LOG IN. UPLOAD PICTURES.
The Philippines has Zamboanga Shopping to help propagate the Chavacano Language
Balatanay, Isabela City, Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Barangays of Isabela City within Region 9 in the Republic of The Philippines
Aguada • Balatanay • Baluno • Begang • Binuangan • Busay • Cabunbata • Calvario • Carbon • Diki • Dona Ramona T. Alano • Isabela Eastside • Isabela Proper • Kapatagan Grande • Kapayawan • Kaumpurnah Zone I • Kaumpurnah Zone II • Kaumpurnah Zone III • Kumalarang • La Piedad • Lampinigan • Lanote • Lukbuton • Lumbang • Makiri • Maligue • Marang-marang • Marketsite • Masula • Menzi • Panigayan • Panunsulan • Port Area • Riverside • San Rafael • Santa Barbara • Santa Cruz • Seaside • Small Kapatagan • Sumagdang • Sunrise Village • Tabiawan • Tabuk • Tampalan • Timpul
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. "Budgetary planning has been DECENTRALIZED since 1991". It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Create Name's page
Regions | Philippine Provinces | Philippine Cities | Municipalities | Barangays | High School Reunions
|Isabela City is not part of the ARMM, the BARMM or the Bangsamoro. Our city welcomes all followers of all religions. We love UNITY.|
We will not bow down to an Islamic invasion.
We will not be ruled by Sharia Law. We want to live in peace with everybody.
Bangsamoro, LEAVE US ALONE!
Stay out of Isabela City. Do not try to infiltrate our government.
Map of Isalbela City and its barangays
Isabela City within the Island of Basilan
Locator Map of Basilan
Balatanay, Isabela City,
Location of Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
- Balatanay is one of the Barangays of Isabela City.
- Isabela City is in the island province of Basilan but not part of the ARMM and is within Region_IX.
History of Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
Contribute your knowledge about the history of Balatanay
People of Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
- Total Population of Balatanay as of 2020 census: 637
Elected Government Officials of Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
- Elected Officers of Balatanay for the term of 2018 - 2020
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Abdurahman Hussien Amsajin
- Barangay Kagawads/Councilors:
- Abdulgani Indal Sala
- Abdul-Azis Omar Gapur
- Nadzmi Erilis Ismael
- Muntaser Yu Hassan
- Amar Abubakar Omar
- Serhan Datu Indal Ibrahim
- Marispa Ismael Abubakar
- Sangguniang Kabataan (SK officials)
- SK Chairman: Whalid Ismael Omar
- SK kagawad:
- 7 members: need their names
- Elected Officials for the term of 2013 - 2016
- Result from the COMELEC is not available yet as of 18 October 2014.You may email email@example.com to inquire.
- Elected Balatanay Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- City Of Isabela, Balatanay, Barangay Chairman, Abdulhamid A Omar
- City Of Isabela, Balatanay, Kagawad 1, Abdulmannan G Abubakar
- City Of Isabela, Balatanay, Kagawad 2, Abi A Omar
- City Of Isabela, Balatanay, Kagawad 3, Abdurahman H Amsajin
- City Of Isabela, Balatanay, Kagawad 4, Imran D Sala
- City Of Isabela, Balatanay, Kagawad 5, Ramel A Omar
- City Of Isabela, Balatanay, Kagawad 6, Nadzmi E Ismael
- City Of Isabela, Balatanay, Kagawad 7, Saidul H Abubakar
- City Of Isabela, Balatanay, SK Chairman, Hermina I Omar
This is the "Barangay Code of the Philippines".
- Every Government Unit in the Philippines is within a Barangay. The municipal hall, city hall, the provincial capitol building, and even the Malacañang Palace where the president resides is within a Barangay.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress. Not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads or any infrastructure need to be built, improved or repaired, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and present it to the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
- Each city or municipality is represented by the "barangay association or federation". The elected president of the Association of Barangay Council and the President of Kabataan (SK) association each have a seat in the City/Municipality council. Their powers are the same and equal to the elected city/municipality councilors. They are there to help lobby the demands of the barangays. They are not there just to collect a big salary and rub elbows with the regular elected city/municipality council, but to also represent the needs of the barangays.
- The duties of the barangay officials are specifically written in Chapter III(Punong Barangay) and Chapter IV (The Sangguniang Barangay). Read it..
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, the "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove or suspend any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president unless an official complaint has been filed, there must be proof and there must be due process. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4, Section 60. Information is power. Be informed. Do not be intimidated by the president, senator, congressman, governor, mayor, vice-mayor, or councilors. Do your job.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- If the power lines are sagging, don't go to the power company, go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the power company.
- If the water lines are busted, don't wait for the water company, go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the water company.
- If the potholes in the road are not fixed, don't wait for the The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the DPWH.
- Are you beginning to get the point?
Cleaning the shorelines, drainage systems, streets, rivers, and parks within your barangay is YOUR responsibility. You are accountable for this. It is not the responsibility of the City/Municipality officials. The citizens and officials of the barangay are responsible. Stop blaming others.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. "Budgetary planning has been DECENTRALIZED since 1991". It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. Even the candidate for president. But after the election they ignore you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of Islam is financed by the Philippine government. Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
Businesses in Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Balatanay.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Take a picture of your Business in Balatanay. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your barangay page. It is that easy.
- Businesses in Balatanay
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Balatanay, you can list that property for FOR FREE.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via Facebook.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
The schools in Balatanay
Economy of Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Balatanay, Isabela City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Balatanay, Isabela City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Balatanay, Isabela City. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
Tourists Attractions of Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Balatanay. This will help boost the local economy of Balatanay. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Balatanay landmarks here.
- Places to see in Balatanay:
Fiestas and Traditions of Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
Fiesta date of Balatanay
Your Story about Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
Tell your story about Balatanay. You can talk about the good things in Balatanay or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Balatanay. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Balatanay? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Balatanay. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Balatanay, Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Balatanay? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Balatanay? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Balatanay.
Sports News: updated 11/10/21
Kaya Iloilo sweeps Group B in Copa '21
MANILA – Kaya Iloilo pipped Mendiola with a 6-0 beating on Wednesday night to complete a sweep of Group B action in the Copa Paulino Alcantara at the PFF National Training Centre in Carmona.
A Jovin Bedic brace in the first half set the tone for the inaugural tournament champ even as the club netted three goals in each of the two halves to seal the top seed in its group ahead of the semifinals next week.
Bedic capitalized on an erroneous Mendiola attempt to keep the ball out of his reach and quickly raced inside the penalty box to open the scoring for Kaya Iloilo in the 11th minute.
News and Events
Updated: March 23, 2023
Army chief affirms territorial security as long-term plan.
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – The chief of the Philippine Army declared on Thursday that territorial security would be a crucial element of the military's long-term goals. During an interview here, Lt. Gen. Romeo Brawner Jr. said efforts to strengthen territorial security had already been set in motion last year, following President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.'s declaration that "we will not give up an inch of our territory." Brawner emphasized that one way to reinforce security measures was to equip the Army with the latest tools and facilities under the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Modernization Program.
Zamboanga City conducts house-to-house drive vs. dengue
ZAMBOANGA CITY – The City Health Office (CHO) has assigned personnel to continue the local government's campaign against dengue hemorrhagic fever as cases continue to appear in various villages in the city. The personnel assigned to sustain the anti-dengue campaign consist of job order employees for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). They conduct a house-to-house campaign in different barangays, especially those with recorded dengue cases, to make residents aware of dengue control and prevention.
Why Z-Wiki Balatanay, Isabela City?
We want to give the people of Balatanay the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Balatanay is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Balatanay participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to Balatanay.
Balatanay, Isabela City Photo and Image Gallery
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Balatanay.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Balatanay, Isabela City Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Isabela City, Basilan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Basilan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Balatanay, Isabela City, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.