Symptoms of Lack of Concentration & Focus
Concentration, or the ability to focus on a task at hand while blocking out distracting stimuli or thoughts, is one of our most powerful mental tools. When at optimal levels, concentration helps make our work flow easier, retain information better, and complete tasks in appropriate amounts of time.
It can become difficult to focus our attention and proper amount of concentration when distractions arise. Caused by internal or external factors, distractions can affect productivity, memory, and the ability to continue and complete tasks. Examples of physical factors include exhaustion, irregular sleep, an unbalanced diet, lack of exercise, and stress. Psychological factors can include boredom, mental burnout, avoidance, or feeling overloaded. Environmental factors can include excess noise, temperature, activity, or visual stimulation.
Supporting a balanced mood is especially important, and often overlooked, when addressing focus and concentration issues. The mind and body must be considered a holistic unit; not separate parts of a machine.
It is extremely difficult to continue with work or tasks when feeling overwhelmed, on edge, overly stressed, irritable, or exhausted. Incorporating changes to areas like diet, lifestyle, surroundings, and internal emotional elements can support the health of an individual as a whole.
Natural Treatment for Symptoms of Lack of Concentration & Focus
Focus Formula™ is a 100% safe and effective, non-addictive, natural herbal supplement. Formulated by our team of experts in natural medicine to promote improved concentration and mental focus in children, teens, and adults, Focus Formula™ helps to support attentiveness, information retention, and mental clarity without the risk of side effects.
Focus Formula™ contains a scientifically chosen selection of herbs known to support brain health and nervous system functioning. Using a unique, therapeutic blend of herbal ingredients gotu kola, ginkgo biloba, skullcap, German chamomile, green oats, stinging nettle extract and rooibos in a concentrated tincture formula, Focus Formula™ provides support for productivity, balanced moods, and normal energy levels.
To learn more about this product's individual natural ingredients, click the "INGREDIENTS" tab above.
Focus Formula™ is vegetarian-friendly, Kosher-certified, and contains no artificial colors, preservatives or gluten. It is available in a convenient, concentrated tincture formula that can be taken directly via drops in the mouth or added to your favorite beverage. Focus Formula™ is also a great complementary herbal remedy to BrightSpark™, a homeopathic medicine for temporarily relieving hyperactivity, distractibility, and impulsiveness.
To ensure the safety of Focus Formula™ and provide the highest quality, most effective product, we use only Premium Whole Herb manufacturing. This process excludes the use of any chemical solvents during extraction and maintains the balance and harmony of the whole herb and its active ingredients.
Other Treatments for Lack of Concentration & Focus
Support improved concentration and focus with these tips:
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Avoid heavy meals during the day that can cause sluggishness.
- Drink plenty of water if you're feeling lethargic.
- Limit caffeine and sugar intake, as they can increase anxiety.
- Exercise regularly; it can not only help concentration but also increase energy levels.
- Get sufficient rest, set regular sleeping patterns, and make time for relaxing.
- Check medications for side effects.
- Find a work area that is well-lit, quiet, and comfortable.
- Be organized, create and stick to checklists.
- Create incentives for completing tasks.
- Change your routine now and then to break the monotony.
- Take regular breaks, even just to stretch for five minutes.
What are the ingredients?
Focus Formula is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Extract of Nettle, Chamomile, Ginkgo biloba, Gotu kola, Oat Seed, Rooibos, Skullcap.
- Wild Harvested Ginkgo Leaf (Ginkgo biloba) is an extremely effective herb for maintaining the functions of a healthy circulatory system, particularly in older patients with age-related memory loss and forgetfulness (Rai GS, Shovlin C, Wesnes KA. Curr Med Res Opin 1991; 12:350-355; Oken BS, Storzbach DM, Kaye JA. Arch Neurol. 1998; 55:1409-1415; Le Bars PL, Kieser M, Itil KZ. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2000; 11:230-237). Active ingredients include flavone glycosides (including ginkgolide), bioflavins, sitosterol, lactones and anthocyanin.
- Organic Skullcap Herb (Scutellaria lateriflora) has been traditionally used to support nervous system health. It helps to support the natural equilibrium normally present in the mind and contributes to the maintenance of a healthy attitude. Active ingredients include flavonoids, tannins, bitter, volatile oil and minerals. Scutellaria lateriflora was recently studied with regards to its supportive ability on relaxed mood and calmness (Wolfson P, Hoffmann DL. "An investigation into the efficacy of Scutellaria lateriflora in healthy volunteers." Phytos Inc., San Anselmo, Calif., USA. Altern Ther Health Med. 2003 Mar-Apr; 9(2):74-8).
- Organic Chamomile Flower (Matricaria recutita) was traditionally used to help relieve occasional simple nervous tension. This herb helps to gently soothe and lessen frustration caused by common everyday overwork and fatigue. Active ingredients include volatile oil, flavonoids, valerianic acid, coumarins, tannins, salicylates and cyanogenic glycosides.
- Organic Gotu Kola Herb (Centella asiatica) is found wild in moist areas throughout Africa and Asia. This herb is traditionally used to support a healthy brain and nervous system. Centella asiatica is recommended to support brain functions such as mental clarity and a healthy memory, as well as to maintain a balanced mood. Centella asiatica is also a favorite food of elephants and, as we all know, elephants never forget! Recent studies have suggested that Centella asiatica supports cerebral blood flow (CBF) and circulation in general (Pointel JP, Boccalon H, Cloarec M, Ledevehat C, Joubert M. Angiology 1987; 38[1 Pt 1]:46-50), thereby allowing oxygen-rich blood to penetrate deep into the brain. Studies have also suggested that this herb may be beneficial in supporting moods (Bradwejn J, Zhou Y, Koszycki D, Shlik J. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2000; 20:680-684).
- Organic Fresh Wild Oat Seed (Avena sativa) is a general tonic traditionally used in folk medicine, as well as in modern herbalism. Avena sativa is invaluable in supporting the nervous system. Active ingredients include saponins, flavonoids, minerals, alkaloids, steroidal compounds, and vitamins B1, B2, D and E.
- Organic Nettle Leaf (stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) and/or dwarf nettle (Urtica urens)) is used both traditionally and in modern herbalism to maintain blood sugar levels already within the normal range. Urtica urens also helps to maintain the good disposition of the circulatory system in a healthy body. Active ingredients are histamine, formic acid, acetylcholine (important in maintaining healthy memory functioning), glucoquinones, minerals, vitamins A, B and C, and tannins.
- Rooibos Herb (Aspalathus linearis) contains magnesium, zinc and iron, all of which assist in maintaining a healthy nervous system. Zinc and iron, in particular, support natural systemic balance in the brain, promoting standard consistency and normal functioning of the nervous system. In an animal study, chronic Rooibos tea administration helped the animal body to naturally resist age-related accumulation of lipid peroxides in several regions of the rat brain (Inanami O, Asanuma T, Inukai N, Jin T, Shimokawa S, Kasai N, Nakano M, Sato F, Kuwabara M. "The suppression of age-related accumulation of lipid peroxides in rat brain by administration of Rooibos tea (Aspalathus linearis)." Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Morioka, Japan. Neurosci Lett. 1995 Aug 18; 196(1-2):85-8).
- Vegetable Glycerin (inactive ingredient)
- Deionized Water (inactive ingredient)
- Rasberry and Mixed Berry Natural Flavors (inactive ingredient)
How do I use Focus Formula?
Dilute drops in a small amount of water or juice and sip slowly. Alternatively, drop directly into the mouth with dropper.
Adults & Children 15+: Take 0.50 mL 3 times daily after meals.
Children 10-14: Take 0.25 mL 3 times daily after meals.
Children 3-9: Take 1 drop per year of age 3 times daily after meals.
Note: For ongoing support, it is recommended that Focus Formula be used concurrently with BrightSpark.
Caution: If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care professional. Keep this and all medicines from the reach of children.
How long until I see results?
With continued use, the benefits of Focus Formula should become more and more apparent over time. Some people take longer than others to respond, depending on various factors. In this case, perseverance is recommended, as with regular use, improvement should be noted within 3 to 6 weeks. However, some people respond more quickly.
Best results are achieved when Focus Formula is used consistently and the recommendations regarding diet are followed.
Regular exercise, sufficient sleep, and a healthy, balanced diet will also contribute to good health and well-being.
Get optimum results with regular use
Natural remedies strive to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health. The natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning.
People respond to natural remedies in different ways. To ensure you receive optimum results it is important to take natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that a smaller maintenance amount is beneficial for ongoing support.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of Focus Formula at full adult dosage (0.50 mL 3 times daily) will last approximately 39 days. For children under the age of 15, one bottle will last longer, as fewer drops are used daily.