own businesses or land within the country.
Within the business license will be a covenant to CSR - Corporate Social Responsibility. Every business in the republic in order to operate must commit to the welfare and sustainability of mother nature.
However, ownership of Public parks, buildings, shorelines, natural resources, water rights, air space, rivers, international airports and international seaports will be that of the government.
The republic will not be allowed to use its natural resources and infrastructures as collateral to get loans. Loans to the republic will be based only on the credit of the country.