What is Respo-K?
Respo-K is a safe, non-addictive, FDA-registered 100% natural homeopathic OTC medicine formulated especially for pets to relieve colds and respiratory ailments and strengthen immunity to prevent the recurrence of secondary infections of the sinuses or lungs.
Respo-K is an excellent companion to homeopathic AmazaPet™, as it improves respiratory function and reduces asthmatic symptoms in pets. Used together, Respo-K and AmazaPet can provide immediate symptomatic relief of respiratory infections and asthma in pets for easy breathing by improving overall respiratory health and lung functioning!
Presented in convenient tablet form, Respo-K can be crushed, sprinkled on the tongue, or taken whole, and is easy to administer without fussing or fighting.
All PetAlive homeopathic products and biochemic tissue salts are manufactured in a FDA- and GMP-registered pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of qualified homeopaths and responsible pharmacists. Individual ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
Respiratory infections in pets
If you have noticed signs of lethargy, coughing, sneezing, fever and runny eyes or nose, then your pet is probably suffering from a cold or upper respiratory infection. This is an infection of the nose, throat and upper airways similar to when humans get a cold or flu. Cats are particularly prone to respiratory infections, but dogs can also contract them, including the common problem of kennel cough.
You may also notice that your pet has stopped eating; this happens particularly to cats because their appetites are primarily driven by smell. If a cat’s nose is blocked and he cannot smell, he will probably become pickier about what he will eat or stop eating altogether for a few days.
Like humans, pets are also susceptible to secondary sinus and chest infections that can result from an untreated cold or initial upper respiratory infection.
Although respiratory infections usually resolve within about 7-10 days, very young or very old pets may be at serious risk when infected with a cold or respiratory infection. For this reason, one should never ignore a pet’s illness. Prompt attention and treatment will save your pet much discomfort and, in weaker animals, may even save their life.
What causes respiratory infections in pets?
Various harmful organisms like viruses and bacteria can cause upper respiratory infections in pets and the nose, eyes, throat and sinuses may all be involved. These may be contagious among pets, but the organisms that affect pets are usually different from those affecting humans so catching a cold from your pet, or the other way around, should not be a concern.
Viruses and bacteria will cause illness much more readily in pets with weakened immune systems caused by another illness, poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle or advanced age.
The natural way
Antibiotics are the usual treatment for respiratory infections and are generally effective in clearing bacterial infections. While antibiotics are not effective in viral infections like colds and flu, they are often prescribed prophylactically in order to prevent secondary infections (which are often bacterial).
Despite their initial efficacy, the downside of antibiotic drugs is that they reduce immune functioning, making your pet vulnerable to recurrence or other illness and infection. A vet may also prescribe medications (e.g. decongestants) for relief of congestion and other symptoms.
Natural remedies can help to safely reduce your pet’s unpleasant symptoms during an upper respiratory tract infection and cut recovery time as well as strengthen the immune system to prevent recurring infection. Due to the high safety profile of the ingredients, our natural remedies are also free of side effects.
Additionally, natural remedies can help to strengthen the respiratory system, including the nose, throat and lungs and promote a healthy immune system, and have been used for generations to encourage respiratory health and support the lungs and sinuses.
Dietary recommendations for optimal health and immune functioning:
- Many holistic vets will agree that the more raw food (as opposed to cooked meals or dried commercial pet food) the animal eats, the fewer general health problems there will be. Ideally, the best diet for a cat or dog is one which most closely resembles that which he would find in the wild.
- For cats, who are largely carnivorous, this should consist of mainly raw meat (minced beef and chicken, chicken livers) mixed with a little bone meal and a small amount of some grated carrot or finely chopped greens like spinach.
- Dogs will do well if more chopped and grated raw vegetables are added to their diets. We also recommend raw meat and raw bones for dogs, mixed with grated raw vegetables and chopped salads.
- A teaspoon or two of olive oil added to the meal every day (depending on size) will also be beneficial. Do not give your animals any milk at all – nor products containing sugar.
- Remember that you should not try to change your pet’s diet overnight, especially if the animal is elderly. Slowly introduce new foods and allow the digestive system to become accustomed to the new diet.
What are the Ingredients?
Respo-K is a 100% homeopathic formula, contains these HPUS ingredients in therapeutic dosage, and has the following indications (purposes): Calc sulph 6C, Ferrum phos 6C, Hepar sulph calc 12C, Sambucus nig 3X, Verbascum 3X.
- Calc sulph 6C is a biochemic tissue salt that is useful in relieving conditions including all infections, and also speeds up the natural healing process. Calc sulph can be used to relieve coughs, especially when phlegm is thin or watery, and treats sore, irritated throats.
- Ferrum phos 6C is another biochemic tissue salt that has many uses in the body. The most important benefits are in the ability of Ferrum phos to combat all types of infection and inflammation. Ferrum phos also helps to strengthen the walls of the blood vessels and thus improves the body’s ability to distribute oxygen-rich blood and iron to all cells, thereby facilitating healing. Ferrum phos is recommended at the first stage of any infection for fast resolution of the symptoms.
- Hepar sulph calc 12C is a homeopathic remedy for infections, skin ailments, earaches, sore throats and rattling coughs. It is particularly useful in inflammation of the throat and larynx, bronchitis and tonsillitis. It also accelerates the natural healing processes in the body.
- Sambucus nig 3X is a widely used homeopathic remedy for coughs, colds and flu.
- Verbascum 3X is a homeopathic remedy highly regarded for its ability to address blocked noses and chests and help facilitate easy natural breathing. These properties make Verbascum an excellent remedy for infections of the respiratory tract.
- Inactive Ingredients: Acacia Gum, Distilled Water, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Sucrose
How do I use Respo-K?
Respo-K tablets may be given whole or crushed and mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet’s size and preferences.
Administer 3-5 times daily for 10-15 days as follows:
Cats and Dogs under 20 lbs: 1 tablet
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 2 tablets
Dogs over 50 lbs: 3 tablets
Continue for 3-5 days after the desired effect has been achieved. May be used in conjunction with KC-Defense™ when dogs are to be placed in kennels to support the immune system and encourage respiratory health, or for added long-term respiratory system support, it is recommended that Respo-K be administered in conjunction with AmazaPet™.
Note: Safe for animals of all ages, pregnant animals or animals that are nursing. Respo-K can safely be used along with prescription medications. No adverse interactions have been noted between the ingredients in Respo-K and prescription medications. However, as with any medicine, it is always advisable to consult your vet.
Please consult your vet if symptoms persist.
Get optimum results with regular use
While conventional medicine works by often treating just the symptoms, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health, relieve ailments, and help prevent future disease. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning (rather than just suppressing symptoms).
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways. Some of our satisfied customers have reported observing immediate results in their pets while many others have reported observing optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. To ensure your pet receives optimum results, it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report using a regular maintenance dose as part of a preventative program for the continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
How long until I see results?
Because Respo-K is 100% homeopathic, it supports the animal body on a cellular level — getting to work upon the first dose. Within a few doses, the respiratory system is supported. Continued improvement will be seen with regular use. While some animals need only a single dose, others may require additional doses, depending on factors such as the age and size of the animal. Response times vary from animal to animal, based on physiological composition and other circumstances. While some animals begin to show an almost immediate improvement that increases over time, others will see results after 3-5 days. For long-term support of the immune system, Immunity and Liver Support is recommended.
How long does one bottle last?
One bottle of Respo-K contains 180 tablets and will last between 12 days and 6 weeks, depending on the size and dosage needs of your pet.