LOG IN. UPLOAD PICTURES.
The Philippines has Zamboanga Shopping to help propagate the Chavacano Language
Category:Municipalities Of The Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Regions | Philippine Provinces | Philippine Cities | Municipalities | Barangays | High School Reunions
1,489 Municipalities in the Philippines
The philippines is divided into Regions, Provinces, Cities, Municipalities, and Barangays.
- Below is a list of municipalities listed in Alphabetical Order.
- To get the list of municipalities within each province, go to the Province page.
The Philippine Government defines a municipality as "a political corporate body which is endowed with the facilities of a municipal corporation, exercised by and through the municipal government in conformity with law. It is a subsidiary of the province which consists of a number of barangays within its territorial boundaries, one of which is the seat of government found at the town proper (poblacion)".
One very important factor to remember is that MUNICIPALITIES are not classified as CITIES. The list of cities in the Philippines will continue to increase as municipalities later become cities.
- As municipalities become cities the number of municipalities will diminish. However, as municipalities can reduce in number they may also increase in number. The number of municipalities may increase as Municipalities or Provinces get subdivided.
A municipality must qualify to be classified as a city.
- Help develop this municipality site: Cabatuan, Iloilo.
|The presidents of the Philippines haven't shown any respect for the Barangay system. Not a single president so far has honored the name of the barangay where the Malacañang Palace is located in. Will the 16th president (Duterte) be the first to start respecting the barangay system? So far he hasn't. As citizens, you can ask the president to do so. You can also help update the barangay pages in two ways: (1) by sending your information or pictures via email to email@example.com, (2) by messaging your information or pictures via Facebook.|
Click on the first letter of the Municipality's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Municipality's Name
Note: Since 1997 Zamboanga.com has been trying to convince all the municipalities, cities and provinces to mention the name of the barangay where the municipality hall, city hall and provincial capitol is located in. We even wrote letters to the president requesting that the Malacañang palace shows the name of the barangay where it is in.
Bag, Ban, Bar, Bas, Be, Bgy, Bi, Bo, Bu, Bul
Cad, Cal, Cam, Car, Coa, Cogo, Cua
Dan, Day, Don, Dul
Kam, Kay, Kia
Mal, Man, Mar, Mat, Mina
Pala,Pang, Pian, Poblacion, Poblacion O,
Res, Rizal, Rizd
Sal, Sam, San, San F, San M, San R, San V, Santa, Santo, Se, Si, So, Su
Taga, Tika, Tua, Tung
Featured News of The Philippines
Updated: March 20, 2023
Ilocos Norte dads commend PH outstanding physician.
LAOAG CITY – The province of Ilocos Norte on Monday cited a physician from the province for his outstanding contribution to wellness and healing, notably during the height of the Covid-19 crisis. Dr. Norman Panfilo Rabago, 52, a resident of Barangay 23 San Matias here, received a resolution of commendation from members of the provincial board. He is currently the chief executive director of the Karmelli Clinic and Hospital Corporation in this city.
P7.6-M shabu seized in Lucena City drug bust
LUCENA CITY – A police buy-bust operation here on Monday morning resulted in the seizure of almost 375 grams of suspected shabu with a street value of PHP7.6 million from a vendor of used motorcycles. In a police report, Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit (PDEU) chief, Maj. Mendel Casao, said suspect Andrian Saludez, 34, a resident of Barangay Isabang, this city, is a high-value individual (HVI). He said Saludez was arrested after selling a sachet containing the suspected shabu to a poseur-buyer.
Pages in category "Municipalities Of The Philippines"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 1,495 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Valderrama, Antique, Philippines
- Valencia, Bohol, Philippines
- Valencia, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- Valladolid, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Vallehermoso, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- Veruela Agusan del Sur Philippines
- Victoria, Laguna, Philippines
- Victoria, Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
- Victoria, Northern Samar, Philippines
- Victoria, Tarlac, Philippines
- Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
- Villaba, Leyte, Philippines
- Villanueva, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- Villareal, Samar, Philippines
- Villasis, Pangasinan, Philippines
- Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- Villaviciosa, Abra, Philippines
- Vincenzo A. Sagun, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Vintar, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Vinzons, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- Virac, Catanduanes, Philippines