Biliran Province, Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - ARMM
Seal of the Province of Biliran
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Biliran|
Biliran Province within The Philippines
Provincial Capitol Building of Biliran
Biliran Province, Philippines
- Biliran is an island Province. In the island of Biliran.
- Biliran has a total of 132 barangays, 8 municipalites, and 0 cities
- Registered Voters of Biliran as of (2010) = 81,958
- Population of Biliran (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 150,031
- Land Area of Biliran (as of 2007, in hectares) = 53,601
- Biliran is a 4th class province.
- The province of Biliran is within Region VIII - Eastern Visiyas.
- The capital of Biliran is the municipality of Naval.
- 1 Geography of Biliran, Philippines
- 2 Location of Biliran, Philippines
- 3 History of Biliran, Philippines
- 4 People of Biliran, Philippines
- 5 Local Government Unit LGU of Biliran, Philippines
- 6 Businesses in Biliran, Philippines
- 7 Biliran, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 8 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Biliran, Philippines
- 9 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Biliran, Philippines
- 10 Schools in Biliran, Philippines
- 11 Economy of Biliran, Philippines
- 12 Natural Resources of Biliran, Philippines
- 13 Tourists Attractions of Biliran, Philippines
- 14 Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Biliran, Philippines
- 15 Philippine News
- 16 Biliran News
- 17 Biliran Zip Codes
- 18 Biliran, Philippines Photo Gallery
Geography of Biliran, Philippines
Biliran is an island province just north of the island of Leyte in the Eastern Visayas region.
Location of Biliran, Philippines
Biliran is located ....
History of Biliran, Philippines
The begining of Biliran
People of Biliran, Philippines
Total Population of Biliran
Local Government Unit LGU of Biliran, Philippines
- Elected officials of Biliran Province for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor: Gerardo Jimenez Espina Jr.
- Provincial Vice-Governor: Manuel Bornillo Montejo Jr.
- House Representative: Glenn Ang Chong
- Provincial Board Members:
Businesses in Biliran, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Biliran.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Biliran
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Biliran, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Biliran, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Biliran, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Biliran, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Biliran here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Biliran here.
- List the Methodist churches in Biliran here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Biliran here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Biliran here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Biliran here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Biliran here.
- List the Baptist churches in Biliran here.
Schools in Biliran, Philippines
The name of your school in Biliran can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Biliran, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Biliran you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Biliran, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Biliran, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Biliran, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Biliran in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Biliran. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Biliran landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Biliran, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Biliran.
- 6% growth target stays
- Monday, Septembe 16, 2019
- The Department of Finance (DOF) said the government is maintaining its growth target of six percent or higher this year, even as the economy settled at only 5.5 percent growth in the first semester given the delay in the enactment of the 2019 General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- Carlos Dominguez, finance secretary, also said to avoid a repeat of the 2019 budget delay, leaders of both the Senate and the House of Representatives are meeting every month to monitor the progress on the budget and the 25 priority bills enumerated in the 4th State-of-the-Nation Address ........... Full Story»
- Stocks up, peso stronger
- Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Share prices ended higher yesterday as investors tracked overseas leads to trade the market.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) was up 70.20 points to 7,858.65, a 0.9 percent hike ........... Full Story»
- Inaugural triathlon at New Clark City set
- Monday, August 16, 2019 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines — All is set for the New Clark City Triathlon which is the first triathlon event to be held at the New Clark City Sports Complex in Capas, Tarlac on Oct. 19-20.
- GoClark Sports and Events has partnered with presenting sponsor Robinsons Land Corp. in this triathlon featuring the swim event at the Aquatics Center, the 20km bike in the newly built New Clark City-SCTex connecting road and the run course in the sports complex, including the warm-up athletic track, the river park and a finish lap around the 20,000-seater Athletics Stadium ............................... Full Story»
More than P10-M agrarian infra projects inaugurated in Biliran
- Source: http://pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?menu=2&webregion=R08&article=1331334218549
- By: Rodrigo S. Victoria
- April 12, 2012
NAVAL, Biliran- A total of P10,070,021 worth of Agrarian Reform Infrastructure Support Project (ARISP) of the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) were inaugurated in Biliran province yesterday, April 12.
These ARISP III projects, which include the concreting of Kasabangan farm-to-market-road, Balaquid Communal Irrigation System, and Balaquid Level II Potable Water System, were all located in Barangay Balaquid, an agrarian reform community situated in the municipality of Cabucgayan in Biliran province.
The newly inaugurated Kasabangan farm-to-market road with a total project cost of P5,078,237 has a total length of 0.5129-km concrete pavement and 1.79-km improvement. The project that was implemented by the Department of Public Works and Highways-Biliran Engineering District is expected to benefit 650 agrarian reform beneficiaries.
The other inaugurated project, which is the Balaquid Communal Irrigation System with a total project cost of P2,284,330, is expected to benefit 60 members of Kasabangan-Balaquid Irrigators Association. The irrigation project that was implemented by the National Irrigation Administration will provide water to 60 hectares of farmlands in the area.
Aside from the two inaugurated projects, the groundbreaking of the Balaquid Level II Potable Water System with a total project cost of P2,706,854 was also done. The project that will be implemented by the municipal local government unit of Cabucgayan is expected to cover and serve the needs for potable water to 208 households in Barangay Balaquid.
Source of funds for these three projects came from the Agrarian Reform Infrastructure Support Project III (ARISP III) through the Japan International Cooperation and from the Government of the Philippines.
Biliran Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Biliran.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Biliran, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Biliran Province, Philippines]]