List of the 17 Regions in the Philippines
National - Capital Region ● I - Ilocos ● II - Cagayan ● III - C. Luzon ● IV-A - Calabarzon ● IV-B - Mimaropa ● V - Bicol ● VI - W. Visayas ● VII - C. Visayas ● VIII - E. Visayas ● IX - Zamboanga ● X - N. Mindanao ● XI - Davao ● XII - Soccsksargen ● XIII - Caraga ● XIV - CAR ● XV - BARMM
Minimize corruption and maximize prosperity with a Guarantee of One Senator per Region. They divided the Philippines into REGIONS, but kept SENATORIAL representation national with no accountability to any regions.. No wonder many regions remain poor. Petition for a regional senatorial election. All regions will have senatorial representation.
Visit to help propagate the
Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
The Philippines has 42,046 barangays, 1488 municipalities, 146 cities, 81 provinces and 17 regions. It has a democratic form of government and the freedom of speech is upheld by law. English is the "lingua franca" and is the mode of instruction in all high schools, colleges and universities. Laws and contracts are written in English.
Barangays of Daram, in the Western Samar Province within Region 8-Eastern Visayas of The Philippines
Arawane • Astorga • Bachao • Baclayan • Bagacay • Bayog • Betaug • Birawan • Bono-anon • Buenavista • Burgos • Cabac • Cabil-isan • Cabiton-an • Cabugao • Cagboboto • Calawan-an • Cambuhay • Campelipa • Candugue • Canloloy • Cansaganay • Casab-ahan • Guindapunan • Guintampilan • Iquiran • Jacopon • Losa • Lucob-lucob • Mabini • Macalpe • Mandoyucan • Marupangdan • Mayabay • Mongolbongol • Nipa • Parasan • Poblacion 1 (Hilaba) • Poblacion 2 (Malingon) • Poblacion 3 (Canti-il) • Pondang • Poso • Real • Rizal • San Antonio • San Jose • San Miguel • San Roque • San Vicente • Saugan • So-ong • Sua • Sugod • Talisay • Tugas • Ubo • Valles-Bello • Yangta
The Philippines has been a "decentralized" form of government since 1991, contrary to what most Filipinos think. Ever since the creation of Republic Act 7160, each LGU is responsible for its own domain. Even the smallest LGU the barangay creates its own Budget. It is not dependent on handouts from the city, municipality or province. "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Dietary supplement is a product that contains vitamins, minerals, herbs or other botanicals, amino acids, enzymes, and/or other ingredients intended to supplement the diet. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has special labeling requirements for dietary supplements and treats them as foods, not drugs.
Bagacay Barangay Seal Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Western Samar|
Samar Province within The Philippines
Herbal Medicine, Heals Naturally and Maintains good health! Allows us to live Long and Prosper! We are one with Flora. Throughout time humans and the animal kingdom have relied on the healing power of herbs. We used them in several ways: we have ingested them, rubbed them on our bodies, bathed in them, even used them in our cooking to flavor our foods.Herbal Medicine, Heals Naturally and Maintains good health! Allows us to live Long and Prosper! We are one with Flora. Throughout time humans and the animal kingdom have relied on the healing power of herbs. We used them in several ways: we have ingested them, rubbed them on our bodies, bathed in them, even used them in our cooking to flavor our foods.
Bagacay Barangay Hall Picture
Bagacay Barangay Health Center
Bagacay National High School
Bagacay Elementary School
Location of Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
- Bagacay is one of the Barangays of Daram.
- Daram is in the Province of Samar
- The province of Samar is in Region 8 – Eastern Visayas Region.
History of Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
Contribute your knowledge about the history of Bagacay
Yesterdays and Todays History of Brgy. Bagacay
Hadto na panahon han Espanyol, waray iba na nagpondar ini nga baryo kondi an pamilya han Salentes, hi Santiago, Juan at Pedro, amu ito hira an tag pondar.
An pag ngarane hine nga baryo Bagacay, may-ada hadto usa ka tawo nga nagpapas-an hin bagacay, gin paki-anhan hiya han Espanyol kun ano ini dinhe nga lugar, an kahuna han tawo nga nagpapaki-ana kun ano an iya dara, salit binaton hiya nga bagacay, an kasiring han espanyol nga bagacay an ngaran hine na lugar.
Sanglit, gin ngaranan han espanyol baryo han Bagacay, ngan an una nga nag tinyente hine nga barangay hi Santiago Salentes. Kon ha yana na mga panahon , brgy. Captain, ngan hadto , waray pa honorarium an mga brgy. Officials.
Ngan hadto nga panahon, an naturok hine dinhe nga mga kakahuyan, mga lawa-an, ngan damo hadto an mga kamiyapin-an, ngan kanipa-an, damo pa an madadakop nga mga kaisda-an, ngan may-ada pa hadto, mga dagko nga isda, mga nesangya nganhi ha baybayon , ngan may-ada nadadakop nga mga baboy nga ihalas.
Han 18th century, an kapilya nakadto pa ha salog, nga yana gin ngangaranan hin purok 1, ha pagka-yana an aton simbahan ada makikita hin gi-otan han purok 5 ngan purok 6.
An aton eskuwelahan natindog , han 19th century, ngan an syahan nga mag turutdo hi Bartolome Figueroa Sr. Ngan yana ini nga Brgy. Bagacay, in dako, ngan damo na nga mga tawo an naukoy, ngan, iba-iba na nga
mga pakabuhi, may mga empleyado, mag-uroma, ngan mangirisda. Ngan yana, ha kadamu-an hine nga mga tawo, in nagkukuri la gihapon, dire sadang an ira kita, han ira kada adlaw nga mga kinahanglanon, tungod hine nagkukuri kita hin tubig, han panahon han tag sirak, ngan supply nga medesina, hinungdan nga limitado, han kulang han mga resources han barangay.
Ngan kadamu-an hine ha ira, an mga pakabuhi, pag-uma, ngan pangisda. Tungod hine, napipiritan an mga anak hin pagbulig pagpakabuhi, nga dire pa ensakto an edad, nga nagging kawsa han pagka may-ada dako nga out of school youth(OSY), dinhe ha aton barangay. researched by: Mrs.Susana J. Posto
People of Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
Total Population of Bagacay is 1,867 consist of 960 registered voters as of 2012, 286 no.of children ages 0-5, and 484 no. of children ages 6-12, and 137 youths ages 13-16,not registered voters who lives in the vicinity not counted.
Elected Government Officials of Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
|Republic Act No. 11462 Approved: 03 December 2019: That the barangay and sangguniang kabataan elections on the second Monday of May 2020 shall be postponed to December 5, 2022. The elected barangay officials as of May 14, 2018 will serve until December of 2022.|
- Elected Officers of Bagacay for the term of 2018 - 2020
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : ?
- Barangay Kagawads/Councilors: 7 members: Need their names
- Sangguniang Kabataan (SK officials)
- SK Chairman: ?
- SK kagawad: 7 members - need their names
This is the.
- Every Government Unit in the Philippines is within a Barangay. The municipal hall, city hall, the provincial capitol building, and even the Malacañang Palace where the president resides is within a Barangay.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress. Not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads or any infrastructure need to be built, improved or repaired, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and present it to the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
- Each city or municipality is represented by the "barangay association or federation". The elected president of the Association of Barangay Council and the President of Kabataan (SK) association each have a seat in the City/Municipality council. Their powers are the same and equal to the elected city/municipality councilors. They are there to help lobby the demands of the barangays. They are not there just to collect a big salary and rub elbows with the regular elected city/municipality council, but to also represent the needs of the barangays.
- The duties of the barangay officials are specifically written in Chapter III(Punong Barangay) and Chapter IV (The Sangguniang Barangay). Read it..
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality's "Sangguniang Panlungsod". They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, the "Sangguniang Panlungsod" does not have the power to remove or suspend any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Elected public officials can't be suspended by the DILG or the office of the president unless an official complaint has been filed, there must be proof and there must be due process. Republic Act 7160 chapter 4, Section 60. Information is power. Be informed. Do not be intimidated by the president, senator, congressman, governor, mayor, vice-mayor, or councilors. Do your job.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
- If the power lines are sagging, don't go to the power company, go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the power company.
- If the water lines are busted, don't wait for the water company, go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the water company.
- If the potholes in the road are not fixed, don't wait for the The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), go to the barangay office. Ask the barangay for a DEMAND resolution against the DPWH.
- Are you beginning to get the point?
Cleaning the shorelines, drainage systems, streets, rivers, and parks within your barangay is YOUR responsibility. You are accountable for this. It is not the responsibility of the City/Municipality officials. The citizens and officials of the barangay are responsible. Stop blaming others.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn't come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply "distributes" the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as "Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency". It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in "TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284."
- "IMPERIAL MANILA IS A MYTH!", it does not exist anymore. The Philippine budget formulation system is not centralized. . It is the responsibility of each LGU to submit their budgetary needs for review. Failure to submit is the problem.
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. Even the candidate for president. But after the election they ignore you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution's "separation of church and state". Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
Businesses in Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
- Rodrigo's Store, mini pharmacy and loading station to all networks and to all Dream and Cignal Subscribers,owned by Hon. Rodrigo S. Dela Cruz +639275264980/+639293914783
- MP Grocery and Bakery owned by Hon. Maricel P. Palanas and Dionesio's Copra Buyer located near Pier of Bagacay, Daram,Samar.
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Bagacay, you can list that property for FOR FREE.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (email@example.com) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
Due to Covid19: Pursuant to the instructions of President Roa Duterte, and as recommended by the DepEd, classes for the year 2021-2022 will be opened but will be monitored.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can't be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The "Licensure Exam for Teachers" is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be fluent and proficient in ENGLISH.
The schools in Bagacay. The schools namely
- Bagacay Elementary School
- Bagacay National High School (secondary school founded last October 1,2012) headed by Sir Lito O.Carausos.
Economy of Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
- If you have an article or news that talks about the improvement of the economy of this community you can post that article here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too. Send your information by: (1) email to email@example.com, (2) or post on our .
The barangay council is the key to the development of the community. The leadership of the council rests on the barangay chairman. There is no need to wait for the municipality mayor or city mayor to invite or entice business to your barangay. The barangay captain or kagawad should approach business men/women or entrepreneurs and encourage them to do business in this barangay.
When roads need repair or bridges need to be built, do not wait for the city or municipality council to act. The barangay can make a resolution and present the idea and solution to the city/municipality council. You are the caretakers of the barangay. Improvements will only come if you work and ask for it. The budget allocated to your municipality or city from the national government has its allocation for your barangay too. But don't be shy. When you need improvements for the barangay, immediately make a barangay resolution for the request and present that resolution to the city council. Individuals can also can have their ideas be heard. As a citizen of the barangay and if you have a concern for the maintenance or improvement of the bagangay, don't just sit, moan and groan. Go to the barangay hall and file a complaint with the barangay secretary. The secretary has the obligation to write down your complaint and officially log it. You can even take it further by presenting your idea directly to the council during the barangay council meetings. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".
The growth of your barangay does not have to come from the president, the governor or the mayor. It has to come from you the barangay residents and the barangay officials.
Just sitting around waiting for things to happen will not improve the economy of your barangay. Do not depend on the city or municipality council to come up with ideas. Come up with your own. The barangay is the keystone of the Philippine economy.
Natural Resources of Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
Long time ago,as we knew...Daram is an island.so there was no power supply....in the early 90's the power supplied by a generator in Daram proper,but only a limited supply...and as of now..Samelco II Coop.energized the whole municipality of Daram. Before communication is only by telegram or via post office..and now we even had internet connection via prepaid and postpaid broadbands....thanks to the telcos.
The oldest man or woman in Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Bagacay? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Bagacay. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Bagacay? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Bagacay? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Bagacay.
Sports News: updated 11/10/21
Kaya Iloilo sweeps Group B in Copa '21
MANILA – Kaya Iloilo pipped Mendiola with a 6-0 beating on Wednesday night to complete a sweep of Group B action in the Copa Paulino Alcantara at the PFF National Training Centre in Carmona.
A Jovin Bedic brace in the first half set the tone for the inaugural tournament champ even as the club netted three goals in each of the two halves to seal the top seed in its group ahead of the semifinals next week.
Bedic capitalized on an erroneous Mendiola attempt to keep the ball out of his reach and quickly raced inside the penalty box to open the scoring for Kaya Iloilo in the 11th minute.
Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
News and Events
Updated: January 24, 2022
Comelec campaign panels up for launching in NegOr.
DUMAGUETE CITY – The Commission on Elections (Comelec) in Negros Oriental will establish the campaign monitoring committees at the provincial and local levels prior to the start of the campaign period for candidates in the May 9 polls. Lawyer Lionel Marco Castillano, provincial election supervisor-designate for Negros Oriental, in an interview with the Philippine News Agency on Monday, said the Provincial Comelec Campaign Committee and its counterparts in the towns and cities will be tasked to monitor the activities of candidates on the campaign trail and ensure that guidelines and restrictions are complied with.
PSA resumes national identification list-up in NegOr
DUMAGUETE CITY – The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in Negros Oriental on Monday resumed registration of citizens to the government’s national identification system following a hiatus due to the onslaught of Typhoon Odette in the province last December. PSA-Negros Oriental provincial director Engr. Ariel Fortuito told the Philippine News Agency in an interview that his office has deployed 16 registration kits to different towns and cities for the Philippine Identification System (PhilSys) registration. “We were not able to start immediately the registration process this year as many towns and cities, especially in the central and northern parts of the province, were badly devastated by Typhoon Odette,” Fortuito said.
Why Z-Wiki Bagacay, Daram?
We want to give the people of Bagacay the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Bagacay is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Bagacay participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to Bagacay.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Bagacay.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Bagacay, Daram Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Daram, Samar, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Samar, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Bagacay, Daram, Samar, Philippines]]