Lunzuran Zamboanga City Philippines
The barangay of Lunzuran borders Tumaga to the southwest and Putik to the South. Lunzuran is about 1.2 kilometers from the main highway. Lunzuran is more of a savannah hilly terrain. Lunzuran has its own water supply managed by the city water district.
In 2006 the barangay of Lunzuran constructed a brand new building to house the Barangay hall. Slowly but surely the barangay of lunzuran is growing.
Arena Blanco-D2 ● Ayala-D1 ● Baliwasan-D1 ● Baluno-D1 ● Boalan-D2 ● Bolong-D2 ● Buenavista-D2 ● Bunguiao-D2 ● Busay-D2 ● Cabaluay-D2 ● Cabatangan-D1 ● Cacao-D2 ● Calabasa-D2 ● Calarian-D1 ● Camino Nuevo-D1 ● Campo Islam-D1 ●Canelar-D1 ● Capisan-D1 ● Cawit-D1 ● Culianan-D2 ● Curuan-D2 ● Daap ● Dita-D2 ● Divisoria-D2 ● Dulian Bunguiao-D2 ● Dulian Pasonanca-D1 ● Guisao-D2 ● Guiwan-D2 ● Kasanyangan-D2 ● La Paz-D1 ● Labuan-D1 ● Lamisahan-D2 ● Landang Gua-D2 ● Landang Laum-D2 ● Lanzones-D2 ● Lapakan-D2 ● Latuan Curuan-D2 ● Licomo-D2 ● Limaong ● Limpapa-D1 ● Lubigan-D2 ● Lumayang-D2 ● Lumbangan-D2 ● Lunzuran-D2 ● Maasin-D1 ● Malagutay-D1 ● Mampang-D2 ● Manalipa-D2 ●Mangusu-D2 ● Manicahan-D2 ● Mariki-D1 ● Mercedes-D2 ● Muti-D2 ● Pamucutan-D1 ● Pangapuyan-D2 ● Panubigan-D2 ● Pasilmanta-D2 ● Pasobolong-D2 ● Pasonanca-D1 ● Patalon-D1 ● Putik-D2 ● Quiniput-D2 ● Recodo-D1 ● Rio Hondo-D1 ●Salaan-D2 ● San Jose Cawa-Cawa-D1 ● San Jose Gusu-D1 ● San Ramon-D1 ● San Roque-D1 ● Sangali-D2 ● Sibulao Curuan-D2 ● Sinubong-D1 ● Sinunuc-D1 ● Sta. Barbara-D1 ● Sta. Catalina-D2 ● Sta. Maria-D1 ● Sto. Niño-D1 ● Tagasilay-D2 ●Taguiti-D2 ● Talabaan-D2 ● Talisayan-D1 ● Talon-Talon-D2 ● Taluksangay-D2 ● Tetuan-D2 ● Tictapul-D2 ● Tigbalabag-D2 ● Tigtabon-D2 ● Tolosa-D2 ● Tugbungan-D2 ● Tulungatung-D1 ● Tumaga-D1 ● Tumalutab-D2 ● Tumitus-D2 ● Victoria-D2 ●Vitali-D2 ● Zambowood-D2 ● Zone I-D1 ● Zone II-D1 ● Zone III-D1 ● Zone IV-D1
Create Name’s page
People of Lunzuran
Population of Lunzuran as 2015 census: 9,931
History of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
Long before the Spaniards came, the whole Zamboanga was covered with forest except the areas along the shores. The natives engaged in fishing, they inhabited the shore lines. Upon their arrival, the Spaniards undertook at once the task of building a town, which is at present the city of Zamboanga.
This town became a center, so that, it prospered and expanded to its present boundaries. Many people made good in the place, so they decided to settle there permanently with their families.
It was then Moros harassed the foreigners while they were on campaign. The Spaniards reached the farthest place where the settlers built their homes. On their way, they met a man carrying bundles of vegetables. The soldier who wish to know the name of the place, asked him in Spanish, “Que se llamas estoy lugar?” The man did not understand what he was talking about. All he thought the Spaniard was asking him where he was going, so he answered, “sa lungsod”, which is in Visayan dialect, meaning “going to town”. Since the Spaniard found difficulty in saying the Visayan word, he pronounced it as “lunzur”, until many settlers heard it, until many people modified the place as “lunzuran” which meant pleasant and so romantic to hear.
Elected Government Officials of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
Lunzuran Barangay Elected Officers for the term of 2013-2016-18
Lunzuran Barangay Elected Officers for the term of 2010-2013
Lunzuran Barangay Elected Officers for the term of 2007-2010
This is the.
The barangay has power and authority over its domain. The improvement of the barangay rests on the barangay officials. The barangay chairman, the barangay council and the local businessmen forge the prosperity of the barangay. Not the president of the Philippines, senate, nor congress, not the governor of the province, not the mayor nor council of the municipality or city. Poor barangays stay poor because of weak and/or ignorant(uninformed) barangay leaders.
When roads need to be built or any infrastructure within the barangay is needed, all the barangay officials have to do is make a resolution and demand for it from the city or municipality council. The resolution will force the city/municipal council or responsible government office to hear the legitimate demands. “The squeaky wheel gets the grease.”
Practically anything that has to do with the barangay, the barangay officials have a say on it and most likely the authority over it. The majority of the barangay officials are not aware of their duties and power. They depend on the city council or mayor. The elected barangay officials are afraid of the mayor and city/municipality’s “Sangguniang Panlungsod”. They are in fear of being ousted or removed from office. The truth is, “Sangguniang Panlungsod” does not have the power to remove any elected barangay officials from office. Only the COURT OF LAW can do this (judicial branch of the government). Information is power. Be informed.
The control of traffic is not up to the city council or chief of police. It is controlled by the barangay. If the barangay needs traffic enforcers, the barangay can make a resolution to demand it from the city or municipality council. When the electric coop or the water district do not maintain their lines, the barangay can directly demand for the maintenance from the utility companies. No need to wait for city council.
The citizens also has the power to make demands to the barangay officials. In case the officials get blinded. Simply file an official complaint with the barangay secretary naming the Punong barangay as the respondent representing the barangay.
Cleaning the shorelines, drainage systems, streets, rivers, and parks within your barangay is YOUR responsibility. You are accountable for this. It is not the responsibility of the City/Municipality officials. The citizens and officials of the barangay are responsible.
- BUDGET: As far as the preparation for the budget expenditures, it starts at the barangay level, then moves on to cities, municipalities, provinces and regions. The barangays need to exercise their authority. They need to put their yearly budget together for their administration and future projects. The majority of the barangays leave this job to the municipality and city. This is so wrong. Then when the budget doesn’t come or is lacking, they complain.
- The budget for the barangays does go to the City or Municipality, but simply for holding and later distribution. The city or municipality DOES NOT approve the budget. It was already approved by congress. The city or municipality simply “distributes” the approved budget.
- The bureau of internal revenue is in cahoots to subdue the barangays, municipalities and provinces. They call the rightful shares to the taxes collected as “Internal Revenue Allotment Dependency”. It is not a dependency. It is the lawful and rightful share of the LGU as specified in “TITLE III, SHARES OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS IN THE PROCEEDS OF NATIONAL TAXES, CHAPTER I, Allotment of Internal Revenue Taxes, Section 284.”
- Imperial Manila does not exist anymore. Budgetary planning has been .
- DURING ELECTIONS: Where do City and Municipality politicians go to campaign? They seek the support of the Barangay officials. They plead to the barangay folks for the votes. After the election they forget you. Do not ever forget the power of the barangay.
Ignorance keeps the pinoys thinking that Manila rules. Be informed, be educated and make your barangay prosper.
- Absolutely NO need for FEDERALISM. It is a ploy to give the Bangsamoro an Islamic State where the religion of . Bangsamoro will be a HOMELAND not for all Filipinos but for only the Muslim Filipinos. It violates the constitution’s “separation of church and state“.
Businesses in Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST – Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. – Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs – Website
- An appeal to all business owners: Include the name of the Barangay in the address of your company. This will help promote your barangay.
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: FHM Garden Grill and Catering and ABC Shopping Center. If you do not want to “wiki-upload”, email your picture to email@example.com
- Give your business a good description. Add your address(include barangay name) and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses in your Barangay
- Lending Firms, Pawnshops, any Financial businesses
- Clinics and Care Centers
- Convenient Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Agrivets, or Any kind of Retail Outlet
- Fish & Meat Markets
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants or Carenderias (carinderias), bakeshops
- Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
Lunzuran, Zamboanga City, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More….
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 – View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 – 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Lunzuran, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
- Properties for Sale
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed in this community page. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data (story about your place of worship) here yourself, email the information or pictures to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via.
- FILIPINOS WAKE UP! THE TAXES YOU PAID ARE USED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO EXCLUSIVELY FINANCE THE RELIGION OF ISLAM.
Freedom of religion, yes. Equality, yes. But no favoritism.
Schools in Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
- Take a picture of your school building(s) and send your pictures via email to (email@example.com) or message me via . I will then post the pictures in this page.
School year 2018-2019 starts Monday, Monday, June 4, 2018 and ends on Friday, April 5, 2019, for public elementary and secondary schools. The School Year shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days.
- List of schools: >>> click
PUBLIC NOTICE: Why pretend that the National language of the Philippines is Tagalog? It should be English. To be a Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, architect, nurse, computer technician; what books do you learn from? English books of course. All your tests are in English. The constitution of the Philippines is written in English. All the laws and new laws introduced by congress are in English. For that matter, you can’t be a teacher in a school system unless you know English. The “Licensure Exam for Teachers” is in ENGLISH! Who are these people forcing Tagalog down our throats? Tagalog is simply one of the many dialects of the Philippines. Keep your dialects but learn and be proficient in ENGLISH.
Lunzuran has an Elementary School with a population of about 400 students. For High School the students travel to the nearby Barangays of Putik, Divisoria, or other Private Schools.
Economy of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
- New housing projects are being built in Luzuran. One of these projects is located on Sun Road near the Ateneo de Zamboanga High School Building. The subdivision offers big lots and modern houses.
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Lunzuran you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Lunzuran, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
A river runs through Lunzuran and it flows down through the barangay of Putik. During the rainy season and when it floods, often the river brings down tons of river sand. Some of the sand get trapped above the irrigation damn. It is necessary to remove the sand so as not to hamper the irrigation system. However, this removal of truck loads of sand also provides income for the barangay. It provides labor for the unemployed and it also improves the economy of Lunzuran.
The city dug a deep weel and constructed a unit to house the water pump. The location of the well is near the the bank of the river by the hanging bridge. Electricity drives the water pump and the residents of Lunzuran are provided with clean drinking water.
- Please upload a picture of the hanging bridge and the water pump house.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years – Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the “human” way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to “line” the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the “mother nature” way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into “bald” forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there’s not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, “Are the Filipinos a clean people?” The answer is an automatic, “Yes!”. However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the “NIMBY” disease or “NIMBY” attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can’t say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Roy Cimatu – since May 8, 2017
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine’s Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power and thermal energy conversion. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
- Help us post some interesting pictures. This will help boost the local economy of the community. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Send your pictures via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via .
- Post the Lunzuran landmarks here.
Fiestas and Traditions of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
Barangay Fiesta: Every 19th of March
Your Story about Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: “Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname”. You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: “Philippines by Your name”. You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Lunzuran.
- Copy and paste the code below in “green” to the body of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Lunzuran Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
=[[Lunzuran Zamboanga City Philippines]]=
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.