Category:Municipalities Of The Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
1,489 Municipalities in the Philippines
The philippines is divided into Regions, Provinces, Cities, Municipalities, and Barangays.
- Below is a list of municipalities listed in Alphabetical Order.
- To get the list of municipalities within each province, go to the Province page.
The Philippine Government defines a municipality as "a political corporate body which is endowed with the facilities of a municipal corporation, exercised by and through the municipal government in conformity with law. It is a subsidiary of the province which consists of a number of barangays within its territorial boundaries, one of which is the seat of government found at the town proper (poblacion)".
One very important factor to remember is that MUNICIPALITIES are not classified as CITIES. The list of cities in the Philippines will continue to increase as municipalities later become cities.
- As municipalities become cities the number of municipalities will diminish. However, as municipalities can reduce in number they may also increase in number. The number of municipalities may increase as Municipalities or Provinces get subdivided.
A municipality must qualify to be classified as a city.
- Help develop this municipality site: Cabatuan, Iloilo.
|The presidents of the Philippines haven't shown any respect for the Barangay system. Not a single president so far has honored the name of the barangay where the Malacañang Palace is located in. Will the 16th president (Duterte) be the first to start respecting the barangay system? So far he hasn't. As citizens, you can ask the president to do so. You can also help update the barangay pages in two ways: (1) by sending your information or pictures via email to email@example.com, (2) by messaging your information or pictures via .|
Click on the first letter of the Municipality's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Municipality's Name
Note: Since 1997 Zamboanga.com has been trying to convince all the municipalities, cities and provinces to mention the name of the barangay where the municipality hall, city hall and provincial capitol is located in. We even wrote letters to the president requesting that the Malacañang palace shows the name of the barangay where it is in.
, , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , ,
, , , , , ,
, , ,
, , , ,
Featured News of The Philippines
Updated: May 20, 2022
Covid-19 vax admin system goes digital in Biliran.
TACLOBAN CITY – Biliran province is now using the Vaccination Administration System (VAS) developed by the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) to speed up the registration of information against coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). DICT Eastern Visayas Regional Director Felix Tabanao Jr. said on Friday the system now covers all local government units in Biliran and their respective vaccination sites.
Milk from school feeding program downs 70 pupils in NegOr town
DUMAGUETE CITY – More than 70 grade school learners from at least two hinterland elementary schools in Sta. Catalina, Negros Oriental are being treated for gastroenteritis secondary to suspected food poisoning after consuming fresh milk on Thursday. Assistant Provincial Health Officer Dr. Liland Estacion on Friday told the Philippine News Agency that the students were brought to the Bayawan District Hospital in Bayawan City and a treatment facility in Sta. Catalina late Thursday night after they vomited and experienced stomach pain.
Pages in category "Municipalities Of The Philippines"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 1,524 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Tinambac, Camarines Sur, Philippines
- Tineg, Abra, Philippines
- Tinglayan, Kalinga, Philippines
- Tingloy, Batangas, Philippines
- Tinoc, Ifugao, Philippines
- Tipo-Tipo, Basilan, Philippines
- Titay, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Tiwi, Albay, Philippines
- Tobias Fornier, Antique, Philippines
- Toboso, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Tolosa, Leyte, Philippines
- Tomas Oppus, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- Torrijos, Marinduque, Philippines
- Trento Agusan del Sur Philippines
- Trinidad, Bohol, Philippines
- Tuao, Cagayan, Philippines
- Tuba, Benguet, Philippines
- Tubajon, Dinagat Islands, Philippines
- Tubao, La Union, Philippines
- Tubaran, Lanao del Sur, Philippines
- Tubay Agusan del Norte Philippines
- Tubigon, Bohol, Philippines
- Tublay, Benguet, Philippines
- Tubo, Abra, Philippines
- Tubod, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- Tubod, Surigao del Norte, Philippines
- Tubungan, Iloilo, Philippines
- Tuburan Cebu Philippines
- Tuburan, Basilan, Philippines
- Tudela Cebu Philippines
- Tudela, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
- Tugaya, Lanao del Sur, Philippines
- Tukuran, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Tulunan, Cotabato, Philippines
- Tumauini, Isabela, Philippines
- Tunga, Leyte, Philippines
- Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay, Philippines
- Tupi, South Cotabato, Philippines
- Turtle Islands, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
- Tuy, Batangas, Philippines
- Ubay, Bohol, Philippines
- Umingan, Pangasinan, Philippines
- Ungkaya Pukan, Basilan, Philippines
- Unisan, Quezon, Philippines
- United Bayanihan, San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines
- United Better Living, San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines
- Upi, Maguindanao, Philippines
- Urbiztondo, Pangasinan, Philippines
- Uson, Masbate, Philippines
- Uyugan, Batanes, Philippines
- Valderrama, Antique, Philippines
- Valencia, Bohol, Philippines
- Valencia, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- Valladolid, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Vallehermoso, Negros Oriental, Philippines
- Veruela Agusan del Sur Philippines
- Victoria, Laguna, Philippines
- Victoria, Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
- Victoria, Northern Samar, Philippines
- Victoria, Tarlac, Philippines
- Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
- Villaba, Leyte, Philippines
- Villanueva, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- Villareal, Samar, Philippines
- Villasis, Pangasinan, Philippines
- Villaverde, Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- Villaviciosa, Abra, Philippines
- Vincenzo A. Sagun, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Vintar, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Vinzons, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- Virac, Catanduanes, Philippines