What is DigestAssist?
DigestAssist is a 100% safe, non-addictive natural herbal remedy formulated to support healthy digestion and comfort after meals. Available in convenient drop form, it can be taken as needed to support digestive comfort after meals, helping you to enjoy your food every day!
The formula remains true to the whole spectrum method of herbal extraction, ensuring the bioavailability and balance of all the ingredients contained in the remedy. This manufacturing method also significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects and maintains all ingredients in perfect balance – exactly as nature intended!
All Native Remedies products are manufactured in a FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of an expert team of herbalists, naturopaths, homeopaths and responsible pharmacists.
The natural way
Naturopaths recognize that the whole person must be supported in order to maximize health and promote healthy digestive systems. Naturopaths prefer to take a holistic look at the individual and encompass a variety of factors to include diet, lifestyle, personality type, surroundings and emotional elements.
Herbal and homeopathic remedies have been used for centuries to assist with healthy digestion, and there is documented use of herbs to promote the digestive process in writings as far back as ancient Egypt.
Cultures throughout the world have relied on digestive herbs with excellent results. Even today, herbs and spices are used not only for their delicious taste but also to assist with digestion – helping naturally! These positive benefits have been borne out by research.
What are the ingredients?
- Certified Organic Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale) is an herb that has a long history. In animal studies this herb has been investigated for its ability to support the entire gastric system.
- (Mentha piperita), one of the most well-known of the mint herbs, has been used for centuries in many cultures. Numerous modern studies have investigated its properties for digestive support. Mentha piperita supports the digestive tract and digestion. (Taylor BA, Luscombe DK, Duthie HL. “Inhibitory effect of peppermint on gastrointestinal smooth muscle.” Gut. 1983; 24:A992).
- Certified Organic Fennel Seed (Foeniculum vulgare) is an herb that has been used since ancient times.
- Imported Pelargonium Root is a medicinal plant known to generations of Khoi/San descendants and Xhosa traditional healers for its health-supporting properties. Also known as ‘Umckaloabo,’ it is traditionally used for a range of therapeutic functions and is well known for its supportive capacity on liver functioning and as a digestive tonic. This species of pelargonium is indigenous to the Eastern Cape of South Africa and grows wild, sending out long bulbous roots deep into the ground. The active ingredients are found in the bitter tasting root of the plant. Recent studies have indicated this herb can be beneficial in supporting the body’s ability to maintain balance between various body systems.
- Vegetable Glycerin (inactive ingredient)
- Deionized Water (inactive ingredient)
How do I use DigestAssist?
Dilute drops in a small amount of water or juice.
Adults & Children 15+: 0.50 mL as needed.
Children 6-14: 1 drop per age year of the child.
Caution: If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care professional. Keep this and all medicines from the reach of children
Get optimum benefits with regular use
People can differ widely in their response times to natural remedies depending on individual makeup, lifestyle and diet. Some may experience a general feeling of wellness within days, while for others it may take longer before an effect is felt.
Often, as in the case of all good tonics, a gradual improvement is felt over time. Best results are achieved when it is used consistently along with a healthy lifestyle.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of DigestAssist will also last approximately 120 days, depending on frequency of use.