Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
Barangays of Baras in the Catanduanes Province within Region V in the Republic of The Philippines
Abihao • Agban • Bagong Sirang • Batolinao • Benticayan • Buenavista • Caragumihan • Danao • Eastern Poblacion • Ginitligan • Guinsaanan • J. M. Alberto • Macutal • Moning • Nagbarorong • Osmeña • P. Teston • Paniquihan • Puraran • Putsan • Quezon • Rizal • Sagrada • Salvacion • San Lorenzo • San Miguel • Santa Maria • Tilod • Western Poblacion
Religion is always good for the people but it should never be embraced or financed by government. Tax exemption is not tantamount to financing. Every non-profit organization is tax-exempt.
Location of Baras within Catanduanes Philippines
- 1 Location of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 2 History of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 3 People of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 4 Elected Government Officials of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 5 Businesses in Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 6 Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
- 7 Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 8 Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 9 Schools in Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 10 Economy of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 11 Natural Resources of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 12 Tourists Attractions of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 13 Fiestas and Traditions of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 14 Your Story about Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 15 The oldest man or woman in Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 16 Sports News of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- 17 News and Events
- 18 Why Z-Wiki Abihao, Baras?
- 19 Abihao, Baras Photo and Image Gallery
Location of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- Abihao is one of the Barangays of Baras.
- Baras is in the Province of Catanduanes
- Catanduanes is an island province in the southern part of Luzon and within Region_V – Bicol Region.
History of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
Contribute your knowledge about the history of Abihao
People of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
Total Population of Abihao
Elected Government Officials of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- Elected Abihao Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Chairman (captain): ?
- SK Chairman: ?
- SK Kagawad:
- Secretary: ?
- We are inviting the secretary to adopt this barangay page.
- Treasurer: ?
Businesses in Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Abihao.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Take a picture of your Business in Abihao. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Businesses in Abihao
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Abihao, you can list that property for FOR FREE.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
The schools in Abihao
Economy of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Abihao, Baras you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Abihao, Baras, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Abihao, Baras. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu - since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Abihao. This will help boost the local economy of Abihao. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Abihao landmarks here.
- Places to see in Abihao:
Fiestas and Traditions of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
Fiesta date of Abihao
Your Story about Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
Tell your story about Abihao. You can talk about the good things in Abihao or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Abihao. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Abihao? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Abihao. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Abihao? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Abihao? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Abihao.
- Inaugural triathlon at New Clark City set
- Monday, August 16, 2019 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines — All is set for the New Clark City Triathlon which is the first triathlon event to be held at the New Clark City Sports Complex in Capas, Tarlac on Oct. 19-20.
- GoClark Sports and Events has partnered with presenting sponsor Robinsons Land Corp. in this triathlon featuring the swim event at the Aquatics Center, the 20km bike in the newly built New Clark City-SCTex connecting road and the run course in the sports complex, including the warm-up athletic track, the river park and a finish lap around the 20,000-seater Athletics Stadium ............................... Full Story»
News and Events
- 6% growth target stays
- Monday, Septembe 16, 2019
- The Department of Finance (DOF) said the government is maintaining its growth target of six percent or higher this year, even as the economy settled at only 5.5 percent growth in the first semester given the delay in the enactment of the 2019 General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- Carlos Dominguez, finance secretary, also said to avoid a repeat of the 2019 budget delay, leaders of both the Senate and the House of Representatives are meeting every month to monitor the progress on the budget and the 25 priority bills enumerated in the 4th State-of-the-Nation Address ........... Full Story»
- Stocks up, peso stronger
- Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Share prices ended higher yesterday as investors tracked overseas leads to trade the market.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) was up 70.20 points to 7,858.65, a 0.9 percent hike ........... Full Story»
Why Z-Wiki Abihao, Baras?
We want to give the people of Abihao the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Abihao is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Abihao participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to Abihao.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Abihao.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Abihao, Baras Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Baras, Catanduanes, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Catanduanes, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Abihao, Baras, Catanduanes, Philippines]]