Fort pilar is the foundation of Zamboanga City and its Chavacano language.
Fort pilar is the foundation of Zamboanga Ctiy and its Chavacano language. The entire Zamboanga Peninsula was under the name of Zamboanga and was even once the Republic of Zamboanga for a brief period of time.
People who live in Zamboanga City are called Zamboangueños. The majority of the people who live in Zamboanga City speak the chavacano language. Of course several other languages are spoken in Zamboanga City but the local residents are really proud of their language and the name that they have coined it, “chavacano”.
Chavacano is the language of the Zamboangueños. Some refer to the language of the Zamboangueños as chabacano, which the Zamboangueños do not mind, as some of them refer to chavacano as chabacano. However, it is commonly accepted that if you are officially referring to the language of the Zamboangueños, then you might as well call it chavacano. Many zamboangueños pronounce the letters “V” as “B” , the “F” as “P” and the “Z” as “S”. However they may say “chabacano” but they will write it as “chavacano”, they’d say “prio” but they will write it down as “frio” or say “crus” but correctly write it down as “cruz“.
The prosperity of the Zamboanga peninsula depends a great deal on highways that connects all the provinces, municipalities and cities. Within the cities and municipalities farm to market roads are always under construction. By 2030 people can zip from Dapitan to Zamboanga City without cutting through Zamboanga del Sur and Sibugay.
With infrastructure in place, prosperity will surely follow.
People of Zamboanga are happy and talented people. Here is a song by Major Chords singing the song “Zamboanga Hermosa“. Enjoy!
In the 1970s Region 9 was created.
The city of Isabela later became part of region 9 making it officially 5 areas belonging to region 9: Isabela City, Zamboanga City, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur and Zamboanga Sibugay.
- Zamboanga del Norte is situated in Northern Mindanao. It is bounded on the north and west by the Sulu Sea, on the east by Misamis Occidental, and on the south by Zamboanga del Sur. The province occupies a total land area of 6,618 square kilometers. It has an average elevation of 243.8 meters, with Mt. Dabiak in Katipunan as the highest peak at 2,600 meters. Other parts, near the coastlines, are plains. The province’s irregular coastline runs 400 kilometers from north to south. Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City – Capital
- Zamboanga del Sur is a province of the Philippines located in the western part of Mindanao and is in the Zamboanga Peninsula. Zamboanga del Sur is occupying the southern section of the Zamboanga Peninsula that forms the western part of the island of Mindanao. It is located within longitude 1220 54′ to 1230 40′ east and latitude 70 22′ to 80 20′ north. It is bounded in the north by the Province of Zamboanga del Norte, in the south by the Moro Gulf, in the southwest by the newly-created Province of Zamboanga Sibugay, in the east by the Province of Misamis Occidental, the Panguil Bay and a portion of Lanao del Sur Province.
- Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur: Pagadian City
- 7.7833° N, 122.5833° E – Zamboanga Sibugay, Coordinates
- Zamboanga Sibugay is a province of the Philippines located in the Zamboanga Peninsula region in Mindanao. Its capital is Ipil and it borders Zamboanga del Norte to the north, Zamboanga del Sur to the east and Zamboanga City to the southwest. To the south lies Sibuguey Bay in the Moro Gulf. Zamboanga Sibugay was created in 2001 when the third district of Zamboanga del Sur split off. Zamboanga Sibugay is the 79th province created in the Philippines.
The City of Isabela in the island of Basilan
- Location and Geography of Isabela City, Philippines:
- Isabela City is only 30 minutes away via sea jet boats from Zamboanga City.
- Zamboanga City is a chartered City (October 12, 1936) and is an independent component of any provinces in the Philippines. Zamboanga City is the 6th most populated city in the Philippines and with a total land mass area of 1,483.38 square kilometers, makes Zamboanga City the 3rd largest city in the Philippines. Zamboanga City is NOT a part of Zamboanga del Sur. The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB), Commission on Election (comelec), PIA (Philippine Information Agency), and the office of the president of The Philippines as of today (12/12/2021), continues to incorrectly lists Zamboanga City as part of Zamboanga del Sur.
Zamboanga.com was only about Zamboanga City and its chavacano language when we first started in 1997. In 2009 we made Zamboanga as the portal to the Philippines and created a page for every LGU listing the elected officials in each respective page. We still maintain our store front in Tumaga, Zamboanga City.
Zamboanga connects you to all the places in the Philippines. Zamboanga connects you to every single Barangay, Municipality, City, Province and Region in the Philippines. The first to do it and still the only website in the world that does this.
Just click on any of these links BARANGAY | MUNICIPALITY | CITY | PROVINCE | REGION.
Zamboanga City is unique. It has 98 barangays (barrios) and its own language. Chavacano! As a customer of Zamboanga Shopping you help support the continued propagation of the Chavacano Language of Zamboanga City and the establishment of the Universal Stewardship Academy.
Chavacano/Chabacano el lenguaje de Zamboanga: Updated: January 18, 2022
In English: Shave
In Chavacano: Afeita
“Shave” In Chavacano: Afeita
- Many of the women shave their legs.
- Mucho del maga mujer ta afeita el de ila espinilla.
Featured News of the Philippines
Updated: January 20, 2022
TESDA eyes 70K scholars in Western Visayas this year.
ILOILO CITY – Around 50,000 to 70,000 scholars are expected to benefit from the various trainings that will be conducted by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) in Western Visayas this year. Regional Director Jerry G. Tizon, in an interview Thursday, said they are looking forward to an increase in their almost PHP1 billion scholarship budget last year so they can have more scholars. “Hopefully this year our scholarship allocation will increase further so we can help more. I believe with the special commitment of our central office to legislative partners, it’s going to be the same figure or even more than that will be downloaded to us,” he said.
Zambo City cops distribute face masks to street dwellers
ZAMBOANGA CITY – Cops here distributed Thursday face masks to street dwellers who were caught without the protective gear against the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). Col. Alexander Lorenzo, Zamboanga City Police Office (ZCPO) director, led the distribution of the face masks around the city as he reminded the public anew of the threat by the Covid-19 Omicron variant. “I urge you to fully support and cooperate with the police in the implementation of health safety protocols,” Lorenzo told the street dwellers. Around 5:10 a.m. Thursday, Lorenzo inspected the duty personnel at Pasonanca Park and reminded them of the strict security measures and health and safety protocols under the Alert Level 3 classification.
First and foremost, Islam is a form of government disguised as a religion. The expansion of Islam is through conversion…
The school system of the Philippines as mandated by the Philippine government has successfully brainwashed the Filipinos. Every year these…
Many ideologies, religions or beliefs prohibit the consumption of certain foods or drinks. Before the advent of “enlightened men”, humans…
Not everybody can be a leader. If you must follow, don’t be a minion. Be like a tillerman. A tillerman…
The push for Federalism in The Philippines is a ploy for a Bangsamoro Islamic State! ☪ Moros are Muslims ☪…