Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,027 barangays, 1486 municipalities, 148 cities, 82 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Barangays of Lapu-Lapu City, in the Cebu Province within Region 7 in the Republic of the Philippines
Agus | Babag | Bankal | Baring | Basak | Buaya | Calawisan | Canjulao | Caw-oy | Cawhagan | Caubian | Gun-ob | Ibo | Looc | Mactan | Maribago | Marigondon | Pajac | Pajo | Pangan-an | Poblacion | Punta Engaño | Pusok | Sabang | San Vicente | Santa Rosa | Subabasbas | Talima | Tingo | Tungasan
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Lapu Lapu City Map Locator
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
Location of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
History of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
Contribute your knowledge about the history of Caubian
The People and the island of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
- Population of Caubian, CITY OF LAPU-LAPU (OPON) as of 2020 census: 2,429
Island Name: Caubian Island 1 (small island) Population: 1,895 Major Occupation: Fishermen Sea Shore Details: White Sand Tourist Accommodation: No Cottages for Tourists Snorkeling: No Place to Snorkel Diving: No Place to Dive Distance Estimate Travel Time: 45 minutes from Maribago Comments: Hospitality is in the island. Around island are sand.
Island Name: Caubian Island 2 (big island)/ Po Population: 0 Major Occupation: 0 Sea Shore Details: Rocky Dead Corals Tourist Accommodation:Have Cottages for Tourists Snorkeling: B Diving: B/A Distance Estimate Travel Time: 45 minutes from Maribago Comments: Good for diving, fishing and snorkeling. There is a diving point which resemble like a underwater cave.
Local Government Unit LGU of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
- Elected Caubian Officers for the term of 2013 - 2016
- Punong Barangay Matbagon, Jackson Llenes
- Barangay Kagawad: Ylaya, Rogelio Valiente
- Barangay Kagawad: Cabasa, Carolina Taneo
- Barangay Kagawad: Querubin, Alejandra Siton
- Barangay Kagawad: Uy, Myrna Escarlan
- Barangay Kagawad: Alo, Alejandro Abaño
- Barangay Kagawad: Denola, Elena Ras
- Barangay Kagawad: Abayan, Alfredo Abaño
- Elected Caubian Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Cebu, Lapu-Lapu City (Opon), Caubian, Punong Barangay (Chairman), Romeo O Matbagon
- Cebu, Lapu-Lapu City (Opon), Caubian, Kagawad 1, Alejandro A Alo
- Cebu, Lapu-Lapu City (Opon), Caubian, Kagawad 2, Rogelio V Ylaya
- Cebu, Lapu-Lapu City (Opon), Caubian, Kagawad 3, Alejandra S Querubin
- Cebu, Lapu-Lapu City (Opon), Caubian, Kagawad 4, Paterno L Uy
- Cebu, Lapu-Lapu City (Opon), Caubian, Kagawad 5, Alfredo A Abayan
- Cebu, Lapu-Lapu City (Opon), Caubian, Kagawad 6, Eduardo B Amorin
- Cebu, Lapu-Lapu City (Opon), Caubian, Kagawad 7, Elena R Denola
- Cebu, Lapu-Lapu City (Opon), Caubian, SK Chairman, Jonathan Y Alo
- SK Kagawad:
- 1 Mary Ann Abano
- 2 Jaysan Cabido
- 3 Angela Christine Abayan
- 4 Joseph Kevin Cabahug
- 5 Christian Abano
- 6 Cathleen Uy
- 7 Rheame
Businesses in Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsor zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Caubian
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Caubian, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, classes for the year 2021-2022 will be opened but will be monitored.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The schools in Caubian Felipe Matbagon Elementary School Felipe Matbagon High School
Economy of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City. Where does the energy source of this Lapu-Lapu City come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
Tourists Attractions of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
Caubian is composed of two island namely: Caubian Gamay (where people are staying) and Caubian Dako(a.k.a Po). Last December 2009, Petron made a project in helping save the Minantaw Reef near the Island and made the Minantaw Marine Park and Sanctuary.
Fiestas and Traditions of Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
Every Febuary of the Year! Patron Saint: Sr. Sto Nino
Your Story about Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
Tell your story about Caubian. You can talk about the good things in Caubian or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Caubian. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Pictures of Caubian
- Click HERE to view more PHOTOS about Caubian, Lapu-Lapu City.
Featured News of The Philippines
Updated: October 17, 2023
Increasing Local Rice Production: Zambales Farmers Rally Behind NFA’s Price Hike.
CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga – Zambales farmers are supporting the National Food Authority’s (NFA) decision to raise the buying prices for palay (unmilled rice). The NFA Council announced new prices: PHP23 for dry palay, increased from PHP19, and PHP19 for wet palay, up from PHP16. Francisco Pallarag, a rice farmer from Barangay Palanginan, Iba, appreciated the price change. He noted that farmers often faced low prices, especially during harvest times when there was a lack of drying facilities. With the NFA’s updated prices, which compete with private traders, farmers like him can now get better returns for their crops. Pallarag thanked President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. and the NFA. He committed to selling his next harvest to the agency, showing his support for the program.
Davao Region Sees Rise in September Inflation.
DAVAO CITY – The Philippine Statistics Authority in Region 11 (PSA-11) reported on Tuesday that Davao Region experienced an inflation rate of 5.4 percent in September, marking an increase from August’s 3.9 percent. However, this remains below the 9.6 percent recorded in September 2022. A primary factor behind the inflation uptick was the faster growth in food and non-alcoholic beverage prices, which rose to 8 percent from 6 percent the previous month, according to PSA-11. The report also highlighted quicker price increases in the sectors of housing, water, electricity, gas, and other fuels, which saw rates of -1.1 percent in September, an improvement from -2.4 percent in August. Similarly, restaurants and accommodation services jumped to 9.5 percent from 6.8 percent.
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.