Cagayan de Oro City
Cagayan de Oro City is the capital city of the Misamis Oriental province in the Philippines.
President Elpidio Quirino signed Republic Act No. 521, which granted the municipality of Cagayan de Misamis the status of a charted city making it officially known as Cagayan de Oro City. Vice president and former congressman Emmanuel Pelaez helped pushed this change of status from municipality into becoming a chartered city. Constant economic growth made it possible for the Ministry of Local Government on November 22, 1983 to declare CDO as a highly-urbanized city.
Barangays (80) of Cagayan de Oro City, in the Misamis Oriental Province within Region 10 in the Republic of The Philippines
Agusan • Baikingon • Balubal • Balulang • Barangay 1 (Pob.) • Barangay 2 (Pob.) • Barangay 3 (Pob.) • Barangay 4 (Pob.) • Barangay 5 (Pob.) • Barangay 6 (Pob.) • Barangay 7 (Pob.) • Barangay 8 (Pob.) • Barangay 9 (Pob.) • Barangay 10 (Pob.) • Barangay 11 (Pob.) • Barangay 12 (Pob.) • Barangay 13 (Pob.) • Barangay 14 (Pob.) • Barangay 15 (Pob.) • Barangay 16 (Pob.) • Barangay 17 (Pob.) • Barangay 18 (Pob.) • Barangay 19 (Pob.) • Barangay 20 (Pob.) • Barangay 21 (Pob.) • Barangay 22 (Pob.) • Barangay 23 (Pob.) • Barangay 24 (Pob.) • Barangay 25 (Pob.) • Barangay 26 (Pob.) • Barangay 27 (Pob.) • Barangay 28 (Pob.) • Barangay 29 (Pob.) • Barangay 30 (Pob.) • Barangay 31 (Pob.) • Barangay 32 (Pob.) • Barangay 33 (Pob.) • Barangay 34 (Pob.) • Barangay 35 (Pob.) • Barangay 36 (Pob.) • Barangay 37 (Pob.) • Barangay 38 (Pob.) • Barangay 39 (Pob.) • Barangay 40 (Pob.) • Bayabas • Bayanga • Besigan • Bonbon • Bugo • Bulua • Camaman-an • Canitoan • Carmen • Consolacion • Cugman • Dansolihon • F.S. Catanico • Gusa • Indahag • Iponan • Kauswagan • Lapasan • Lumbia • Macabalan • Macasandig • Mambuaya • Nazareth • Pagalungan • Pagatpat • Patag • Pigsag-an • Puerto • Puntod • San Simon • Tablon • Taglimao • Tagpangi • Tignapoloan • Tuburan • Tumpagon •
- Cagayan de Oro Ctiy is the capital city of the province of Misamis Oriental located in the northern part of Mindanao.
List of Municipalities in the Misamis Oriental Province within Region X in the Republic of The Philippines
Alubijid • Balingasag • Balingoan • Binuangan • Claveria • Gitagum • Initao • Jasaan • Kinoguitan • Lagonglong • Laguindingan • Libertad • Lugait • Magsaysay • Manticao • Medina • Naawan • Opol • Salay • Sugbongcogon • Tagoloan • Talisayan • Villanueva
Cities in the Province of Misamis Oriental: Cagayan de Oro City • El Salvador City • Gingoog City
Cagayan de Oro City Seal
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Cagayan de Oro City|
Cagayan de Oro City within Misamis Oriental
The municipalities and cities within the province of Misamis oriental
Location of Misamis Oriental within The Philippines
Cagayan de Oro City Public Market
The river of cagayan de oro city
Iponan river cagayan de oro city
St. Augustine Metropolitan Cathedral
Flood Waters in the streets of Cagayan de Oro City
Cagayan de Oro City Buildings
Bus Terminal, Bulua, Cagayan de Oro City
SM Mall of lumbia cagayan de oro
- 1 Cagayan de Oro City News
- 2 Location of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 3 History of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 4 People of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of MISAMIS ORIENTAL, Philippines
- 5 Elected Government Officials of Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 7 Why Invest in Cagayan de Oro
- 8 Real Estate for Sale or lease in Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 9 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 10 Schools in Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 11 Economy of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 12 Natural Resources of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 13 Tourists Attractions of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 14 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 15 Your Story about Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 16 The oldest man or woman in Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 17 Featured News of The Philippines
- 18 Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 19 Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines Photo Gallery
- 20 Disclaimer
- Monday, July 15, 2019 11:39 pm
- By Daphne Galvez (Reporter, INQUIRER.net)
MANILA, Philippines — The passenger terminal at the Port of Cagayan de Oro, considered as the country’s biggest, was inaugurated on Monday, July 15, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) announced.
The building, which is within the Passenger Terminal Complex of the port, is a massive two-storey building with a total floor area of 5,597 square meters, the department said.
The new terminal has a capacity of 3,000 passengers, which is triple its previous capacity.
Transport Secretary Arthur Tugade led the inauguration, along with Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) General Manager Jay Santiago and PPA Port Manager for Misamis Oriental/Cagayan de Oro Isidro Butaslac Jr.
“I have inaugurated many terminals during our term, and the truth is, this is the biggest passenger terminal building in the Republic of the Philippines,” Tugade said in a statement.
“This project will fulfill the President’s wish of achieving mobility and connectivity between the Visayas and Mindanao,” Tugade said in Filipino. “With this terminal, you will have a convergence of people for mobility that will lead to economic growth.”
For his part, Santiago said: “As the PPA welcomed its 45th founding anniversary, we have this huge PTB to stand as the emblem of our service and dedication… We hope that this new PTB will contribute to the socio-economic growth, not just of Cagayan de Oro, but of the entire Northern Mindanao region,” Santiago said in the same statement.
Location of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
Cagayan de Oro Ctiy is the capital city of the province of Misamis Oriental located in the northern part of Mindanao.
It is located at 8Â°29′N 124Â°39′E, in Mindanao. It is bordered by the province of Bukidnon to the east and south and by the municipality of Manticao, Misamis Oriental to the west. On the north lies Macajalar Bay in the Bohol Sea. The Cagayan River divides the city in the middle. The river is crossed by four bridges in the city. The city is surrounded by municipalites. The city is located in the province of Misamis Oriental and Region X. The city is outside the typhoon belt, but it is affected by the Inter-Tropical Convergence Zone. The city is bordered by Opol, Tagoloan, and Bukidnon.
The southern portion of the city is bordered by the Provinces of Bukidnon and Lanao del Norte. The Municipality of Opol borders the city on the west and Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental to the east. To the north lies Macajalar Bay facing Bohol Sea.
Its total land area is 488.86 km² representing 13.9% of the entire Misamis Oriental Province. It includes 25 kilometers of coastline and a fine deep-water harbor, Macajalar Bay. 44.7% of the surface of Cagayan de Oro is classified as agricultural land and 38.4% is classified as open spaces.
History of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
The City's history dates back many centuries before the Spaniards came to Cagayan when the territory was called Kalambagohan. Its main town, Himologan, was a hill-top fortress situated some eight kilometers south of the present Poblacion.
At the time when the first Spanish missionaries came in 1622, the people of Cagayan had tributary relation to Kudarat, the Muslim Sultan of Maguindanao empire in Cotabato. However, the people had not embraced Islam and instead, many became Christians after sometime. Because of this, Muslim warriors began to attack the settlement. As a defense strategy, the priests persuaded the people to transfer from the hilltop to a better location which is the present site of the Saint Augustine Cathedral. The Cagayanons were able to defend themselves for almost 250 years from Muslim harassment.
In 1738, Spanish dominance was felt in Cagayan. When Misamis gained status of province in 1818, one of its four districts was the Partidos de Cagayan.
In 1871, the "Partidos" became a town and was made permanent capital of Misamis. In 1883, the town became seat of the Spanish government in Mindanao for the provinces of Misamis Oriental, Misamis Occidental, Bukidnon, Lanao del Norte. Consequently, from a purely farming-fishing area, Cagayan emerged into a booming commerce and trade center.
The war years in Cagayan were prompted by the presence of the Americans in 1898. The Americans were initially and successfully repulsed by the local forces led by Major Apolinar Velez at the historic battle of Macahambus in June 4, 1900.
After the troubled years, peace finally brought back the economic activities to normal under the guidance of Americans. St. Augustine School, the forerunner of the present Xavier University and of Lourdes College, was inaugurated in 1928.
On June 15, 1950 President Elpidio Quirino signed Republic Act No. 521, which granted the status of a chartered city to the municipality of Cagayan de Oro.
Following these events, the socio-economic order underwent some far-reaching changes. Activities grew in scale and importance until it developed as the administrative center for the entire Northern Mindanao (Region X and XIII).
Today, Cagayan de Oro is one of the fastest growing cities in the country and was declared a “Highly Urbanized City” by the Ministry of Local Government last November 22, 1983.
- articlel from the city of Cagayan de Oro verbatim
People of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of MISAMIS ORIENTAL, Philippines
- Populaton of Cagayan de Oro City as per 2015 Census: 675,950
- Populaton of Cagayan de Oro City as per 2010 Census: 602,088
- Registered voters of Cagayan de Oro City as of 2010 per Comelec: 287,025
The people of Cagayan de Oro are fluent in many languages. English is widely used in government, the academic community, and business written communication. The conversational language of the city is Bisaya. The Filipino national language is also widely spoken by the population of Cagayan de Oro City. There are several other ethnic dialects spoken in the city.
Majority of the people in Cagayan de Oro speak Cebuano (also called Bisaya), although most residents understand Tagalog. The national language of the Philippines is Filipino and all students in elementary and high schools in CDO take classes in Filipino. Most government employees and business people have good command of the English language.
People from Cagayan de Oro are called Cagay-anons.
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Budget of Municipalities and Cities: The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. It has been decentralized since 1991. It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!".
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State and finance the religion of Islam. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". We need a representation of a MINIMUM of one SENATOR per REGION..
- Contrary to Pres. Duterte's ranting (July 2019): Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4.
- Elected City Officials of Cagayan de Oro City for the term of 2016-2019
- Mayor of Cagayan de Oro City: Oscar Seriña Moreno
- Vice Mayor of Cagayan de Oro City: Raineir Joaquin Uy
- Congressman of Cagayan de Oro City, 1st District: Rolando Uy
- Congressman of Cagayan de Oro City, 2nd District: Maximo Rodriguez JR.
- Councilors - 1st District:
- Zaldy Ocon
- Lordan Suan
- Inday Dahino
- Jay Pascual
- Gen Calizo
- George Goking
- Annie Daba
- Reuben Daba
- Councilors - 2nd District:
- Nadya Emano
- Maria Lourdes Gaane
- Jun Acenas
- Ian Nacaya
- Leon Gan Jr.
- Bong Lao
- Suzette Magtajas-daba
- Eric Salcedo
- Elected City Officials of Cagayan de Oro City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Cagayan de Oro City: Oscar Seriña Moreno - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice Mayor of Cagayan de Oro City: Caesar Ian E. Acenas - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Congressman of Cagayan de Oro City, 1st District:
- UY, KLAREX - LIBERAL PARTY
- Congressman of Cagayan de Oro City, 2nd District:
- Rufus B. Rodriguez - CENTRIST DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF THE PHILS.
- Councilors - 1st District
- DARIMBANG, CANDY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 37228 8.93%
- OCON, ZALDY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 31012 7.44%
- ABADAY, ROGER (PDP) PARTIDO DEMOKRATIKO PILIPINO LAKAS NG BAYAN 29876 7.16%
- DABA, ANNIE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 29742 7.13%
- DAHINO, INDAY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 29296 7.03%
- PAJO, DANTE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 26537 6.36%
- BACAL, ALDEN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 24804 5.95%
- BARBA, ADDIE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 24768 5.94%
- Councilors - 2nd District
- TABOR, RAMON (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 41497 7.75%
- LAO, BONG (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 39254 7.33%
- EMANO, NADYA (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 38814 7.25%
- GAN, LEON JR. (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 37036 6.92%
- DACER, ALEX (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 35151 6.56%
- SALCEDO, ERIC (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 35068 6.55%
- ACENAS, JUN INDEPENDENT 34215 6.39%
- ELIPE, PRESIDENT (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 32551 6.08%
- Elected City Officials of Cagayan de Oro City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Cagayan de Oro City: Vicente Y. Emano
- Vice Mayor of Cagayan de Oro City: Caesar Ian E. Acenas
- Congressman of Cagayan de Oro City, 1st District
- Congressman of Cagayan de Oro City, 2nd District
- Councilors - 1st District
- Councilors - 2nd District
- Sk Federation President
Businesses in Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Julies Bakeshop and Monterey Meatshop
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Businesses in Cagayan de Oro
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals, Health Care Centers in Cagayan de Oro
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses, Resorts, Country Clubs
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes, etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops), Catering Services
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Cagayan de Oro is a veritable goldmine for those in search of new tourist and investment destination.
The city has a reservoir of advantages: no typhoons all year round, rich agricultural environments, a broad consumer and manpower base, cheap and abundant power, strategically located internation seaports, modern telecommunication facilities, adequate infrastructure and a highly efficient educational system.As the trade and service center of Northern Mindanao, the city is a prime location for cost-effective air, land and sea transit. Moreover, its striving business community and the necessary business support facilities makes the process of doing business relaxed and pleasurable.
The soundness of the Cagayan de Oro business climate as well as its metropolitan flavor combined with the warm and easy nature of the local people gives it a self-contained setting that motivated an increasing number expatriate business to stay in the city for good.
As an urban center with a regional market orientation, a high level of market sophistication and an economy closely intertwined with the economies of the entire region, the city is poised for planned, rapid and sustained growth.
- article from the city of Cagayan de Oro.
- Cagayan de Oro City Realty
- If you have real estate property for sale in Cagayan de Oro City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
The name of your school in Cagayan de Oro City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talk about the improvement of the economy of Cagayan de Oro City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Cagayan de Oro City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Cagayan de Oro City" page.
Natural Resources of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Cagayan de Oro City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Cagayan de Oro City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Cagayan de Oro City landmarks here.
- Cagayan de Oro has the best White Water Rafting in the Philippines.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Cagayan de Oro City.
Your Story about Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Cagayan de Oro City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Cagayan de Oro City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Stocks up, peso stronger
- Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Share prices ended higher yesterday as investors tracked overseas leads to trade the market.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) was up 70.20 points to 7,858.65, a 0.9 percent hike ........... Full Story»
- Manufacturing outlook bullish
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- The Philippine manufacturing sector showed resilience growing 4.4 percent in the first half of 2019 buoyed by sustained growth in few export markets and strong domestic demand.
- Ramon Lopez, secretary of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said external demand has generally been dampened by weaker economic and manufacturing activities in many economies due to the escalation of global trade tensions especially between US and China. This has increased policy uncertainty and disrupted manufacturing activities in the global value chain ........... Full Story»
- Festivals in the month of November in the philippines
Adivay: November : La Trinidad, Benquet ★ Banaag Festival: November 1 : Anilao, Iloilo ★ P'yagsawitan Festival: November 3rd week: Maragusan Compostela Valley ★ Binabayani Festival: November Last week: Olongapo, Zamboales ★ Tan-OK ni Ilocano Festival: November third week: Ilocos Norte ★ Crown Festival: November 3rd week: Taytay, Rizal ★ Tumba (Candle) Festival: November 2: San Luis, Batangas ★ Pinta Flores Festival: November 3 to 5: San Carlos City, Negros Occidental ★ San Carlos City Fiesta: November 4: San Carlos City, Negros Occidental ★ Angono Arts Festival: November 5 to 25: Angono, Rizal ★
- PSC allots another P1.2 billion for athletes training in bid to win SEA Games overall title
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:35 am
- There was never a time in the history of Philippine sports that a government agency has allotted—and is prepared to spend—over a billion pesos in preparation for a big international event such as the Southeast Asian Games.
- The Philippine Sports Commission (PSC), through Chair Butch Ramirez, announced on Wednesday that the agency has appropriated P1.2 billion for the training and foreign exposure of national athletes training for the 30th edition of the Games the country is hosting later this year ............................... Full Story»
Cagayan de Oro City, Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Cagayan de Oro City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Misamis Oriental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.