Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Within these 17 regions in the Philippines, there are 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
- Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Barangays of Mandaue City, in the Cebu Province within Region 7 in the Republic of the Philippines
Alang-alang | Bakilid | Banilad | Basak | Cabancalan | Cambaro | Canduman | Casili | Casuntingan | Centro | Cubacub | Guizo | Ibabao-Estancia | Jagobiao | Labogon | Looc | Maguikay | Mantuyong | Opao | Pakna-an | Pagsabungan | Subangdaku | Tabok | Tawason | Tingub | Tipolo | Umapad
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Mandaue City Map Locator
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
Please Upload Picture
Location of Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
History of Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
The people who lived in this place called it bakilid for its very steep topography, as opposed to a gently rolling, terrain of a hill. “Diha’s dapit sa bakilid nga bungtod” (near the very steep hill) was how they would locate their village to those who asked. The bakilid part caught on and is still in usage.
Mrs. Corazon B. Ruelan And her group spearheaded the separation of a different barangay carved out from Maguikay and Tipolo in the 1970s. Their request was granted and they retained the old name instead of calling it after some Roman Catholic saint as others are wont to do. Mrs. Ruelan became the first Barangay Captain saint as others are wont to do. Mrs. Ruelan became the first Barangay Captain of Bakilid. The bakilid nga bungtod topographical feature can still be discerned, inspite of the vertical development and public works done along A.S. Fortuna, as the road rises from the San Miguel Corporation gate on that street. Sky Cable and Kan-a-nan sa Bakilid are on top of that sharp mound.
People of Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- Population of Bakilid, CITY OF MANDAUE as of 2020 census: 4,387
Local Government Unit LGU of Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- Elected Officers of Bacjao for the term of 2018 - 2020
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Lumapas,Jimmy C.
- Barangay Kagawads/Councilors:
- Cortes, Roy L.
- Antipuesto, Ivy F.
- Tecson, Joel P.
- Sanchez, Pablito S.
- Marvin Jaime Sanchez
- Albaño, Resituto O.
- Godinez, Gloria B.
- Sangguniang Kabataan (SK officials)
- SK Chairman: James Ugarte Lumapas
- SK kagawad:
- Shaun Neil Ynot Aribe
- Rihz Ann Arreglado Mahusay
- Ma. Lie Masong Jayme
- Stephene Ygay Dakay
- Diether Franza Del Socorro Arriesgado
- Lester Elmar Lucero Ceniza
- Jimrick Jayme Trinidad
- Elected Officers of Bakilid for the term of 2013-2016-18
- Punong Barangay (Captain/Chairman) <> :Villamor, Dionisio Bensig
- Barangay Kagawad <>: Flores, Samuel Sanchez
- Barangay Kagawad <>: Lumapas, Roy Cortes
- Barangay Kagawad <>: Remedio, Arthur Marababol
- Barangay Kagawad <>: Orlanes, Restituto Albaño
- Barangay Kagawad <>: Villamor, Susan Galdo
- Barangay Kagawad <>: Rostata, Joviros Devaras
- Barangay Kagawad <>: Sanchez, Martin Jaime
- Elected Officers of Bakilid for the term of 2010-2013
- Cebu, Mandaue City, Bakilid, Punong Barangay (Chairman), Dionisio B Villamor
- Cebu, Mandaue City, Bakilid, Kagawad 1, Gloria G Barreto
- Cebu, Mandaue City, Bakilid, Kagawad 2, Aproniano S Obenza
- Cebu, Mandaue City, Bakilid, Kagawad 3, Mario S Marababol
- Cebu, Mandaue City, Bakilid, Kagawad 4, Joel T Tecson
- Cebu, Mandaue City, Bakilid, Kagawad 5, Elsa S Vera Cruz
- Cebu, Mandaue City, Bakilid, Kagawad 6, Gerardo C Mendoza
- Cebu, Mandaue City, Bakilid, Kagawad 7, Samuel S Flores
- Cebu, Mandaue City, Bakilid, SK Chairman, Jaman Jericho G Dinsay
Businesses in Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- An appeal to all business owners: Include the name of the Barangay in the address of your company. This will help promote your barangay.
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center. If you do not want to "wiki-upload", email your picture to email@example.com
- Give your business a good description. Add your address(include barangay name) and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses in your Barangay
- Lending Firms, Pawnshops, any Financial businesses
- Clinics and Care Centers
- Convenient Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Agrivets, or Any kind of Retail Outlet
- Fish & Meat Markets
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants or Carenderias (carinderias), bakeshops
- Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
Real Estate for Sale in Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Bakilid, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, classes for the year 2021-2022 will be opened but will be monitored.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The schools in Bakilid
Economy of Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Bakilid, Mandaue City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Bakilid, Mandaue City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Bakilid, Mandaue City. Where does the energy source of this Mandaue City come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
Tourists Attractions of Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Bakilid in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Bakilid. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Bakilid landmarks here.
Fiestas and Traditions of Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
Fiesta date of Bakilid
Your Story about Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
Tell your story about Bakilid. You can talk about the good things in Bakilid or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Bakilid. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Bakilid, Mandaue City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Mandaue City, Cebu Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines]]
Featured News of The Philippines
Updated: November 1, 2022
Over 65K people in Central Visayas affected by Paeng.
DUMAGUETE CITY – The Department of Social Welfare and Development in Region 7 (DSWD-7) has reported that Tropical Storm Paeng affected 65,461 people or 3,561 families in 220 barangays in the four Central Visayas provinces. A report from the DSWD-7 obtained by the Philippine News Agency on Tuesday showed that as of Oct. 31, more than PHP759,000 in assistance was also handed out by the agency through their local counterparts in the aftermath of the storm. The assistance includes food packs, hot meals, modular tents, and hygiene kits, among others.
Paeng damage to W. Visayas agri sector now at P363-M
BACOLOD CITY – The onslaught of Severe Tropical Storm Paeng left an estimated damage of PHP362.934 million to crops in Western Visayas as of Tuesday. A progress report of the Department of Agriculture Region 6 (DA-6) cited by the Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council Emergency Operations Center showed the affected crops include rice, corn, and other high value-crops with a total volume of 14,002 metric tons (MT), of which more than 10,000 MT is for rice alone.
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.